Sign in to follow this  
King

Mouse lagging when launching the login client with new monitor

There is a weird lag in mouse moment when i launch wurm with dell S2716DGR which is a 1440p 144hz g-sync. when wurm launches all 8 cores of my r7 1700 gets to about 50-60% with the smt cores not really used. the problem goes away when the login client loads. this problem only happens with the dell monitor plugged in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, King said:

There is a weird lag in mouse moment when i launch wurm with dell S2716DGR which is a 1440p 144hz g-sync. when wurm launches all 8 cores of my r7 1700 gets to about 50-60% with the smt cores not really used. the problem goes away when the login client loads. this problem only happens with the dell monitor plugged in.

yeah, happens to me as well but its not just a mouse lag, it lags the entire PC to the point of I can't do anything until a client is done loading

if im in discord and people are talking they go full robot

i can't remember if its due to running two different monitor types (144 and a 60) or if its running through two different adapter types but its one of those I think, this problem only happens when you're running dual+ monitors right? or does it happen when just the 144hz is plugged in as well

• Like 1

As with teef, im running 2 monitors and get this issue as well. One is a 4k tv and the other is a 4k monitor. When the TV is off or not connected, I do not get this issue.

Yea I have this since years... when I switched to 3x 4k screens - all run at 60Hz though. (I don't play fast paced games :P )

All 3 Screens run on DisplayPort and same settings - so no difference in anything as suggested above. :/

Same issue here, and several other people i know are experiencing this.

PC hangs completely launching the client

21 hours ago, platinumteef said:

yeah, happens to me as well but its not just a mouse lag, it lags the entire PC to the point of I can't do anything until a client is done loading

if im in discord and people are talking they go full robot

i can't remember if its due to running two different monitor types (144 and a 60) or if its running through two different adapter types but its one of those I think, this problem only happens when you're running dual+ monitors right? or does it happen when just the 144hz is plugged in as well

This happens both with a 1080p screen attached and just the 1440p by it self

3 hours ago, King said:

This happens both with a 1080p screen attached and just the 1440p by it self

okay, so I did some testing

its a display port issue for me apparently, and im assuming everyone else..

I unhooked my display port monitor (144hz) and just used my dvi monitor, I've never seen a client load so quick and smooth. I unhooked the DVI and used the same monitor (my  1440p 60hz monitor) and switched it to displayport instead of DVI, and boom the lag happens. 

maybe some tech gurus out there can help us with this information

Edited by platinumteef

I've seen this mouse lagging thing when loading both WO and WU on 2 separate computers, both with Windows 10x64.

From what I have observed, it occurs when showing that small splash screen when Wurm normally loads. It is not Wurm's graphical settings as the problem is present even when WO isn't installed.

What I mean is, I run the jnlp file from the main website and the mouse lagging thing occurs. Once it has loaded, so to speak, it prompts me where to install the game so I believe it has to do with the splash screen.

Another observation is that just switching from DP to HDMI cable, the mouse lagging thing is less severe but it's still a good 3~4 seconds rather than 30 seconds with DP.

This is with only Java 8 64 bit installed and Java 8 32 bit uninstalled.

Edited by Argonite

bump, need a fix for this as my primary monitor doesn't support anything but Displayport and I'm tired of 30seconds lag loading a client

I have the same issue except when I am in linux, there is works fine with both monitors connected. Really odd though.

same thing here, mouse pointer becomes unresponsive as client loads

1 hour ago, platinumteef said:

http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_preview.jnlp

try the new client preview, its not 'full release yet' but for everyone else that I know with this problem, it fixes it

I've been using the client since its been announced and honestly it runs just as smoothly (and not so smoothly) as the other clients

True, this Client does not have the problem, just tried it cause curious. :)