Sign in to follow this  
ReyChan

New player what server to start?

So as the title says I just downloaded the game and i'm wondering what server to start on. I want mostly hermit style play so I need a server that has less crowd and some good starting points but with with few active players to save me from my noob moments.

• Like 1

Welcome to Wurm!

Saw you on Celebration.  Sorry about your first-death-experience but we all have it.  You're now initiated in the ways of Wurm.

There are multiple settlements on our server that would take you in, Sugarodenta runs an academy to help new players and is not far from the beginning town you spawned at.  Your more then welcome to PM me here or ingame.  I'll help you any way I can, free tools and armor/shields.  Ask around in Freedom Chat, Celebration has quite an awesome community.

Edited by Nomadikhan

I'd recommend starting on Elevation.  You're welcome to stay at my deed until you get a handle on things, then decide if it's a permanent fit for you.

A few disclaimers.

Elevation is a PvP server, but that doesn't mean you have to PvP.  I've been killed twice in my month here and both times the raiders were cordial and reasonable.  I talked with them after instead of insulting them and they left everything except for 1 war trophy.  Don't be a ###### and people won't have much reason to mess with you.

The population is much lower than anywhere else.  There are people to play with if you're sociable but you can walk into the wilderness and find virgin territory all over the place.

Stuff you do matters.  Pick a specialty, work hard at it, and it's quite likely that you'll be among the server elite in no time with your services in demand.

...Not high demand due to the low population, but demand.

There are some more things to be aware of with Epic vs. Freedom, but let me know if this interests you at all and we can get into that.  There are 3 active players on my deed with 2 active alliance members having a building on it and spending time there.  Then there are a few other alliance members that do their own things on their own schedules.  So we're not taking over the server any time soon, but it's a fun group.

Edit: We're Jenn-Kellon, FYI.

Edited by Wulvarik