Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

Cattle-specific traits

I recently did a little sheep-breeding, and was amused to get the normal speed/fighting traits. :) Dread war sheep aside, it would be cool to see traits like extra (or less) wool or milk on appropriate creatures.

I kinda think it would be cool if -every- creature had a unique trait or two, but maybe that's too much.

• Like 6

I would love to see an update to the traiting system. I'm 62+ AH and 73+ nature skill, and I breed non-related animals and get bad traits galore. Would love to see some traits like this on the animals I do actually keep.

Would give even more fun to the system.

I'd much rather we be able to pick and choose/slot up specific traits...and have a larger list of things to choose from so it's not just 'try and breed the perfect horse and hope RNG doesn't gank you from behind', but I doubt it'll happen. Traits that gave more(Less) wool from sheep, or more (less) milk, or say 'Abnormal horn growth' (More horns from the rams on death), or something else would be great. The problem is there's so much revolving around the current system that I doubt they'll touch it...

I wonder if they even differentiated the animals in the code enough to even be able to allow specific animal types to have traits like this either.

So yeah, +1 from me.

• Like 1

I know Awen would like this idea, so I'll +1 on her behalf....  :)

+1 here too. I would appreciate being able to breed docile kitty cats so that they wouldn't attack at the drop of the hat and would make better house pets.

• Like 1

Big +1

Marbled beef, tougher hide, herding dogs... all kinds of fun potential!