Sign in to follow this  
Middi

Changes to Character Affinities

I'm totaly against enforcing any rules in a sandbox game that game mechanics can't cover. Exploits that are know for years are fixed with programming not GMs banning people over them. I find it very offensive and maybe the only thing i don't like in this game that GMs bans people for doing what game lets them by it's mechanics for years, it's ridicoulous. I don't mean any disrespect to dev and gm team but playing a game where you relly on something to be forbiden or not by rules written on forum instead of having mechanics that prevent me to do things that are forbiden is the worst thing. I know it's not all black and white and some things are hard to properly implement without harming the ones who "play right" but some things can be improved with programming instead of making rules as it takes much immersion from this game from me and it feels unnatural... My 2 cents if someone cares 

• Like 1

While I agree with this as abuse and exploitative.  Why not remove chaos from freedom and prob solved for any future issues? :)

• Like 2

Affinities should only pop on paid prem accounts (either the store or 10s) and not the 2s trials.

Affinity farmers although annoying to see the tabs on chaos are not a big deal.

Getting affinities through true pvp is quite nice and is one of the few rewards for actually doing pvp. When you are out there you risk loosing your affinity as well as have the prospect of gaining new ones. The system for picking who gets the affinity in a group though seems buggy as hell and some have far more luck than others consistently.

They just need to lift the tolerance policy, it is already forbidden in the rules, technicly and even more so spiritly.
Edited by Chlodovech
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, kochinac said:

I'm totaly against enforcing any rules in a sandbox game that game mechanics can't cover. Exploits that are know for years are fixed with programming not GMs banning people over them. I find it very offensive and maybe the only thing i don't like in this game that GMs bans people for doing what game lets them by it's mechanics for years, it's ridicoulous. I don't mean any disrespect to dev and gm team but playing a game where you relly on something to be forbiden or not by rules written on forum instead of having mechanics that prevent me to do things that are forbiden is the worst thing. I know it's not all black and white and some things are hard to properly implement without harming the ones who "play right" but some things can be improved with programming instead of making rules as it takes much immersion from this game from me and it feels unnatural... My 2 cents if someone cares 

So we should be able to farm champ points, because it's in the mechanics, gms ban us.... No. 

You undermine the system, you log in around spy prevention then metagame to get a perm skill boost. 

Sorry - 1 your view, your view doesn't support the welfare of pvp or how it was suppose to be, just the greed side and excuse of the word sandbox. 

Can i go dig up your roads no, cause gms enforce that, mate freedom is the most gm enforced server cluster. So pls don't use excuses here of how rules are bad when rules protect your "sandbox"  on freedom lol. 

A mechanical fix would be better, but you have to ensure you're not hurting legit pvp. Maybe make it so only accounts with rank lose affinities, who knows. 

Edited by Mclavin

4 hours ago, Chlodovech said:
They just need to lift the tolerance policy, it is already forbidden in the rules, technicly and even more so spiritly.

this is one of the examples where you can get a benefit by throwing money to the game.

i think its kinda lame, i mean i would understand it if you kill your own actual alts if their affinities suck, or just because those alts are freedom based. other then that i think its sad, should just shame the people that do this stuff. all their achievements in the game get tainted by them (ab)using the mechanics like this.

on the other hand they do support the game at 2S per affinity.

but gimping it in a way that people that truely pvp get affected.. -1

3 hours ago, Mclavin said:

So we should be able to farm champ points, because it's in the mechanics, gms ban us.... No. 

You undermine the system, you log in around spy prevention then metagame to get a perm skill boost. 

Sorry - 1 your view, your view doesn't support the welfare of pvp or how it was suppose to be, just the greed side and excuse of the word sandbox. 

Can i go dig up your roads no, cause gms enforce that, mate freedom is the most gm enforced server cluster. So pls don't use excuses here of how rules are bad when rules protect your "sandbox"  on freedom lol. 

A mechanical fix would be better, but you have to ensure you're not hurting legit pvp. Maybe make it so only accounts with rank lose affinities, who knows. 

Really, how about banning account sales because it hurts the pvp for players who don't want to throw hundreds of euros just to have chance(and please don't trow me the bulshit about how player expirience is more important for pvp than good account and gear), what many pvpers are doing is pure pay to win but mechanics are allowing it and in my opinion trowing 2k euros for account instead of grinding it for years is worse than farming affinities. I know it's of the topic just pointing out double standards. I don't care if something is implemented to prevent farming affinities or not i agree it was not itended to be able to do that in such manner but surely that's not the worst metagaminging in Wurm and would rather see it fixed in code instead of writing another rule on forum.

I feel like this should already be covered by this rule:

* Obvious abuse of any exploit, bug or other method of gaining skill/items that is not as intended.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 2

There is the pvp 

56 minutes ago, Xallo said:

I feel like this should already be covered by this rule:

Don't you farm alts for affinities?

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

There is the pvp 

Don't you farm alts for affinities?

No, I never have, and never will. I think it's a stupid mechanic, and as I said earlier, it should be punishable.

I gained the 120+ I have from PvP, and PvP only (other than the Religion one I started with).

Edited by Xallo

How do you guys feel about buying affinities from other players?

From my point of view I'm not exploiting any rules.

Even alt farming is not forbidden, since you can share an account with a friend and kill him while they're on the alt. Account sharing is allowed and killing other people is allowed, even if they agree to it beforehand. 

You are acting like this is already banned, while asking for it to be banned. Of course I would stop buying affinities if it was proven to be forbidden, but right now it's not and all this thread is doing is alienating people that do something you don't believe in.

It shouldn't affect you at all how many affinities some person on freedom has.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kurson said:

How do you guys feel about buying affinities from other players?

From my point of view I'm not exploiting any rules.

Even alt farming is not forbidden, since you can share an account with a friend and kill him while they're on the alt. Account sharing is allowed and killing other people is allowed, even if they agree to it beforehand. 

You are acting like this is already banned, while asking for it to be banned. Of course I would stop buying affinities if it was proven to be forbidden, but right now it's not and all this thread is doing is alienating people that do something you don't believe in.

It shouldn't affect you at all how many affinities some person on freedom has.

For a moment, I was thinking you were suggesting actually making it possible to transfer affinities via the trade window. :) I kinda like that, to be honest, although no doubt it would be abused.