Sign in to follow this  
Goblinking

Dirt Dropping

When digging dirt, it should function the same way as mining. When you mine, the shards fall at your feet in a nice pile. When you dig dirt, you collect all the dirt in your inventory. I feel this is unpractical and it would make life exponentially easier if we didn't have to move dirt out of our inventories every minute. Basically, dirt should drop at your feet instead of collecting in your inventory. Does anyone else agree? 

madness
If this gets any worse we're going to have to nominate a new forum moderator role.
someone to splice/merge threads or add a `google it first` message for all the newcomers. 

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steveleeb said:

madness
If this gets any worse we're going to have to nominate a new forum moderator role.
someone to splice/merge threads or add a `google it first` message for all the newcomers. 

Sorry for the off-topic, but I gotta say this.

Goblinking

December 16, 2012

Steveleeb

October 28, 2013

Anyway, I agree with the OP.

• Like 1

The original thread was by Sila. who joined after Gob.
The thread received 228 votes and is 4 pages long. 
https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/130029-make-diging-same-way-as-mining/

I think that's far more relevant from an objective, point of view.
:-/
Dictating when Goblinking joined, kinda shames him a little don't you think? I'm a relative newbie and i always check to see if im treading in old footsteps. 

Anyway, no worries, I'm more concerned by the likes of this - https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/158760-hitching-post/

(over 10 previous threads)
I'm just waiting for someone to complain about snow again. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit - Oh i SEE.. you thought i was referring to Gob when i said `newcomers`. I wasn't specifically referring to him.
however, lacking experience of posting and researching, no matter when he joined, still deems the title `newcomer` relevant.
a `noob` would have a high post count and little excuse, a newcomer (newbie), does not and is entirely forgiveable. 
Join date is not relevant. 

Edited by Steveleeb

My god why is it a thing to say a suggestion been made before and then spam sources. Stop wasting ur life refreshing forums every 3 minutes.

Adding previous sources to the thread, adds weight to the suggestion and honours the effort spent by those that contributed before. 
one thread might only have a handful of +1's but 10 threads on the same topic?, could contain 100. 
it's useful for the devs to see the magnitude of desire without relying on memory or searching the forum. 

• Like 1

Good point.  It also shows a continuing interest in having the suggestion implemented, so they do not see it as only a single thread about the suggestion.

I would also enjoy being able to pull 100 dirt from my crate and drop it on the ground, instead of a few to inventory and the drop on ground,  25 more times.

+1

Off topic but people who comment on threads that the thread is not necessary 'cause (insert whatever reason here), just adds another post to the thread they deem unnecessary.

Back to topic:  +1 to the OP and all the other threads suggesting similar.

• Like 1

+1 to commenting on thread. Also giving reference shows that this topic was brought up in 3 threads in a week's time.

• Like 1

On 17/11/2017 at 0:49 PM, armyskin said:

+1 to commenting on thread. Also giving reference shows that this topic was brought up in 3 threads in a week's time.

4 days later....

• Like 2