Sign in to follow this  
Darmalus

Better Rare Chance for 2 Part Items

Currently is you are creating a item from 2 parts (ex blade + handle) the rarity of any part is ignored. If the item has 3 or more parts, it's chance of passing on the rarity of any part is 1/# of parts.

Make the chance for rarity being passed on for 2 part items 1/3. It feels wrong that when I get a rare blade, it's only value is as sac fodder.

Edited by Darmalus
  • Like 5

Sorry, but I think the system is fine the way it is.  The result of this change would be doubled rare production (one from creation spam of 1,000 shovels and a second from that one rare shovel blade you got when you made 1,000 shovel blades).

23 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Sorry, but I think the system is fine the way it is.  The result of this change would be doubled rare production (one from creation spam of 1,000 shovels and a second from that one rare shovel blade you got when you made 1,000 shovel blades).

He's proposing a 33% chance, not 100%...which means if your scenario held true, you'd statistically have to make 3000 shovels blades, to get 3 rare blades, and one of them actually becomes a rare shovel when completed.

Edited by Flubb

so those rare spammers that spam out endless rares would even spam out more because they would be using all those rare weapon/tool heads they must be spamming out as well

would be nice though to have some type of chance, back when I didn't know any better i used to save up rare iron lumps till I had enough for a small anvil, never worked though

Shrimpiie would be a very rich man from all the rare+supreme tool heads i've sent him.

You can pick up supreme shafts/handles for like 50-60 copper each, if they had a 1/3 chance to make a glimmer weapon or whatever that'd just be stupid. How long until people ask for the scrap rare into rare bone mod from WU?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

You can pick up supreme shafts/handles for like 50-60 copper each, if they had a 1/3 chance to make a glimmer weapon or whatever that'd just be stupid. How long until people ask for the scrap rare into rare bone mod from WU?

I'm suuuure the price of those would remain just the same with this change. And what's with the slippery slope argument again?

Edited by Flubb

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

i'm sorry but 0% chance on 2 part items versus 33% chance on 3 part items versus 1% chance for 100 parts is not fine system. I have no love for rare spammers but the current system of transfering rarity is pretty stupid expecilay part with 0% chance

9 minutes ago, Flubb said:

I'm suuuure the price of those would remain just the same with this change. And what's with the slippery slope argument again?

Supreme shafts are insanely easy to spam while making sellable product at the same time so yeah they wouldn't change in price at all, it'd just give everyone a reason to make shafts. Even if it was 10 silver each it'd still be cheaper  to buy 3 shafts than buying a supreme bone atm. It's not really a slippery slope if you're already at it, it's just the end line.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

+1

If the 0% chance is a balancing thing, then something else is wrong. Maybe an ordinary rare shaft shouldn't be easily able to make a moonmetal weapon rare, but in that case, it should be very easy for a rare moonmetal head to make a rare weapon.

Also, if both parts are rare, I'd just guarantee rarity.

41 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Supreme shafts are insanely easy to spam

[citation needed]

49 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

It's not really a slippery slope if you're already at it, it's just the end line.

The "slippery slope" was pointed at the lament that people will demand some obscure mod from WU to be imported. Nobody wants anything beyond what's proposed in the OP.

Just now, Flubb said:

[citation needed]

You're talking to someone that offers rare/supreme creation, so i'm not sure what citation is needed, would you like a peer-reviewed journal on the subject?

2 minutes ago, Flubb said:

The "slippery slope" was pointed at the lament that people will demand some obscure mod from WU to be imported

1/3 chance from shafts/handles/iron lumps is almost the same as that mod, was the joke i was making. I've thrown a good hundred rare shafts that i've made into carts and given them away, they're not rare at all if you make bulk, despite the name.

Perhaps we should just do away with rarity upon creation altogether.

• Like 1

If supreme handles and whatnot are an issue due to concerns of rare moonmetal stuff, then have it require the moonmetal blade be rare to get the 1/3 chance.

On 24.11.2017 at 5:29 PM, Oblivionnreaver said:

You're talking to someone that offers rare/supreme creation, so i'm not sure what citation is needed, would you like a peer-reviewed journal on the subject?

With a claim as dubious as that one, you might aswell do that. It's not like I haven't made my share of bulk myself, and sure, there's the odd RARE shaft in a few hundred, but "spamming supremes"? There's a fair bit of hyperbole in there, to put it mildly.

On 24.11.2017 at 7:54 PM, Darmalus said:

If supreme handles and whatnot are an issue due to concerns of rare moonmetal stuff, then have it require the moonmetal blade be rare to get the 1/3 chance.

I think that would kind of defeat the purpose of the whole idea. They could have a lower chance, rather than being exempt altogether. If we're going to make exceptions due to moonmetal items anyway, why not disallowing this for recipes involving moonmetal? Even ontop of lower chances on shafts and handles for all I care.

However we deal with those, it beats having rare weapon heads that are just good for a refresh and represent yet another wasted MOI this game can throw at you, and we all know how beloved those are.

• Like 1