Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

Revamp tutorial server to be mission-based

I posted this suggestion in another (good) thread, but thought it deserved to be highlighted with its own. :) My memory of Golden Valley is a of a place I couldn't interact with, where it seemed I was supposed to go around and read signs. That sucks! :P

On the other hand, the scenario missions, especially the ones involving building various items, have for me acted as a kind of tutorial, getting me to poke my nose in places I otherwise wouldn't have. What if Golden Valley were a mission-based tutorial system, where players could do missions like the following (for a little extra sleep bonus and karma):

- Forage a tile;

- Cut down a tree;

- Light a campfire;

- Saw a plank;

And so on. Newbies could do as many or as few as they wanted (and jump right into Wurm), but I think that sort of thing has the potential to teach a lot more than the random sign postings there now.

• Like 3

Not sure why you would have missions in the tutorial, they just pretty much removed them from the game.

+1. feels like many who land in wurm didnt even read those signs. and went straight for the exist. too many think up in terms of other games where tutorials are useless...but in wurm its very important to know what you are doing. so anything that helps them realise this early on is good

They would also get small (but useful as a new player) rewards for completing the missions to encourage them to actually go through them.