Sign in to follow this  
Bullbrand

Players cannot select a respawn point

Does anyone know how to fix this issue ?

On the server I am currently playing on, when a player dies, instead of the usual drop-down box showing respawn locations, the box simply shows <Error while parsing markup>

I have run out of ideas as to where look to fix this, so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Bullbrand

How you have your server set-up?

Post a screen shot of the servers UI panel.

Not sure which bits you need, and as the server is hosted on PingPerfect I can only show you some of the config:

4b40bedbcb.png

There is only 1 server, so no neighbours etc are setup.

Edited by Bullbrand

Spawn point is set to X 2,100 by Y 2,100 that is tiles.

I think thats way too high.

Spawn point is centre of our capital, which is almost map centre. We're running a 4k x 4k map.

edit, nvm I think I had something wrong, BigSteve will be a lot more help than me on this.

just recall there was something about tiles vs metres in coordinates, so that people were inputting numbers 4X too high and ending up spawning people into the middle of the oceans  ....

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Players cannot respawn anywhere, not just the starter town. They can't use tents, allied deeds, their own deed etc - they simply get the error - but the issue is intermittent.

Many thanks to bdew, who came onto the server and has confirmed it is not a database issue (which is what we on the server originally thought).

The server is sending the infofmation to respawn, but clients for some reason (some randomly, some 100% of the time) just cannot use the info to generate the drop-down for respawn points.