Sign in to follow this  
Ruiner

who wants a map reset for elevation

who wants a map reset for elevation  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who else wants a reset the map is terribly flat and is a pain in the arse for pvp , we got the skill transfer so the final piece in the puzzle for epic to come back to life is a map reset

• yes
    • no

I voted no and I still stand by that...

But if this is going to happen please reduce map size, please allow Epic to Freedom skill transfers OR add Epic to the freedom cluster and remove home servers. We do not need 5 different PvP Servers and from what I have read it looks like pretty much everyone is asking for just 1 place to PvP that is relevant?

On 11/22/2017 at 8:49 PM, Quicktor said:

i see where this will end, in the next 2 pages of this thread retro will come in and say "hey guys, a map reset isnt gonna happen anytime soon and the homeservers are gonna stay, period....."

Nothing has changed from this, there's plenty more to roll out before a map reset becomes a logical next step, we're aware of the issues the map faces, but doing any sort of reset would come once we're content the balances are in, and also any map based mechanics changes are ready, so don't expect any reset  or discussion to be rushed before that.

As for home servers, I have zero indication of them being any issue,why would we close these? 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Nothing has changed from this, there's plenty more to roll out before a map reset becomes a logical next step, we're aware of the issues the map faces, but doing any sort of reset would come once we're content the balances are in, and also any map based mechanics changes are ready, so don't expect any reset  or discussion to be rushed before that.

In the meantime, how are people supposed to keep spending time building up their deeds if a reset keeps being hinted as incoming? 

It's a horrible state of purgatory. We have a fairly active deed at the moment, with lots of people putting effort into building up the defenses, but of course people are wary about the possibility of an upcoming reset. If people feel their work will be undone in a few months time, they're liable to jump to Freedom or just stop playing altogether.

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

As for home servers, I have zero indication of them being any issue,why would we close these? 

Is this a bit backwards, wouldnt having a server reset help iron out the bugs due to the people that it would pull in and the more people online the more chance bugs to be reported and then fixed?

and as it was said above, why put in effort if in the near future a map reset is likely, like i said, a bit backwards.

Haha 82 people voting ... Their is no way to get an accurate poll here.

No to a server reset of any kind on epic. Having everything you played for destroyed by the developers is a great way to lose dedicated players who enjoy the game.

Yes to skill transfers BOTH ways between Freedom/Epic and Epic/Freedom. Let us grind on any server; on all the servers; we want to without worry! Use the same system on both clusters!

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

thanks for the statement tho, now we know its definetly not worth it to waste more time on epic for now

• Like 2

If they reset Epic can they make active Volcano's again that can't be destroyed?

We need things to do on Epic and one thing on Chaos was going to one of the 2 volcano's when bored to find boulders.  Maybe get some PvP action from others doing the same.

Disappointed there's no volcano's around to explore.  Niraja says 2015 for last eruption on Elevation.

[Elevation    2015-04-13 07:06    Enkenfyre rumbles intensely.]

Missing from Epic (This is on Chaos)

0ORgeQW.jpg

Edited by nicedreams

8 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Why do we need a reset to change the topography of the map?

We've had valrei events create craters/mountains before, surely a massive scale alteration of the landscape on the existing map is possible. I'm thinking along the lines of bodies of water being filled in, large hills being created etc. These could even have an explanation inkeeping with the lore of wurm, such as droughts, continental drift, fracking, or plastic pollution. 

With this approach, everyone could be kept happy. Terrain changes could intentionally miss major deeds and even alter the geography in such a way that creates new pvp hotspots and accentuates current ones. 

Example: The gods are enraged by a lack of player enthusiasm in RP and wurm lore. Elevation descends into an ice age. The upper 33% of the map is encased in a layer of ice (Seas are filled in, ground replaced with tundra). Wooly Mammoths roam the frozen wastes (pls). 

Example 2: A drought begins. Seas across 50% of the map dry up, leaving huge craters. Forests begin to grow in the new basins. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, OinkMeHarder said:

Why do we need a reset to change the topography of the map?

We've had valrei events create craters/mountains before, surely a massive scale alteration of the landscape on the existing map is possible. I'm thinking along the lines of bodies of water being filled in, large hills being created etc. These could even have an explanation inkeeping with the lore of wurm, such as droughts, continental drift, fracking, or plastic pollution. 

With this approach, everyone could be kept happy. Terrain changes could intentionally miss major deeds and even alter the geography in such a way that creates new pvp hotspots and accentuates current ones. 

Example: The gods are enraged by a lack of player enthusiasm in RP and wurm lore. Elevation descends into an ice age. The upper 33% of the map is encased in a layer of ice (Seas are filled in, ground replaced with tundra). Wooly Mammoths roam the frozen wastes (pls). 

Example 2: A drought begins. Seas across 50% of the map dry up, leaving huge craters. Forests begin to grow in the new basins. 

If something like this was done; giving assurance to the players that their work wouldn't be lost AND something was done to make grinding on Epic worth the time (further Freedom/Epic merging), I think the player base could grow significantly.

• Like 1