Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

Allow more use of queueing system

1 minute ago, Roccandil said:

With that mind, I'd say an imping window would be physically easier (and thus more accessible) simply due to the fewer keystrokes/mouse actions involved, but not easier in terms of actual gameplay or skilling time.

So yes.

I'm against it.

4 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Hmm. When I'm imping at least as many items as I have queue slots, I tend to not lose time queueing, since I use the first action timer to queue up more actions; it just takes lot of clicking/keystrokes to keep up.

Press the I button next to weight to sort by imp item and press imp keybinding on the group, keep doing that until you've imped all of the first and last tool (whetstone and water for smithing, for example) then shift click a group as big as your queue and improve action on the group for the middle 3. no need to imp each item individually.

5 minutes ago, Hailene said:

So yes.

I'm against it.

Well, you're welcome to your opinion, but wanting to make the game harder to interface with for people who have physical limitations is not something I want to understand.

Just now, Oblivionnreaver said:

Press the I button next to weight to sort by imp item and press imp keybinding on the group, keep doing that until you've imped all of the first and last tool (whetstone and water for smithing, for example) then shift click a group as big as your queue and improve action on the group for the middle 3. no need to imp each item individually.

Thanks for the tip!

This thread is abit long, so i havent read it all, thus may be saying something that have already been said or may be out-of-scope.

My main suggestion for this is related with a queue window, so that it's easier to know what is currently queued. The crafting has somewhat this, as is representing the number of actions queued that are crafting related and added during the crafting.

So the following is what i would suggest:

• Have window where each action queued is represented;
  • Each action in the queue would have the associated icon, eg: foraging action with foraging icon, building cart with crafting cart icon (currently the ?);
  • Allow cancelling of any queued action through this window.

In terms of operations think only cancel over a queued action should be available. Any other actions would allow macroing.

1 hour ago, Hula_Girl said:

queue actions for next 24h, sure.

Er, no, that wasn't the suggestion. :P

So, I did a little mining, and paid attention to my clicking. Of course, I had to click 1 time per ore, about every 3 seconds on average, for a total of 300 ore at 300 clicks during about 15 minutes (my aching wrist!).

Had I been able to queue 4 mining actions per click as per my "Action Window" suggestion, however, I would have gotten that 300 ore for 75 clicks, with a max interval between clicks of about 12 seconds. So much idle time! So UnWurm! :P

Anyone want to venture a -cogent- argument for why we should be clicking so much? (I do know I haven't seen one yet. :P )

By the way, if nothing else, the click-lovers have inspired me: I've previously contemplated a sci-fi universe including an alien race of virtual gamers, who periodically hold elections to vote for the next developer team to code and run their virtual world, and now I have a new minor faction. :)

Say cheese! :P

2 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

So, I did a little mining, and paid attention to my clicking. Of course, I had to click 1 time per ore, about every 3 seconds on average, for a total of 300 ore at 300 clicks during about 15 minutes (my aching wrist!).

Had I been able to queue 4 mining actions per click as per my "Action Window" suggestion, however, I would have gotten that 300 ore for 75 clicks, with a max interval between clicks of about 12 seconds. So much idle time! So UnWurm! :P

Anyone want to venture a -cogent- argument for why we should be clicking so much? (I do know I haven't seen one yet. :P )

By the way, if nothing else, the click-lovers have inspired me: I've previously contemplated a sci-fi universe including an alien race of virtual gamers, who periodically hold elections to vote for the next developer team to code and run their virtual world, and now I have a new minor faction. :)

Say cheese! :P

Here you go:

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Keybinding

On 11/27/2017 at 11:36 AM, JakeRivers said:

based on all your last suggestions

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Roccandil said:

Er, sure, I could make a mining keybind, but that still means 100 keystrokes for 100 ore, unless there's a super-secret way to keybind multiple mining actions to a single keystroke.

Hold down the key until action queue is full, or if you have programmable buttons on your keyboard/mouse you can bind press x 10 times to one of them, as long as theres no delay on it.

After reading, and re-reading OP a few times, I find it difficult not to reply without sarcasm. I also read your first post. Miraculously, I can have my priest pray 3 times while I imp/build/mine/travel.

If I could queue 10 actions, i'd run out of stamina on most after 4 with skiller tools. With speed tools my skill gain would equal maybe 1-2 actions anyway. If we remove stamina to make your idea work, we break all parts of the game from swimming to climbing(those massive dirt walls around deeds on epic come to mind).

Maybe mouse batteries are costly so you don't want to click. I have a logitech that only needs a single AA battery every 3-6 months, was extremely cheap too.

Or perhaps you want to do other things;) while "playing"(Google Idle games or 4x games)

2 hours ago, Foblu said:

After reading, and re-reading OP a few times, I find it difficult not to reply without sarcasm. I also read your first post. Miraculously, I can have my priest pray 3 times while I imp/build/mine/travel.

If I could queue 10 actions, i'd run out of stamina on most after 4 with skiller tools. With speed tools my skill gain would equal maybe 1-2 actions anyway. If we remove stamina to make your idea work, we break all parts of the game from swimming to climbing(those massive dirt walls around deeds on epic come to mind).

Maybe mouse batteries are costly so you don't want to click. I have a logitech that only needs a single AA battery every 3-6 months, was extremely cheap too.

Or perhaps you want to do other things;) while "playing"(Google Idle games or 4x games)

Er, you really equate not wanting to click 100 times to do 100 mining actions with "idle games"? I find it difficult not to reply with sarcasm! :P

Note that I'm on Epic, so actions are much faster there.

7 hours ago, Roccandil said:

Er, you really equate not wanting to click 100 times to do 100 mining actions with "idle games"? I find it difficult not to reply with sarcasm! :P

Note that I'm on Epic, so actions are much faster there.

Can we stop the trolling and lock this thread already?  Kthxbai.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2017 at 8:40 PM, Roccandil said:

Er, sure, I could make a mining keybind, but that still means 100 keystrokes for 100 ore, unless there's a super-secret way to keybind multiple mining actions to a single keystroke.

No. Push the key down once and keep it there until your event says "You are too busy".

Only one "keystroke".

22 hours ago, As_I_Decay said:

No. Push the key down once and keep it there until your event says "You are too busy".

Only one "keystroke".

On 12/14/2017 at 1:25 AM, Oblivionnreaver said:

Hold down the key until action queue is full, or if you have programmable buttons on your keyboard/mouse you can bind press x 10 times to one of them, as long as theres no delay on it.

I might try that. Thanks for the suggestions. :)

On 12/14/2017 at 1:25 AM, Oblivionnreaver said:

More to the rules than just delay, found that out recently lol. So be careful what you program. The rules seem vague, as least for my reading comprehension skills.

37 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

More to the rules than just delay, found that out recently lol. So be careful what you program. The rules seem vague, as least for my reading comprehension skills.

Yeah, I haven't tried it. I'd much rather see it officially supported.