Sign in to follow this  
Eject

New login server

Good morning freinds of wurm

My little question is.....can i activate a new login server without problems?

I would add a new server connected to my actual loginserver, then switch the login from one to the other.

Eject

3 hours ago, Eject said:

Good morning freinds of wurm

My little question is.....can i activate a new login server without problems?

I would add a new server connected to my actual loginserver, then switch the login from one to the other.

Eject

It is possible to move a login server but you will need a big bunch of technical knowledge and work a lot with sqlite. Moving a login server could cause the destruction of your whole server environment affecting all islands, so BACKUP your data.

Edited by Sklo:D

Hello my friend

If its not too hard, can you give me a little guide to understand it and work with it to get a new loginserver without problems?

Eject

I have had zero actual experiance moving a log in server,

Though

I have had a million thoughts on how it could be done,

The main issue is getting the data from the old one too new,

Copying it isnt going to hack it as most of the data is to do with the play on the old server, ie, deeds, items on ground, buildings, animals etc.

I did have an idea of running the new login server as a normal map, get everyone over the course of a weekend, that you can to travell there, play mess about. then switch the login server

Down side is that if someone has not travelled there and logs in it will ask for a new toon to be created.

Could of fixed by GM command to move, or a database script that moves all toons to the login server.

These a just random thoughts i had when Ages of Urath server was having bad lag issues on the log in server.

Before you do anything i would do lots of testing of on a copy of your cluster on a test bed.

I did it a while back. Believe I had to copy economy dB over and player db. There were quiet a bit of editing on player db but can't remember the specifics that had to be changed. Like previously noted make backups and expect hiccups. I recall doing quiet a few manual entries to correct issues.

Did we ever discover a relative easy way to make this work out?
I thought maybe the Epic Portal, but that appears to only copy with fresh skills?

And removing Login Status off the first server removes the characters from play doesn't it?