Sign in to follow this  
Middi

Fight Skill Loss - PvE Death Review

Long story short, I died to a server bug , link below;

Put in a ticket was told, oh well, Rolf made this post some time ago, sorry for your loses.. link below;

If we can't fix the bug please remove the fight skill loss, drastically reduce it or scale it down the higher the fight skill, having to now go out and kill 2k - 2.5k mobs to get that back doesn't seem like a fair resolve to me, not to mention the active res stone that I now need to replace out of my own pocket.

34 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

lol

go kill some things

You get your daily troll in bud, I'm sure it makes you feel worthwhile. Let him have his moment, everyone needs to feel important some times.

Rolf's statement is regarding performing an action and movement resulting in a bug that randomly insta kills you

I wasn't moving as I was afk and I wasn't performing an action either as I was afk

the tile I was on had no interaction whilst I was afk

tbh I can't see why Rolf's post has directly influenced the decision of the GM

Edited by Middi

I've had this happen to me before at 99+ fighting and losing a res stone, in my case i was digging and the server just lagged and murdered me. Also another time when i hopped down my mine ramp and flew into a wall and suffocated. It really sucks and truly feels awful to be told that the policy is not to reimburse in bugged death situations. I certainly empathise with your plight, up to higher ups to discuss any changes to the policy but if some kind of middle ground could be achieved between "giving everyone reimbursements for everything" and "saying no to all" i'm sure a lot of us would be happier,

• Like 2

Yep, that would be bad customer service. Maybe they don't have the developers/crew to provide good customer service, but in that case, I'd flag it as something to correct, and not leave it as a policy of "won't-fix".

From a business perspective, relying on customers "having-to" use your product despite acknowledged but uncorrected deficiencies means that once an attractive alternative appears, you can't count on loyalty holding your base (whatever is left of it).

So, this company is gambling that no one develops an attractive alternative...

Full disclosure: I died due to a bug that I believe/hope has now been fixed (mobs killing at a distance). I was new enough that it didn't hurt my stats that badly, and I didn't open a ticket.

Not really trolling, I have died 2x to the 'digging bug' they use this as a huge umbrella to cover any situation where you mysteriously die for zero reason, both times I was out a res stone and the usual mix of skills.

I am not at 99.9999 fighting yet so its not the end of the world to get back what you loose, worst part is loosing the res stone cause that you are actually out of pocket on.

I once died by suffocating in a wall on our deed, made a ticket and got my skills reimbursed in no time, guess policy is changed nowadays them?

Back in the days I was helped out very kindly and quick 

21 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

both times I was out a res stone and the usual mix of skills.

i got my rez stone back #contacts

I've died twice by suffocation and not been reimbursed which sucks, they really need to discuss a better way than just dismissing customers support tickets outright

• Like 2