Sign in to follow this  
Eject

Server restart if a new player connects

Hello friends

A player was moving her friend to my servers, the last 2 hours suddenly one of my neighbour servers made restarts and restarts.....

Now i found in my forum, Player A told us, if his frind is connecting, all clients get a disconnect, and yeah, thats because in this time the server is restarting.

What could be the reason and how can we prevent a situation like this?

Eject

I have now a new information

the new player was playing some hours without problems, than he died. this was the beginning of the serverrestarts always he tried to login

Eject

i found this in the log

[10:18:33 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.LoginHandler: /24.60.64.142,Kytul successfully logged on, id: 73071604672768.

[10:18:34 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Lag detected at socketserver.tick (15.5): 1.665

[10:18:34 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Numcommands=2, last=0, prev=0 target=0, Message=

[10:18:34 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Size of connections=6 logins=1, redirs=0 exceptions=0

[10:18:34 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down at:

java.lang.Exception

at com.wurmonline.server.Server.shutDown$1(Server.java:3633)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$8$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:232)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:344)

at com.wurmonline.server.Server.shutDown(Server.java)

at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:2534)

at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)

What do you mean with?

A player was moving her friend to my servers...

He....mom

er hat ihn einfach zu uns gebracht =)

Eject

(i am at real work, its a lot to do here and the problem with the server, i was writing to fast ;) )

Edited by Eject

Just now, Eject said:

He....mom

er hat ihn einfach zu uns gebracht =)

Eject

My question was more like what was the technical background behind? You just can't say well that player now plays here with all the skills the player had on another server.

the new player is now playing some days without problems, he traveld from the login server to a neighbour server found a deed...all is ok until here. Than he was killed by a mob, a this time the problems began.

Always if he try to connect to my server, the neighbour server where the corpse is, is shutting down and restarting.

Eject

Please provide the full logs around the crash. Also include the restarts and so on. The more logs you provide the easier this can be solved.

After this log, the server is normal starting, but yeah i can copy the full log at pastebin

Eject

9 hours ago, Eject said:

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$8$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:232)

at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:344)

Could it have to do with this message in the log while server is shutting down?

Eject

3 hours ago, Eject said:

Could it have to do with this message in the log while server is shutting down?

Eject

Well currently I would say that a mod is causing the problem, but without seeing more logs I can't really say anything.

found it out

i use the deedmod, if a player set the deedsize more than allowed from the mod,  the deed get a size from -1 -1 and its shrinked at one tile

if the player dies and try to respawn at the "wrong" deed, he crashed the server.

Eject

Yes that is possible.

The server crashes because it can not calculate a Spawn point on the said deed. What a dirty Mod.