Sign in to follow this  
Milkdrop

[Bug] Tamed animals float out of the house on untame.

Hello,

considering the animals (rats in my case) end up outside of the house and roam my deed, I assume this is is a server issue so I put this down here. ;)

float_rat.jpg

Lets start with this screenshot, this rat freshly untamed cause I was trying to move them once again after a pen change from 1x1 tile to 1x2 tiles (regular pen size which worked for them in my old stables - I thought that maybe the cause).

As you can see the rat slightly hoovers over the ground at half the pole fence height, this height will increase gradulay over time, eventually by tomorrow morning the rat will be sitting on top of the roof and then be able to jump off there and run around the deed. I have had this happen 4 times now and then I had to catch them on the deed somewhere.

Some other float rats I caught midway and could abort with a retame and move them a bit, but once they reach a certain height or go over the roof, the roof will be in the way and then I can only wait for the rat to finish its escape and catch it on the deed.

The building is 2 stories high + thatched roof and the pens are in a 4x5 area of the house (there is a small 2x2 area and a ramp leading up to the first floor to lead rats up as well) - the rats reside in the upper floor.

The lower floor has pens aligned with the top pens where the idea was, that when the female rats on the top floor give birth - the new born rat will pop on the ground floor in a pen.

(Thats how it worked in my other stables just fine but it was a bit annoying as my horses have the lower floor there.)

Server - Deed - Housename

Xanadu - Aincrad - Rat House

Un-tamed two more rats now, took 5 or so minutes for them to start floating as well... one has a 1x2 pen like the one in the screenshot above and the other a 1x3 but its the 3 tiles in a corner.

If any more information is required or someone wants to visit me, I'm on discord as well. ^_^

It is a known bug, ramps/bridges connected to buildings bypass the ability to keep animals out, allowing them to freely walk through locked doors.

I would suggest a new building for you where the ramp is located on the inside of the building, leave a 1x2 opening inside the building and build your ramp there, then the animals will not be able to escape your building.

Was not the bridge bug, GM showed up and we tested it out (never had animal - bridge issues on my old stables which were the same setup but with enchanted grass below as I have horses there).

A planned floor below instead of a simple dirt / enchanted grass / basic ground type caused it.... once the planed wooden plank floor was removed, no more floating. :/

So my temp fix for the rat house is to remove the planned floors below the pens for now. :)

But dang... a ramp in a pseudo donut type building sounds like a cool idea non the less... thanks for the inspiration Jake. ^_^

Edited by Milkdrop

Oh thought they were escaping, I see the floating part now.

8)

I did a warehouse on exodus, 4x11 at each end is a 1x2 opening, one end has a ramp from 1st level to 2nd, other end of the building has a ramp from 2nd floor to 3rd. Animals will roam around the 3 floors of the building but can not escape it as the ramps are all internal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Milkdrop said:

The building is 2 stories high + thatched roof and the pens are in a 4x5 area of the house (there is a small 2x2 area and a ramp leading up to the first floor to lead rats up as well) - the rats reside in the upper floor.

The lower floor has pens aligned with the top pens where the idea was, that when the female rats on the top floor give birth - the new born rat will pop on the ground floor in a pen.

(Thats how it worked in my other stables just fine but it was a bit annoying as my horses have the lower floor there.)

Bug added to the list.  Thanks for the report.

• Like 1

May be related, if a hitched horses loses tamed status it will unhitch itself from a cart.

1 hour ago, Jaz said:

May be related, if a hitched horses loses tamed status it will unhitch itself from a cart.

If you are leading a tamed animal same thing, it will stop leading, think it might be intentional, never gave it much thought though.

On 11/29/2017 at 8:14 PM, Jaz said:

Afaik any tamed animal unhitches itself when it becomes untame. To my knowledge this hasn't been considered a bug.