Sign in to follow this  
Ekib

Branded animals are only ones to get Deed bonus

so... from what i can tell (and correct me if i'm wrong, just not with the cane please) any creature wandering inside a deed gets deed bonus and adds to the ratio, sometimes causing messy ratio jumps

why not make it so only branded creatures count? because some areas have many non hostile creatures wandering around and can cause issues. and since you cant plan a fence over 40 slope: cant fence up the entire area sometimes.

i find it to be annoying to pay for a deed, and to have your animals protected while inside, but needing to basicly pay for wild creatures wandering in, and it seems some (seals, cant tell for others its all that spawns here) just where attracted to the deeds, moved in and didnt get out.

• Like 2

You can plant hedges over 40 slope, at least, so there are some fencing options.

Don't branded animals count towards the citizen count?  Or am I mis-remembering?

If they do then -1; if not then +1!

+1.

The downside is that everyone needs to brand their animals, and it will lead to a lot of whining and bug reporting because people's animals start to get diseased and dying, because they missed reading patch notes, if/when this get implemented.

However, I have the issue myself, because half my deed is inside a mountain, which is a very steep cliffside, which is crawling with monsters, and I have no intention, and probably not the ability, to climb up 20 tiles of steep cliffside to fence it in with sponge-like butt-ugly hedges to prevent it.

So huge +1, despite the downside.

• Like 2

Big +1.  Had to brand all mine anyway to keep them from being schizoid.

Prior to this creature "update," my deed on the north coast used to almost never see domestic animals wandering on deed. Used to be if I saw one in a month, that was unusual.  Had to go looking off deed if I wanted to find any.

Now there are tons of them, daily, all jacking up the creature ratio. Yesterday alone I killed off a rooster, pheasant, 2 chickens, 2 cows, and a bull that wandered down within my reach. And that's not counting the ones I can't reach perched on the mountain, or on some of the terraces I didn't hit yesterday.  It's as if they're now programmed to intentionally seek out deeds to jack the ratio up on.  At least that's how it seems to me.

And, like others, there's no way I can fence in the whole deed since it's mostly steep rock faces with the mines below. Hedges won't work on the upper parts, even it I could get to it, as it won't even hold dirt.

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ekib said:

why not make it so only branded creatures count? because some areas have many non hostile creatures wandering around and can cause issues. and since you cant plan a fence over 40 slope: cant fence up the entire area sometimes.

I am sure no one will get the point you are trying to make, but keeping wild animals out of your deed helps.

For slopes beyond your skill, there is this:

CreatingA total of 5 sprouts of the same type are needed to plant a hedge. Unlike actual fences, there is no skill requirement based on the tile border's slope.

• Like 1

As far as I am aware, dirt is required to plant hedges. Steep rock cannot hold dirt.  You also have to be able to reach the place you want a hedge.  Why should everything have to be such a pita?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Amadee said:

As far as I am aware, dirt is required to plant hedges. Steep rock cannot hold dirt.  You also have to be able to reach the place you want a hedge.  Why should everything have to be such a pita?

Steep slopes of pure rock can just be bypassed, that is not usable space for a deed regardless. For other slopes you should be able to reach anything for making your hedge fences, climbing up and down is too big a deal, you can just work in stages if you do not have the stamina to do it in one go. Maybe a pita, but how often do you need to fence in a tough to get at spot?

edit;

Ah I never thought of deeding mountain sides for mines, well in that case you are hooped and may end up spending a lot of time cutting ledges into your deed borders so you can build suitable fences, a pita but not impossible.

Edited by JakeRivers

3 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

edit;

Ah I never thought of deeding mountain sides for mines, well in that case you are hooped and may end up spending a lot of time cutting ledges into your deed borders so you can build suitable fences, a pita but not impossible.

The point is, why should we have to?  This was never necessary before the update, at least in my case it wasn't.  Almost never had domestics wandering on deed.

If it doesn't get addressed, it appears our choices will be  1) learn to live with it , 2) give up trying to keep creature ratio down on deed, or C) give up on WO and go play WU. 

I see no reason it can't be addressed.  This suggestion would be one way to do it.

• Like 1

I wouldn't want to fence around all the deeds. That is not how it should be on PVE.

• Like 2

So you guys don't want to fence and you don't want to hunt. But you want the game changed to give you something that you refuse to do on your own using what are considered normal deed building procedures. Sounds legit. Say it's a problem on epic and maybe freedom will get it fixed too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, armyskin said:

So you guys don't want to fence and you don't want to hunt. But you want the game changed to give you something that you refuse to do on your own using what are considered normal deed building procedures. Sounds legit. Say it's a problem on epic and maybe freedom will get it fixed too.

Say what?  Want the game changed?  The game did change.  A problem now exists that did not exist before. What's being asked for is a solution that doesn't involve having to completely redesign deeds and/or move somewhere else, and/or giving up any thought of controlling creature ratio. 

And who said anything about not wanting to hunt?  As far as I can see, this is about domestic, non-hostile animals wandering on deed in numbers they didn't before, and jacking up the creature ratio on deed.

edit: Apparently the problem with the seals was happening before the update. In my case on the north coast, non-hostiles wandering on deed and affecting creature ratio was a rarity. Now it's a plague and a nuisance.

Edited by Amadee

what Amadee said.. its been 2 years i've been battling seals, even with fence. they somehow find ways to teleport inside and i still get some wandering in. and now with fence they cant get out. also an hedge might work unless you are like me and many others and got rock of the deed...and i actualy WANT the rock tiles. i find them looking nicer than slabs. but i digress. the main issue is animals see deed as awsome spots to go hide into while they shouldnt, and its causing issues.

3 hours ago, Amadee said:

It's as if they're now programmed to intentionally seek out deeds to jack the ratio up on.  At least that's how it seems to me.

i have been feeling like this for about 2 years with the seals. i usualy got a good dozen trying to poke thru the fence at all time... its bad. :( if they where here and not caused problem i wouldnt care much but they made me lose a pregnant horse and 2 chickens to disease at least cause my ratio's jumping around faster than a fat kid in a candy store...

• Like 1

Yeah I had forgotten about the seal problem in the south, having been on the north coast for years.  With this last creature update, rather than easing the situation in the south, the north is now plagued as well.

If they're worried about people bypassing the deed's creature ratio bs, maybe they could just make the domestics avoid crossing into deeds on their own from outside of the deeds.  At any rate, a solution needs to be found that doesn't require us to completely change our gameplay and/or deeds, and this suggestion sounds as good as any other I've heard so far. 

• Like 1

Ok then don't. And also don't deal with them on your own. Just ask for mobs to avoid deeds from now on. Suggestion thread is only for crying about how the game is too hard. You have 2 ways of dealing with this without needing anything changed at all. Yet you won't put the effort into it. So continue to ask for things to be handed to you. There is no location on land that a fence can not be placed if a player wants it there bad enough. I am sorry you are incapable of that amount of dedication but are willing to grovel and ask for help when the only obstacle is your own laziness. 

the idea's also to use a barely useful game mechanic ( branding) and giving it a real purpose, while fixing the mobs going into deeds issues, but sure. lets us whine.

if you are here to troll go find other threads, there's many more in the forum, and your comments arent helping this one at all. if you are here to debate the idea, dont just go 'this is crap' and elaborate instead. why do you think the game should remain as it is then when this is causing an issue for many?

It is only an issue because you are not willing to do what is already in your power to solve the problem. You were lucky that prior to the animal movement update you didn't have animals wandering on deed. Now you do. Animals are meant to move around. We have ways to limit their travel, use them. And also, how is your deed animal to tile ratio so poor in the first place that random animals are causing you such problems?

Edited by armyskin
  • Like 1

aaaand there we go, just had to read the first line: you didnt read what we said. i have been having this issue for TWO YEARS. with seals. its not new. measures have been taken. they dont and cant work when seals magicly make it thru your fences 

ps: if you think seals arent an issue visit newspring. hundreds of seals on the coast and i'm not joking. when you have more wild animals than deed's on your deed the local wildlife is the issue. 

if you dont beleive me see this post: 

Edited by Ekib

You have no idea how I envy you for having an endless supply of animals to kill everyday. You must have 90+ in every weapon by now.

• Like 1