Sign in to follow this  
Anacardo

Nooby noob waants a home

Hi everyone, i'm hanging around the tutorial area getting the feel of the game and am thinking of an island on Freedom, anyone around with the patience to help me?

I'm thinking Xanadu since it's the biggest island there's bound to be more people online.

Rn i have a problem (i think it's a problem) i can't attack dummies nor pigs on the tutorial area, i simply don't get the option, also can't see to get around doing whatever with the dead pig... :/

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks,

Anacardo

I'm moving and would be willing to give you my old deed and current buildings. Shoot me a PM in-game if you're interested!

You won't be able to interact with objects in the tutorial area it's forbidden in order to protect things from being broken, but after you use the portal to travel to a game server you will be able to find free land where you can do whatever you want.

There are villages setup to help new people on different servers. You may want to check the recruitment sections on the forums such as this one for Xanadu https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/177-recruitment-x/

Welcome to Wurm !

Send me a message in game if you need someone to teach you. The game tutorial is a known pain and doesnt seem to work as it should.

Once inside the actual game you will learn things are much different. Feel free to send me a pm in game or here in the forums. I am willing and able.to mentor :)

Hello Anacardo and welcome to Wurm Online!  I hope whereever you settle you find a great village and have fun with the community around you and adventure.

Some thoughts on servers:

Being the physically largest doesn't necessarily mean the most active for a specific given area.  Xanadu as a server that's huge compared to the others in land mass means those characters on it are alot more spread out.  You might want to be sure about finding an active village before chosing where to spawn there.  Older servers (Xanadu is the newest of the PvE servers) also have more established and settled communities where the characters might be clustered more together.  Just something to consider.  Xanadu is the only Freedom Isles server with more than one starting village spawn location to choose from.

Independance, for example,is the oldest (and original) Freedom Isles server and is larger than any of the other PvE servers but Xanadu.  The PvP server Chaos is equal in server grid size as Independance.

The main trouble with waiting on Golden Valley server (that's the tutorial server you're on) is that it's mostly uninhabited except for those in the tutorial area and a very very tiny number of veteran players outside of it, so not alot of players to chat with and get recommendations or ideas from.  There's the GL-Freedom global chat channel, but though you can read it you won't be able to actually talk on it while you're on the tutorial server.

You've chosen a great strategy of posting here in the Recruitment forum, and I hope that you find just the sort of village to join that you're looking for.  Once in your chosen server, don't forget to make use of the Wurmpedia wiki as a great resource of knowledge about the game.

The Capital is always looking for new folks to help learn the game and we have a very well established deed with plenty of things to do. Your welcome to join us and call the Capital a home. PM Arthurhawkwing or message me on the forum.

Pinewood Redoubt takes in recruits. Message me here or in game. Contact Taog ingame. I am on Xanadu by the way