Sign in to follow this  
Fizziepop

Affinity Timers Not Working

I am a chef by necessity. I don't like cooking. With that understood, I do take the time and effort to make affinity pizzas for myself and my villagers. Thus, when I put 30 specific ingredients into a baking pan to create a pizza with a decent timer, it is painful when the timer turns out to be 2 hours, instead of the 10-12 I am used to.

Please help!

I finally chained myself in front of the oven today to make 2 pizzas to replace my old pizzas with the lesser ingredients and the lower timers (only 3 hours!). An hour or two later, I surface, happy that the chore I had been dreading for a week is finally complete. The meals are cooked. Then I took a bite and my heart sank.

So I waited all day (it's been more than 10 hours later), and made sure there was no affinity timer up there again, and took another bite of todays pizza, to no avail. It gives me 2 hours and 35 minutes.:(

Do you have the list of ingredients you used? does it happen every time you make one? 

I'm still getting 7 hours which is usual for me 

It is a mix of quality and complexity of the ingredients, have you tried adding sausages? they add a lot to the timer. However if you are using 30 ingredients then you should be getting a longer timer, unless u use a lot of meat because only the first meat counts for complexity. And make sure it's 30 different ingredients not like 20x chopped lovage, it won't add much.

Edited by Kurson

I actually do, for one of them. (mine). The other ingredient list for the other pizza (which also gave a lowww timer for the character) was replaced when I made this one.

Kurson: I do this all the time, and they normally give me 10+ hours.

canine sausage, feta cheese, basil, belladonna, corn, carrot, cucumber, lettuce, lovage, mint, nettles, oregano, parsley, pea, pea pod, potato, rosemary, sage sassafras, thyme, tomato, barley dough, fried beef, ground cumin, minced game, passata, pinenut, raw bacon, roach.

all veg and herbs were chopped, of course( or it wouldn't have worked to create a pizza, afaik.)

Have you tried it with any other character? And what's the ql? Ingredients list sounds good for a long timer

Let me clarify. This morning I logged in and made a small cherrywood barrel, and filled it a little more than half full of passata for the pizzas I had to make today.

I then made 2 pizzas, just like I always do. One for me, and one for my husband. I made his first. 74ql. I made mine second. 69ql. I used wurm.azurewebsites.net for the recipes. This is why I still have the recipe I used for the second pizza listed in my browser. I haven't closed it all day. I tasted the pizza. It was the correct affinity. I ate some pizza. I was expecting 10+ hours. I only checked the timer as a formality after eating some, and guessed I should have at least 12 hours worth. I was wrong, it only showed 3.5 hours.

I then had my husband test his. Again, correct affinity, but the timer was nowhere near what it should have been. He got an hour.

I tested pizzas made previously, the timers still worked as expected -- I got a full 12 hours from one bite of one (older) pizza.

I left it alone all day. I came back more than 10 hours later, and checked my affinities. I had none, so I tried todays pizza again. It gave me 2 hours 35 minutes with first bite.

can you recreate the meal with the exact ingredients and let us know? 

I can do that, but not tonight. Besides the fact that I'm now falling asleep at my keyboard, I ate enough of the meal to give me another 5+ hours left of the timer... So, that will be gone tomorrow morning, and I can test it properly. I took a photo of the ingredients list so I will have it tomorrow. I may as well share the img here, because I can.

h77a31F.png

@Fizziepop: Hello,

One of my allies just made some food and as usual it gives him 11h timers. Few things worth checking:

Did you by accident try the old, less complex food?

Old affinity timer has expired for sure? I know you say it did, maybe try to put together a pizza for affinity you don't have yet, might be that the affi icon didn't display for some reason (unlikely but might be worth trying).

Were the ingredients very low quality? I did that once, didn't pay attention and made my self a pizza using the wrong FSB, difference between 30ql and 90-100ql ingredients is massive.

Did you prepare or bake it on wrong toon? one without the skill? I know you are saying that the quality came out at around 70-ish but I don't know how it works if low skill toon packs the dish and high skill toon lights the oven, could be something like that.

I will do a few test meals later this evening and reply with results but those things above come to mind as quick checks.

@LocathHi.

I didn't accidentally add only half of the ingredients, I always check every ingredient thoroughly before I put it in the oven. If I don't do this, I always forget something. If I had missed an ingredient, the affinity I received would have been different. If I had prepared the food with the wrong toon, the affinity would have been wrong. Old timer had expired for sure: hence my previous post:

11 hours ago, Fizziepop said:

I left it alone all day. I came back more than 10 hours later, and checked my affinities. I had none, so I tried todays pizza again. It gave me 2 hours 35 minutes with first bite.

I will correct myself here though: by 'none', I mean no cooking affinity. I do have a farming affinity for 3 more days, I keep that on all the time so don't think about it.

There is no wrong FSB for me to pull from. I've consolidated all pre-chopped ingredients into an FSB. Pre-chopped has never bothered anything before, I've used prechopped before without issue. There are only two other bins. HQ and LQ, for meat sorting and basic ingredient storage. Meal ql is roughly the same as all of the others.

@RetrogradeI made the meal again. It gives me 2hours and 52 minutes this time. It's another 69ql meal. I will try generating a new meal with same affinity and see if that works. Considering yesterdays other pizza (the one for my husband) was also a short timer for him, I hold little hope, but let's see.

I will also try the same meal, without anything pre-chopped.

@RetrogradeI  cooked the same recipe, this time manually chopping each veggie and grinding the spice. It gives me 11 hours and 47 minutes.

But, As I said, I have cooked with pre-chopped veg before, so why does it not work for me now?

And - is it supposed to?

@Retrogradethere is one thing I didn't add. I recently got a new FSB. Instead of storing my chopped herbs in one bin and my chopped veg in another, I consolidated all pizza ingredients into the one FSB. ie: I moved them all out of their original bins.

if that helps...

Fizziepop, when you made your pizza, did you drag the ingredients from the FSB directly into the baking stone inside the oven or did the items go into your inventory first?