Sign in to follow this  
Kyleshandra

[Fixed] Problem after dying - Can't pop to deed token

Hello,

My character Blucher is having an issue.  I haven't played her in a while but popped in for a bit to fill deed upkeep.  My deed is the Cookhouse on Xanadu.  Blucher is the mayor.

She died and when I tried to come back in, I received options for all the starter deeds, Start, outside most of the starter deeds, and 'outside the cookhouses'.  Unfortunately, this apparently translates to 'wayyyy up the mountain above the cookhouse'.  Oddly enough, several years ago, I made a tunnel up to the top of the mountain which has since failed in several places including the upper mine door.  Every time I have died (3 times now tonight) it has brought me to the tile immediately outside where the mine door used to be.

If it helps any, there is an FSB up there just a couple tiles north of that spot.  Anyway, I will leave Blucher signed in for as long as possible tonight in case that helps.

If not, I will watch the forum messages :)

Actually, I submitted here instead at the request of the CA.  Problem finally resolved itself after about my 4th or 5th death I received an option for The Cookhouse instead of outside.

11 hours ago, Delacroix said:

Make sure you submit a ticket ingame, if you haven't.

No. Kyleshandra did the right thing! :)

There should be a scroll bar on the menu for the list of places for you to respawn.  I certainly don't wish for you to die again, but if you do and you don't see the token option again, see if you can get a screenshot of the list of names and if any appear below the scroll bar.

This issue has been reported before (years ago) but we cannot reproduce it in order to troubleshoot the issue.  https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/87441-spawn-at-token-option-dissapears/

After about 4 deaths I did finally get an option to spawn at my deed instead of 'outside' my deed.  Don't know what changed from the other three times :)

My apologies for not thinking to take a screen shot of the choice menu.

If it helps any, I counted the options listed... there were 18. Included in that list were "Outside the Cookhouse" and Start which left 16 for the 9 starter tokens... I seem to remember that Linton showed but not Outside Linton, I don't remember which other one was missing.

In any case, Blucher is back home again finally with just a pile of missing skill points to show for the excitement!

I believe the issue with all 3 of these instances is the steepness of the deed land and the proximity to water.  I imagine the code looks for a safe place for you to respawn so that you don't just die again by falling off a mountain or drowning.

I'll have to pass this on to the devs to see if there is something that can be done.  In the meantime, if you plan on dying you may want to try to level some land on the deed near the token if possible.

In the meantime, be careful.

Did some tests on test with sloped deeds , if the village token is on a flat tile 

you get the option to spawn at the village token.

• Like 1

With the update today comes the option of spawning on your deed or at your token even if the tile(s) is so steep you would probably slide to your death again.  To the right of the option to spawn there you will see a warning about it being STEEP.  (You may have to expand the spawn window to see it).   Therefore, you can spawn on steep slopes again, so heed the warnings.  https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/161649-patch-notes-08mar18/

• Like 1