Sign in to follow this  
Ruiner

who wants a map reset for elevation

who wants a map reset for elevation  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who else wants a reset the map is terribly flat and is a pain in the arse for pvp , we got the skill transfer so the final piece in the puzzle for epic to come back to life is a map reset

• yes
    • no

Really would like to see this happen

Edited by Ruiner
  • Like 1

Im sure all epic players want this but making a poll on the forum is a very bad idea since u will always have a lot of trolls voting lol

So long as its back to something like it used to be, not this massive travel time sink with isolated islands and dumb bridge crap. The flatness never bothered me though, I get mad slope rage when I cant just ride around... old Elevation was a nice mix imo.

• Like 9

I liked the old map . The flatness makes for massive terra forming to make a PvP deed . And then they just look like a big dirt wall rather then natural terrain and mountains. And the islands and bridge crap discourages PvP. 

Maybe get rid of the home servers and just have one map. I really liked the old elevation map as well. I never understand why wurm online has to many maps with so few players. It would be more fun with more players on one epic map. 

As a side note I get why some players don't want servers removed. Just one look at the work and time gone into deeds would be enough to make people quit. 

bringing back the old ele map but fresh clean slate would be heaven compared to this map

but honestly, animal crates should come in first so no one has to restart breeding from scratch

• Like 4

I'm attached to Serenity now; would rather not see it wiped. :( Elevate just seems like a lot of trees. :P

the central PVP map should be smaller.  It's too big.  Bring back the old map.  If the other home servers are like Serenity, they are a total mess...  But there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of hours of labor invested in the home maps, so I guess a reset of those would be out of the question.

Current map is garbage, old Ele wasn't much better but it was the right size.

I would have voted yes maybe 2 weeks ago but since then I have put way too much effort into my deed so im voting no. I asked the Dev's to do a map reset back when they were doing the freedom transfer and they said no but they may be open to do one further down the line.

So the devs were happy for people to come over get settled build up deeds and then wipe the map, makes no sense at all. Should have been a fresh start for all but once again poor decision win again.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Touchmee said:

Current map is garbage, old Ele wasn't much better but it was the right size.

I would have voted yes maybe 2 weeks ago but since then I have put way too much effort into my deed so im voting no. I asked the Dev's to do a map reset back when they were doing the freedom transfer and they said no but they may be open to do one further down the line.

So the devs were happy for people to come over get settled build up deeds and then wipe the map, makes no sense at all. Should have been a fresh start for all but once again poor decision win again.

this is a good point, instead of resetting the map and wiping the progress is there anyway to altar the current map such as - lowering the water level to add more land and less land bridges?

Nobody wants a xandu sized map, it is redicolous big. Bring back challenge, that was fun.

I've put a crapload of time into my Elevation deed.  It's not much, but it's my newbhome.

I'd "probably" stick around if it were wiped, but the other 2 guys on my deed would be gone from the game for sure.

If I did stick around I wouldn't be very excited at all to do all that work over again.

At a certain point Elevation will just become deserted due to uncertainty rather than any flaws of the land.

Size and flatness is nice. The chokepointed island crap aint.

Just add more defensive terrain towards the outer edges far from hota or something.

Edited by Zekezor

Reset yearly or something, I feel like this is requested too much so maybe it should be considered.

Edited by Niki

11 minutes ago, Niki said:

Reset yearly or something, I feel like this is requested too much so maybe it should be considered.

Not just Elevation, then.

Every server.

Then prepare your inbox for the deluge of Thank Yous that are sure to be inbound.

anybody that says the current map size is ok only plays once a week logs in to tend their pottery planters and then tames and cuddles their champion black bear and then logs out

I like the neato cool changes but until this cancerous map is fixed elevation is going nowhere but what can you expect, there were literally only about 10 people still playing on the current elevation and there were like 4 deeds and we couldnt get a map reset, now that more people have dug their heels in theres only going to be more resistance and now more people quiting because of resets

as of now its a complete failure and a waste of time investment putting any more minutes into elevation for the majority of players

if anybody wants any reasononing behind why people don't want the current map go read the 100 threads made about it with detailed write ups from people who have spent hundreds of hours on it

ways to fix this:

1. Let ausimus make a map similar to old elevation where you don't have a pancake but you also don't have the continual increase/decrease in 60 slope every tile across the map

have some real ass mountains, not the tiny hills we have now, have them positioned in good spots that are desirable for deeds so maybe people will try to fight over them or something instead of just on the outskirts of the map

2. Bring back the old map in its original state, we know what we're getting here. This is a good simple fix

3. Devs take the map, literally CUT out the water in between the islands to reduce the actual size of the map and the chokepoints and somehow rearrange the islands to fit into or nearby the central island.This is a lot of work and also deeds would be affected etc. so this isn't even on the table but I put this option in here to be dramatic.

4. Retro talked about players getting wand of the seas and ###### to fix the current map problems, i dont know if this means they're thinking about adding new wand types or whatever but I dont think 50000 crappy sea wands is going to make anything better. This was spoken about in a GL hots chat a few weeks back

tl:dr yes awful decision on keeping the current map when everyone knows how poor it is especially when 100% of the 10~ people and 4~ deeds left on the map wanted it gone, it was a perfect chance to upset nobody and make everybody happy

but yeah, lets talk about it 6 months down the line amirite

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 1

Just a thought to throw out, what would a pmk do about a map reset guess we would have to pick a home server to chill on for awhile or something and convert and does our pmk disband when the server closes and disbands all the deeds like last reset(came up on twitter all the deeds disbanding). I am all for a map reset or some major changes just didn't want to leave an issue like this out of the mix if a reset does happen. Any ideas about it welcome.

Edited by Darklords

23 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Just a thought to throw out, what would a pmk do about a map reset guess we would have to pick a home server to chill on for awhile or something and convert and does our pmk disband when the server closes and disbands all the deeds like last reset(came up on twitter all the deeds disbanding). I am all for a map reset or some major changes just didn't want to leave an issue like this out of the mix if a reset does happen. Any ideas about it welcome.

it would disband but last time pmks were reimbursed with new forms to refound

• Like 2

I voted yes. My opinion has less weight though as I'm a noob on Epic. Still I see the current map is way too large and is too fragmented. I have no real oversight about the flatness but if there are no mountains that encourage interesting deed designs it is real bad.

I'm new to Epic so will be selfish and say I'm down for a map reset also.  Loving this PvP change skill transfer so far.

I don't think Elevation is too big.  What if more PMK's want to show up...then we'll say the map is not big enough.  PMK's only have Elevation.

that may be a valid point too - unfortunately I don't feel like there will be a too big crowd, let me fail with that!