Sign in to follow this  
Amadee

[Fixed] Non-paved tiles recover their archaeology flag, but paved tiles do not.

The original thread is locked so I couldn't post there, because it says the issue has been fixed and references the patch notes.  I'm looking at the patch notes and do not see where it addresses this issue or that it's been fixed. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the patch notes, first item (below)?  The issue is that paved tiles don't recover.  It says nothing about paved vs non-paved tiles. I read that as referring to timers and applying to all tile types.

Also, maybe it's too soon (7days?), but I'm still seeing all the paved areas still say picked clean while surrounding, and even adjoining, non-paved tiles have recovered.

Etherdrifter

• Villager
  •  
  • Etherdrifter
  • Members
  • 1646 posts

Not sure if this a bug or intended.  Non-paved tiles recover their archaeology flag, but paved tiles do not.  So you end up with large paved areas not yielding anything.

Alectrys

• Elder
  •  
  • Alectrys
  • Chat Moderator
  • team_WurmTag-CM.png
  • 6509 posts

[08:32] <@Budda> Alectrys i fixed things :D

Archaeology Fixes

• Changed inhabited and abandoned deed time frames On investigations into ingame times.
  • Tool enchants will now work correctly with investigate and identify.
  • Corrected weights of large and small amphorae when completed from fragments.
  • All fragments will now form a pile.
  • Damaged fragments can no longer be repaired .
  • Decay rate of fragments has been reduced.
  • Removed double Identify option in inventory.

The bug was recorded as fixed with this patch but missed having the note added.  I'll reopen this particular one as not fixed.

When did you investigate the paved tile last?

When did you investigate the cultivated dirt tile last?

I'll run a test on live as well as soon as the holiday is over here today.

55 minutes ago, Alectrys said:

The bug was recorded as fixed with this patch but missed having the note added.  I'll reopen this particular one as not fixed.

When did you investigate the paved tile last?

When did you investigate the cultivated dirt tile last?

I'll run a test on live as well as soon as the holiday is over here today.

day before yesterday paved and cultivated

Yeah, couple days ago for me too.  Noticed it on packed tiles as well.  Seems to be wherever you can't forage or botanize.

Enchanted grass doesn't ever recover. I have seen paved tiles recover -- but extremely rarely. Few and far between. Rare enough to say that they don't.

Went back to place i was at more than 7 reals days ago, all cobble  [19:08:40] The area looks picked clean.

My skill is 70 now so average less hits but i get on other than paved tiles in that area.

Resurrecting this thread, in hopes Alectrys finds it more useful than starting another thread on the same topic.

I can go weeks between investigating sessions - i only do Archaeology when there is a Valrei mission active on my server (Independence).   My paved tiles on my deed do reset, but it's very rarely.  One tile out of 20 might be reset each session (where sessions are spaced weeks apart).

My general observation is the overall timer for tiles for archaeology needs a tuning, so that they resemble the timers that foraging and botanizing get.  My empirical observation is that they are much, much worse than foraging and botanizing.

Edit to clarify: the reason Im posting is that I have to find a new area to investigate each session.  Even spaced weeks apart, I can barely get any good tiles across my deed (and it's a big deed).  So each time I do it, I have to work to find a new area, which is kind of silly.

Edited by Finndar

2 hours ago, Finndar said:

i only do Archaeology when there is a Valrei mission active on my server (Independence).   My paved tiles on my deed do reset, but it's very rarely. 

You do know that to find the val items requires digging/investigating in the wilderness 'off deed' right?

• Like 1

I didn't know that.  I'm not sure I noticed that when it was published. Thank you.   My comments above still stand, but I appreciate that clue :)

Edited by Finndar