Daedicus

[Bug] Unable to Drink Using Context Menu

10 posts in this topic

Curious if it is intended for the right click drink option to be tied to the pick up function on deeds.

As a player with default unchanged alliance perms on a deed I was unable to drink from a well or fountain using the right click drink option, I got the standard "Illegal Here" message. After adding a role to that same deed for that same character with the "Pick up" permission only I can now drink using right click.

Are you doing the r-click on the water or on the container?

If I right click on a barrel -> Drink in a building I have almost all rights to (I can even destroy walls) I get this. But if I right click -> open, then right click the water -> drink, I can drink it.

I am clicking the item (well or fountain) and getting the error.

You need to open the well/fountain/container and the right click the water inside and choose drink.

Why is that then? When there is a context menu specifically for right clicking the well or fountain and drinking? And the mayor of the deed/any villager can do so?

If you do not have pick up permissions for the village you will have to drink the water the old fashioned way.

Right Jake, I understand this. And in all honesty now that I know that from some testing (once I got virtually the same responses in CA chat) this isn't a big deal. I was forwarded to post it here by Yaga. I did so simply to see if "Pick up" as a permission to drink form a fountain was really intended.

Edited by Daedicus

One last necro bump because I'm bored. Is anyone able to give me official clarification that this is intended or not? I am fully aware of the mechanics and how they work. Just looking to make sure the permission of a deed to use the context menu to drink is intended.

Thanks.

I've no idea whether this is intended for some reason or not.  I've verified the behavior and opened up a bug.  Thanks for the report.