Sign in to follow this  
Ruiner

who wants a map reset for elevation

who wants a map reset for elevation  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who else wants a reset the map is terribly flat and is a pain in the arse for pvp , we got the skill transfer so the final piece in the puzzle for epic to come back to life is a map reset

• yes
    • no

We went from player numbers being up in the 100s on a daily basis across the 4 servers to a max of 30 on them in the space of 2 weeks once the transfers were added.I literally only log in there for PVP and Hota and I'm sure thats just about what everyone else does too.

Edited by Rudie

1 hour ago, Rudie said:

We went from player numbers being up in the 100s on a daily basis across the 4 servers to a max of 30 on them in the space of 2 weeks once the transfers were added.I literally only log in there for PVP and Hota and I'm sure thats just about what everyone else does too.

Yeah, for good or ill, the move to Freedom gutted the pop. Clearly anyone who moved wanted to, and I don't begrudge them that.

I don't like the idea, though, that that Epic is simply the place where buff Freedomers come to PVP, especially because what I'm hearing is that Freedom is the place to grind. I get the logic, but that sucks, because what I'm really hearing is that Freedom is the place to spend your time. Anyone new to Epic will justly be told, "don't spend your time levelling here, go to Freedom". :(

Ultimately, it sounds like PVP on Epic will now only ever be meaningless skirmishes, since nothing of importance will really be on the line.

If I wanted quick, brutal PVP deathmatches, though, I'd go back to World of Tanks. I like the idea of slower, kingdom/politically-oriented PVP. I want to see kingdom-level connivance and long-term conflicts, where the actual PvP is merely an extension of diplomacy. (Yeah, maybe I'm role-playing this too much. :P)

Anyhow, I don't know how to fix it, but it does look broken. :(

Revive old home server... jkhome map was pretty nice. 

• Like 1

I predict that anyone who will be upset about losing a few weeks of work at this point wont see it through to a map reset even if it does happen, we all know people last a couple months then are gone again.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

I predict that anyone who will be upset about losing a few weeks of work at this point wont see it through to a map reset even if it does happen, we all know people last a couple months then are gone again.

i can't agree more, especially now that you can make like 12k bricks an hour lol

but the real problem and I think what he was getting at is that the devs said "at 6 months we'll revisit the idea after any issues from the changes are ironed out"

6 months is a long ass time for people to come from WU, freedom/chaos or just returning players who are now attracted to WU style gains etc, to get settled in and then uprooted from their deeds and work once more

1month? i could see a 1 month testing period to iron things out, but their should be a disclaimer about not doing any real deed work or infrastructure work due to a map reset incoming

• Like 1

In all fairness I don't think a map reset is gonna work.

The underlying problem is that people don't get skill for both clusters on epic and thus will focus their main efforts in grinding on freedom rather than epic.

Thus we end up with ghost towns on epic which reduces the chance of sporadik pvp by a huge ammount.

• Like 8

I'm down for another map reset if we're granted resources to combat what we're losing. 

Map would have to be 8 x 8.

2 hours ago, Zekezor said:

The underlying problem is that people don't get skill for both clusters on epic and thus will focus their main efforts in grinding on freedom rather than epic.

Thus we end up with ghost towns on epic which reduces the chance of sporadik pvp by a huge ammount.

exactly what zeke said

why in hell, would we waste time on epic when everything you do on there isnt gonna have any effect on freedom at all?

a map reset will be fun for the time that people build i guess, but from there on it will just be a server to log on once a week or to hota and spend the rest on freedom...

• Like 2

Just to reiterate what's already been said: 

Until it's possible to jump from Epic to Freedom with skills, most of the population are going to remain on Freedom, leaving Epic to rot. A map reset won't change population numbers, except for the first couple of months of building. I personally would prefer a more permanent fix...

On a more personal note, having already lost a deed to the last Elevation reset, and having spent a lot of time rebuilding on the current Elevation, I'm not sure I would stick around for a third time. 

Edited by BrokenSanity

I personally wish skills wouldn't transfer at all, either direction.

As mentioned, it's not good for the community to be the place where people go when they want to do meaningless PVP before retreating to the safety of Freedom.

If you wanna fight on Epic you should have to live on Epic.  It just breeds nicer neighbours.

• Like 1

I'm glad about the skill transfers but the current way is definitely encouraging all skilling on Freedom. I've not even spent a minute of my SB on Epic side yet.

There should be a fair jechanic to transfer the skill GAINS when jumping from epic to freedom. That might make more players to grind skills on any cluster they are currently on. It feels a bit silly that I go to freedom to grind archery which I only need on Epic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaz said:

I'm glad about the skill transfers but the current way is definitely encouraging all skilling on Freedom. I've not even spent a minute of my SB on Epic side yet.

There should be a fair jechanic to transfer the skill GAINS when jumping from epic to freedom. That might make more players to grind skills on any cluster they are currently on. It feels a bit silly that I go to freedom to grind archery which I only need on Epic.

This, so far i have skilled 0 skills on epic as it feels like a waste. No idea how to change it, but thats how it is.

• Like 1

People look at the population number when deciding if they want to play on a server. The fewer people skill grinding on a server, the less popular it appears. As others have said, currently we are incentivised to skill grind on freedom even if our main focus is on epic. Elevation will struggle so long as this remains the case.

But yes, once this is sorted, a new map is needed.

Please don't nuke my home and replace it with another place that nobody wants to go.

7 hours ago, Jaz said:

I am still grinding on Epic as I build a deed etc. I also admit I am crazy to do it that way with the way that the game has now made it smarter to grind on Freedom in complete safety, with zero risk of losing anything at all. No fear of raids, no fear of sudden ambush, no fear at all.

I prefer the feeling of danger I get from living and grinding in a more dangerous environment. No interest in playing on Freedom right now and grinding in safety.

It's unfortunate that CodeClub hasn't yet balanced risk and reward so that there is some reason to smartly grind away on Epic instead of hiding in the safety of Freedom.

Hopefully soon, CodeClub, will announce the other half of the update that swings the focus back to living on Epic.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Nappy said:

I am still grinding on Epic as I build a deed etc. I also admit I am crazy to do it that way with the way that the game has now made it smarter to grind on Freedom in complete safety, with zero risk of losing anything at all. No fear of raids, no fear of sudden ambush, no fear at all.

I prefer the feeling of danger I get from living and grinding in a more dangerous environment. No interest in playing on Freedom right now and grinding in safety.

It's unfortunate that CodeClub hasn't yet balanced risk and reward so that there is some reason to smartly grind away on Epic instead of hiding in the safety of Freedom.

Hopefully soon, CodeClub, will announce the other half of the update that swings the focus back to living on Epic.

I too am grinding on Epic for that reason. Being on Freedom feels bland, to be honest. (I'm hoping this means I'm actually gaining a bit of ground via effective skills. If not, that would be a double whammy.)

• Like 1

could we get an official statement for all the people that still wait if something happens or not?

like most people are either on freedom grinding / building atm as others said or just waiting to see if something else is gonna be changed, since the goal of this update was to revive epic and it completely failed

I think an interesting statistic would be how many people that voted Yes on the last reset actually came to play on Elevation after, and then how many people who were playing on Elevation but voted No left after.

Why can't people see that the only fix to make pvp the way it was years ago is to merge the pvp clusters. Making the epic cluster all those years ago split the pvp population and pvp has sucked in one way or another ever since. I don't care how you get it done, delete epic and chaos and start a new cluster, delete epic let us take our items and accounts (effective skill on epic to freedom actual skill) to chaos, delete chaos and let them bring their items to epic (their accounts are already a 1 to 1 skill). Come up with a new and innovative way to merge the pvp population back to whole, I don't care how it is done. Deleting the elevation map over and over isn't going to fix anything it is just going to kill the cluster faster. Everyone in my village is saying if they reset ele again and we lose all of our hard work they won't come back. Why would you want that? A map reset is not the answer. The old map was ###### and if you thought it was good you are delusional. Epic was almost completely dead until they reset ele, and look at how that turned out. The new map is ###### too, ele was once again dead until the freedom skill transfers came into play and a huge surge happened for a few weeks. But then what happened? The devs ###### up the skill transfers and made it a 1 way from freedom to epic instead of it being a two way street. So elevation is slowly going to start dying again as the masses head back to freedom to grind taking epic players with them. Because why would you grind anything on epic when grinding the same skill on freedom is equivalent to grinding two accounts at the same time. Epic is already dying, when we all first came back the numbers were steadily over 100 every day. Now most days its lucky to get to what, 60? And that is across the cluster not just elevation. Eventually the numbers for epic will go back to what they were a month and a half ago, 20-30 at the highest 40. Why do you people keeping beating your heads against the wall trying to come up with a fix to save epic?!?! It is a dead cluster, let it die, merge pvp populaces back together and lets make pvp great again.

Personally I stand by a full wipe of PvP... but considering that just isn't going to happen. I completely agree with merging the PvP populations together.

Remove home servers, and merge epic and chaos. If your not going to do anything productive... atleast combine the little PvP player base we have together.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Zekezor said:

Perhaps we can change action speed on TOGGLE from body on Epic. That way people can still use faster actions for quality of life, and grind there aswell to allow transfer both ways.

Make chaos PVE only and let Epic become the PVP cluster

Edited by whykillme
  • Like 2

Chaos pve? :) but how that? i think better jsut bring chaos to Epic than :) and make it second Elevation :) 2 Hotas at same time, so kingdoms will need to make choice :) 
But any way will agree with WKM it have sence, to make only pvp and only pve servers, and make no difference in skill gain at bouth than

Edited by Gofs

I do -not- like the idea of removing home servers. The fundamental concept of home servers that are logistically difficult to attack, and yet are still vulnerable, appeals to me. It's more for long-term PVP, as opposed to quick deathmatches (in that case, might as well play WU and be done with it).

In short, I like the Epic server structure. (Not to mention, trying to pack everyone into one server would be like Xanadu. Lag is already bad enough.)

-1 Simply, I don't think that a reset at this time will be beneficial.  They have effectively eliminated the need of home servers on epic with the recent changes by making Freedom the skilling location for Epic.  Epic is dead as it was originally conceived, may as well eliminate the home servers, join Ele to the Freedom cluster the same as Chaos is now.  It'l make the crafters happy to have a bigger consumer base to sell their wares.

Perhaps, after the religion/priest stuff is done and the dust has settled from the death of the home servers then revisit the issues around the pvp island resets, reboots, combining or other options.  But tearing everybody's stuff down now, and then possibly doing again possibly in 6 months isn't going to help.