Sign in to follow this  
Czar

First aid amusements and curiosities

Scissors + Square piece of cloth

Small bandage 0.05kg

Medium bandage 0.1kg

Large bandage 0.2kg

etc.. All specially prepared bandages cover wounds that would normally need twice the cotton.

Gary idea: have bandages reduce the first aid timer. 25% maybe? Perhaps effect on potency compared to regular cotton items too.

Bandage + Healing cover

Treated bandage - bandage and treat with the same item!

Bandage + Farmer's salve

Salvation bandage - same effect as farmer's salve, just sounds neat. Can be used as salve or a bandage!

Edit: another thought:

Tin lump+large anvil (blacksmithing)

First aid kit: Contains bandages, salves & healing covers in one neat box.

Edited by Czar
  • Like 7
  • Cat 1

It's funny when they click like but they don't plus one it, isn't it ;)

+1 !

• Like 1

+1. LT removed most need for medical care, but it would sure be more accurate than having just cotton used...and wurm is all about preparation before the event anyway :)

It's hard to see a need as is... but if you increased the default 2 potency of bandaging with cotton to 4 potency bandaging with a bandage, maybe now that's something that could be interesting.  Otherwise it's hard to justify when it's easy to just obtain thousands of cotton and not care about usage amount

Maybe can also reduce bandaging timer, would have to be something that doesn't go further enabling bandaging in combat

• Like 1

Ah I don't see it fulfilling a need or overturning the whole system. Just a little bit of fun and depth. Amusements and curiosities, if you will.

I like the idea about reducing bandage timer. Will add it to OP

Edited by Czar

I'd rather have common and uncommon bandage, and try to skip having 3rd tier...

To make the uncommon bandages reasonable to use... higher healed amount should be a thing.. and maybe faster healing?

Else scale the bandage amount... turn 1 kg cotton to more bandages.. (this will help new players.. while they do not have much cotton to use.. but also... it's a ton of work and requires a lot of tools... to make it reasonable to process cotton through: 
 +spindle
 +floorloom
 +scissor
actions... there should be some benefit/reason, right?

I can imagine using such if they were taking 0.05cotton instead of 0.10-0.20kg per use;
Also while at it... 0.30kg cloth square seems like overkill... 
 * could we add bigger cloth squares taking bigger amount of string... to turn into 0.50-1kg cloth square in 1 action... limites by skill tiers... 50/70/90 ClothTailoring skill?

I can imagine using these.. if I was able to make bigger amounts and cut 2 bandage's weight per action...(possible to combine into one later, but taking just as much as it requires per wound damage amount)

That way.. 1 patching of 5damage could be 0.05bandage.. but body wound of 20-30 damage that now takes 0.20kg cotton I think, could take 0.10kg bandage(costing me 1 action.. but LESS cotton to carry around)

This might seem like cheesing it.. but bandages are useless once you have LT weapon.. and it's a bless that we aren't forced to murder time in bandaging, one of the reasons it's hated is the time it takes.. and it also have a huge action timer per action..

Try bandaging 30-50 tiny burns in a rift from lava with a normal cotton... happy 5+ minutes of 'pure fun' - said nobody ever.. for a reason. (LoF is a blessing in these cases..)

- heal more or faster, maybe have a tiny healing over time added per bandaged wound if it's with crafted bandage; 

- let it be possible to combine, but use just as much as needed per wound damage type/tier

- maybe extend this to mixing bandage+farmer's salve to boost the effect.. 5-10% or w/e.. somebody will love that for sure, extend the wound types it cures, or not.. just an idea..

- maybe shorten healing timer... entirely for the action to lure people to use it again, or scale with "first aid". "healing". "alchemy", "natural substances" skills?

WHY bandage stuff at all with LT?

You do not get healed for every hit you try to land.. and sometimes.. there's not much around to slash or bash for health.. also there's jackal and people could use a bit of traditional healing, new players all around could use this always..

You don't like any of this .... because of pvp whatever... sure.. add longer timer for the healing actions or fail chances based on enemies around, etc.. or skip having it on any pvp environment entirely, problem solved, anybody else could really use a bit more health control.

• Like 1