Sign in to follow this  
Frivolous

Silkworm!!!

Add silkworms to game to harvest silk from! Either make silkworms a harvestable option on tiles "search for silkworm" or even "forage/botanize" and make them rare to find, or make them a rare spawn that is large enough to lead and create silk worm farms ( spiders are large, why not silkworms? )

Let me know what you guys think?

Spoiler

Edited by Frivolous
  • Like 1

It has been suggested before and like always +1.  Silk dresses, ribbons, flags, slips for under the armor etc. 

For the love of Nathan, add a trigger warning. I hate insects... but silk dresses are nice. +1

Seriously though put that in a spoiler plz...

Its a cool idea but bugs gross me out LOL. The bees are cute but I'm not sure how a silk worm would play animated.

+1

I'm very much for silk in the game as rare material. In fact I'd like a few more rare materials even. Reason being is that (while we have drake hide and dragon scale armour, both of them count as heavy armour) we lack high-end chain, plain leather and cloth armour (which should count as medium armour if chain and light armour if cloth or plain leather). Give us light armour wearing guys something nice to wear too please. :)

And of course the more exclusive light and medium-armour types should be made with somewhat rare materials. Silk seems a good fit, as would be items dropped by somewhat rare creatures (perhaps by fog spiders?).

• Like 1

I would like to have silk but would prefer to not have anymore large bugs. However, domesticating large spiders to make silk could also be a thing. 

+1 for more tameable animals! Let's have silkworms spawning from lairs so we can get champion silk worms as well :D Maybe apply phobia mode to them for people who don't want more bugs. Also +1 for finally being able to lead spiders.

non itchy underwear not made out of rough wemp? where do i sign?! +1 !!!

• Like 1