header.png

“They always tell you that the trees in these old forests can talk, but what I want to know is how to get the damn things to shutup!” - Sir Harold deep in the whispering woods

Hi Everyone 

Another week down, and I hope all our American Wurmians have had a nice Thanksgiving yesterday, with plenty to be thankful for hopefully! 
With that out of the way, Christmas is almost upon us, with carols, trees, and tinsel about to fill every single shop window, and all the last minute shopping to do (I've totally done mine... maybe).

Mission stuff

Finding traitors can be tough work, so one of the changes to the mission system is the addition of being able to find traitors via lurker in the dark pendulums. That's not all though, given the relative size of Xanadu and independence vs the smaller servers, the range of the pendulums will scale according to what server you're on. 

An 80 cast on Deliverance will give a power / 2 radius (so 40 tiles each way with the player in the center), but an 80 cast on Independence will give you 80 tile radius , and on Xanadu will give a whopping 160 tile radius. This is designed to make hunting traitors much easier, but also applies to lurker in the woods casts for finding champion creatures too, with these casts also naming the creature it locates as opposed to referring to a mysterious "presence".

Extended Freedom missions
To help with completion, Freedom missions were extended to last for 7 days before expiring (I missed the patch note for that, my bad!). However, if the mission is not past the 33% mark after three and a half days, it will expire after 12 hours from then, meaning missions don't stay unfinished and drag on. 

A new addition
We had a brilliant idea, one that we were amazed that no one thought of ever! We were so blown away by the genius of this idea that we rushed to make it and get it into the game, all the while patting ourselves on the back for thinking of it completely alone without suggestions, check it out below!

Spoiler

saddlebags.jpg

Just kidding! A long desired feature is finally coming to a horse near you, and they look amazing! 
I know suggestions sometimes take a while to go from the board into the game, but on behalf of the dev team, I'd like to thank each and every one of you who puts in the time to suggest what you'd like to see in the game, or comment on other suggestions. Many good things have come from there, the feedback on each one is hugely influential in shaping the end result, so keep up the good work! 

Community Content

This weeks video is a player made trailer for the Wurm Unlimited server World of Wonders, which is a really unique approach to a Wurm Unlimited server. It's a really cool trailer and certainly shows off some novel ideas!, what WU server do you like playing on? What makes it unique for you?

That's it for this week, we'll be releasing an update with some more changes and fixes too, expected next week, so keep an eye out for that.

Until then though, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 23

I'd like to thank each and every one of you who puts in the time to suggest what you'd like to see in the game,

woohoo saddle-bags :)

• Like 2

Omg you finally listened to the most popular suggestion of all time tbh :o - hope its in the game soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pingpong said:

yaaaa saddle bags! now...about mammoths...

I like that one!  Give us a use for that huge saddle other than dragons.

Yay saddle bags and where do I sign up for one of them man-skirts from world o' wonders.. I can totally see my main in one of those.. then I guess we'd need purses too.... ;( 

• Like 1

Retro, saddle bags are a great idea in theory, but will the weight of the contents of the saddlebag slow the speed of the horse when you're riding it?  (I'm thinking of horses carrying additional weight, such as a horse that's been shot with arrows from PvP permanently moves slower until death).

The point I think of the player suggestion was to have a *little bit* more storage space while riding a horse without any compromise whatsoever to the horse's speed.

• Like 3

lol

fix some bugs instead

that wu server does look fun though, should think about that word for a bit, FUN

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

what WU server do you like playing on? What makes it unique for you?

I like Ausimus' Calysto server. The topography of the map feels very much like JKh, pre-Freedom era. Skills are super easy to obtain, which is great for me because I'm not really interested in doing any WO type of lengthy grinding (again). There are a billion QoL changes on that server that basically takes all of the frustrating and/or time consuming things about Wurm away.

It's not exactly a unique WU server, as most have the same server side mods installed, but it stands out to me and is my favorite.

• Like 3

So will lurker in the dark be 80 tiles on chaos? Could be good.. 

2 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Retro, saddle bags are a great idea in theory, but will the weight of the contents of the saddlebag slow the speed of the horse when you're riding it?  (I'm thinking of horses carrying additional weight, such as a horse that's been shot with arrows from PvP permanently moves slower until death).

The point I think of the player suggestion was to have a *little bit* more storage space while riding a horse without any compromise whatsoever to the horse's speed.

That was not the point at all -- the point was to allow for more mobility without having to continuously embark / disembark a cart or a wagon. To be able to carry a little excess weight as you are walking around, leading a horse. (Which have notoriously been used IRL as pack horses and pack mules for this exact reason.) It makes little sense to be walking at a crawling speed, while leading a perfectly unencumbered pack animal. :)

Any extra weight on the horse you are riding should of course contribute to it's speed.

And HOORAYY!!!! Thank you for the long awaited addition!!

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

lol

fix some bugs instead

that wu server does look fun though, should think about that word for a bit, FUN

I'm having a lot of fun, devs doing a great job. 

• Like 1

Just wow, Saddlebags, I've been praying too hard!  |There is a Wurm God!  Yes Virginia , there is a Santa Clause.  Thanks cannot cover the sentiment yet it's all i'm left with.

• Like 1

Wow saddle bags!
You are very smart and creative, we would never have thought about it! :D

• Like 2

YAS!!!  Finally with the saddle bags!  I've been wishing and annoying forever for those! So excited!!!  Oooo...new clothes soon?  Sleeping bags?  I have so many more ideas!!

7 hours ago, Retrograde said:

what WU server do you like playing on? What makes it unique for you?

elevation, its unique for me because its the only WU server i've ever spent more than 2 minutes on

• Like 2

"We had a brilliant idea, one that we were amazed that no one thought of ever!"

I'm pretty sure my friends had posted in the forums about this years ago...

31 minutes ago, Dirt said:

I'm pretty sure my friends had posted in the forums about this years ago...

Sarcasm doesn't read well over text.

• Like 3

Yay for saddle bags! I just hope with all the cool new changes recently, the devs are still finding time to work on animal crates :)

Will saddle bags make the horse slower and slower as it gets fuller and fuller?

weighty restrictions will still apply, so filling them with lead lumps won't be the smartest idea ever 

• Like 1