Sign in to follow this  
zCat

Weak Transmutation Rod

An item like a transmutation Rod, which can create ore at less than 99ql

When creating a starter area I want a public mine with iron, but I do not want it to all be 99ql. Can an item like this be made, for use by a GM/server creator?

1ql rods generate 99ql tiles.

If tiles were the same ql as the rods that would be great

If it is just for GM characters you just need to have your GM character(I always use a GM at power 5 so I'm not sure the minimum level needed) use their wand to use "Change Terrain"(I think that was the command anyway) to change a cave tile to the ore type you want, it will stay the same quality it was before the change. After that "Set Data" to change the "Cave Resource" number to however many times you want that tile to remain mineable. Be aware there is an upper limit to the number of times it can be made mineable though and it won't give a warning if you try to exceed that number, it just won't register the change, so be sure to check after trying to change it. You can always increase it again later, even if the tile gets mined out you just need to "Change Terrain" again to get it back.

Edited by Cadh20000
  • Like 2

Quality of veins or cave walls is handled with a seeded random number generator. The transmutation rod toggles a yes/no bit that if true overwrites that tile's ql to 99. All this basically means setting a tiles quality to something other then 99 or default is very hard. 

I believe what Cadh20000 was suggesting is the best way to go. Find a rock wall that is the quality you want and use GM wand along with "change terrain" as already explained.