Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

Bind multiple action to a key.

As the title says, allow us to bind multiple actions to a key, just like the G keyboards and others 'macro' mouse allow some players to.

It's a bit silly to have something possible outside of the game when we can already bind keys within the game... and could by the same logic bind multiple actions to the same key.

Usual mind logic restriction, usual type of keybinds, no repeat, no macroing, just one key for <x amount> of actions and the same need of attendance to the game

for example on a 5 action queue character :

bind <key> ACTIVATE_TOOL1 IMPROVE ACTIVATE_TOOL2 IMPROVE ACTIVATE_TOOL3 IMPROVE ACTIVATE_TOOL4 IMPROVE REPAIR

or

bind <key> IMPROVE REPAIR IMPROVE REPAIR IMPROVE

or the classical improve 'macro' being used by many of the aforementioned keyboards and mouse

• Like 3

+/-1 Originally I opposed, however now I am on the fence.

Edited by Tehangel2

well, fact is : it's already done within the macroing rules outside of the wurm client... why not allow it to everyone who doesn't use one of the fancy keyboards and whatnot... and insure that it respect said rules.

Edited by Odynn

+1 , I kinda suggested this when inquiring about such a feature in CA Help when I started playing this and wondered if you can make such keybinds (For foraging+botanzing, as those go hand in hand.). Appearantly that's macroing despite lacking timers or can allegedly be exploited for timed macros, but I'm still due an actual reasonable explanation for this. (The person in charge for CA Help "refused to discuss macroing techniques")

Well don't think anyone is stopping you from buying a 'fancy keyboard'.

Would rather see the rules change and exclude the use of the fancy keyboard macros.

if that is not the case

+1

44 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Well don't think anyone is stopping you from buying a 'fancy keyboard'.

And there's noone forcing anybody to buy one, either. So people with normal keyboards are completely in their right to suggest this.

• Like 1

Absolutely +1 it is a pain to use those keyboards if you are not a windows user. Either introduce this suggestion or come out to open market with a "Wurm" brand keyboard which I'll happy to buy if has Linux drivers :D

Hey, I am not against this suggestion in any way.

I just think it is silly to justify the reason because you are either unable to program a 'fancy keyboard' or afford one.

3 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

I just think it is silly to justify the reason because you are either unable to program a 'fancy keyboard' or afford one.

I don't understand why it is silly to make a video game more user friendly to those without knowledge of programming or without a "proper" gaming set-up. But then again I don't understand anything.

+1

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

so you dont have 18 bucks for a programmable keyboard? :(

but yes +1 to the idea id love to be able to use 1 command to bind multiple actions to 1 key instead of relying on exec and text files to do the same thing >.>

Add a "macro" tab to the hotkeys menu. As long as the no automation rule is followed its still just filling your queue with fewer presses. Fancy keyboards would add more macro slots/special buttons, but that's hardly anything to write home about as far as advantages.

+1

Edited by Darmalus

How dare you justify anything based on money as a barrier of entry! Be more rich! It's that simple!

Seriously, what?

+1

• Like 1

if we do this then why not also do this: make imping part of the crafting tool. with a improve and repair button and while you have all tools in your inventory it just picks the right one for you .

that way we have the keybinds for imping  and  clickable button.

thin line between chainbinding action and automatic them. the actual system with either the keyboards or the OP ideas is 1 push on a button, 1 action, imping part of the crafting tool would means 1 push of the button, as many imping actions with different tools as allowed by your queue size and that is something most people are against (see the others threads with similar ideas).

Reducing the amount of button pushed is not only for improving.

bind <key> MINE_FORWARD MINE_FORWARD MINE_FORWARD MINE_FORWARD MINE_FORWARD MINE_FORWARD

bind <key> DIG DIG DIG DIG DIG DIG DIG

and so on... actions that would never fit within the crafting window

+1

It's possible by external device? Should be possible from game keybind settings to gave all user equal options.

If it is allowed to use these sort of macro's from an advanced keyboard, that should be a bannable offence.

37 minutes ago, Wulfgar said:

If it is allowed to use these sort of macro's from an advanced keyboard, that should be a bannable offence.

Use of the 'G' keys on a G series keyboard, mouse, or other similar product is permitted to send multiple actions simultaneously (without any default, built-in, or added delay timingsin order to fill your in game ACTION QUEUE provided you do NOT use any sort of repeat function.

Sorry mate, but it's already allowed by the rules.

3 minutes ago, Odynn said:

Sorry mate, but it's already allowed by the rules.

Notice the If that started my sentence.

So they should change the rules to NOT allow it, rather than making it easier for people to play the game without paying attention to it.

1 hour ago, Wulfgar said:

So they should change the rules to NOT allow it, rather than making it easier for people to play the game without paying attention to it.

I always felt the beauty in wurm was the satisfaction of playing a game while being able to do something important. Who wants to pay that much attention to a game that can be compared to downloading software... Click, wait for loading bar. Click on settings for next download, wait for loading bar, repeat. Only difference is that one ends in software being installed, and another ends in farms tilled, dirt dug, or a dead animal on screen. 

One thing I noticed that people are missing is that the Crafting Window also allows pre-queuing (sp?) of multiple same actions within a single button click as well. It's not a far cry to request keybinding for the same purpose to things that don't use the Crafting Window.

I disagree using keybinding for selection of multiple different actions or selection of different tools, but if it's the same action using the same tool I think it should be allowed.