Sign in to follow this  
Zenity

A Lack of honour and respect

Not to be an ass, and I know people will look down upon this, but I don't believe the statue thieves did anything immoral. This is a pvp server, on a sandbox game, where there is no rule against theft, no rule against stealing enemy monuments, explicit, or implied. When players set up this memorial, they knew that it could be stolen at any point in the future. To think otherwise is either ignorant of the nature of the game mechanics, or wishful for changing epic into a heritage site amusement park. 

I feel for his friends, and family, and the loss in their lives from not having him around any more, but this sort of witch-hunt and shaming is disrespectful to his memory. Yes, I'm saying it: Shame on YOU, Zenity, for immediately assuming the worst, crying foul, and trying to make people feel horrible, without knowing the whole story. The real lack of respect here was making such outraged accusations without knowing the whole story, thank god our actual courts are more reasonable.

Edited by Arronicus
  • Like 1

@Zenity 

Your friend must have been a great guy.  Have you considered moving the memorial underground to a reinforced safe mine on deed or behind deed walls, instead of it being out in the open?  Maybe no one currently has plans to go bash/catapult your new fences around it, but what's to stop the new people in the future from doing it?

Edited by Galatyn

On 12/5/2017 at 3:09 AM, Galatyn said:

@Zenity 

Your friend must have been a great guy.  Have you considered moving the memorial underground to a reinforced safe mine on deed or behind deed walls, instead of it being out in the open?  Maybe no one currently has plans to go bash/catapult your new fences around it, but what's to stop the new people in the future from doing it?

Memorials are intended to be seen. If you hide them, then whats the point?

• Like 1

On 12/5/2017 at 7:09 PM, Galatyn said:

@Zenity 

I guess what needs to stop people in the future from disgracing memorials, should be their honor and respect, which was the whole point of this thread.  Just because people CAN bash fences and take memorial items, does not mean the community at large will condone such behaviour.  Obviously the people CAN steal the stuff, but should they? If they do this, won't they be viewed with the same confusion and unease as nose hair extensions?

nostril-hair-extension.jpg