Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

Friend permission overhaul - be it similar to new brand permissions

Currently when setting any permissions, there are group permissions for trusted friends and friends - unfortunately that is not really a group permission currently but adding the individual players in the actual friend list to the active permission list one by one hence when you add a new player to your above groups the permissions will not be allowed on the items where your group is set. Also if you remove someone from your group they will still retain the permissions on all items where friend/trusted group permission have been set.

I suggest to change the behaviour to work similar as the branding permission since the last update - so when you set permissions to your friend / trusted friend list, the "Trusted Friend" or "Friend" group wouls be added to the actual permissions and not the individual players one by one who are included in your friend categories.

This would save a lot of work to update settings on all items when you add a new friend to your list, and decrease the risk of letting unwanted permissions to stay when you remove someone from your friend lists.

Instead of being individually added upon branding, creatures will now have a special role for citizens with brand permissions on a deed. This will mean a citizen leaving the deed will revoke all permissions on branded creatures.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

at first i thaught you wanted to brand your friends. but this works too +1

+1
When long time ago you introduced friend categories I thought these are real groups and I could set the groups permissions then I only need to just add my friends to proper group, and they get the group permissions and when I take out friends from a group they lose the group permission.
But the friends groups don't work that way.
The change would be desirable.