Sign in to follow this  
Middi

Remove Mine Reinforcement with Crowbar

Is there a specific instance this is needed? Maybe opening a tunnel and getting messages that would require mining out multiple tiles and collapsing them again? I guess I am not understanding the need.

as far as im concerned this is a minor QoL request.
Only once have i accidentally mined a removed reinforcement tile, a clumbsy mistake. had to get it collapsed again. 
As for knowing that it'll only take one action to remove the tile thus considering it `weak` or `vulnerable`.. well that's pretty much just in the head unless you have a mine full of newbies... 
I'm a little confused tho.. surely if u need to remove a reinforcement, it's so that you can shape the rock around it..especially useful when mining alongside a paved tile.

Spoiler

(the +1/-1 outcome variance has a habit of causing a slope on a previously flat reinforced tile, which shouldn't happen but does, i reported it as a bug a while back but it still occurs, almost as annoying as the flat ceiling turning into a not flat ceiling if u auto-level a ceiling in front of you that's higher than the ceiling you're under, a common mistake because we can't see slope figures on ceilings)

however, when done u simply re-reinforce it. Then it's no longer weak or vulnerable.
I can only imagine the motivation for this suggestion thread is for the sake of carelessness. one too many actions and the tile is gone..
But. . `The wall is about to break` gives ample warning. 

Continuity;
Mayors can already remove reinforcements with one action (with a pick axe), on floors..imho the same `should` be applied to walls.
+1
(I tested this off deed, I was able to remove a floor reinforcement with one action, im not sure whether it's because i laid the reinforcement in the first place, or if anyone can do it, i hope it's the former)

Edited by Steveleeb

Two sides to this for me:

1) With the age of all PVP servers now if you decide to redeed an area that had a deed at one time you may decide to redo the entire mine, perhaps go from one large mine to multiple small ones. Would be very nice to be able to signficantly reduce the time needing cleaning-up what others left behind so that you can actually get to work building what you need to survive. +1 to the idea for this reason

2) Safe mines are essential especially for smaller, more vulnerable kingdoms that live in the shadow of the big bad ones with constant threat of attack looming over them especially if the big bad kingdom also likes to practice scorched earth where they take everything they can whether they need it or not. Any changes to reinforcements are especially important because mistakes lead to "not working as expected" which usually means stolen stuff in some easier way. -1 for this reason

Many people ask why it's needed.

EXAMPLE: You want to lower floor in reinforced corridor.

To do this you must remove reinforcment form floor AND walls.

But when removing from walls you need to make ~ 50 actions + a chance that you gonna remove tile completely wich leads you to have a priest collapsing it WICH is a lot of trouble just for lowering the floor.

Especially when you don't have an access to that kind of priest.

This is simple as that, and yet over half topic some people wonder why it's needed.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Wilczan said:

Many people ask why it's needed.

EXAMPLE: You want to lower floor in reinforced corridor.

But when removing from walls you need to make ~ 50 actions + a chance that you gonna remove tile completely wich leads you to have a priest collapsing it WICH is a lot of trouble just for lowering the floor.

Especially when you don't have an access to that kind of priest.

This is simple as that, and yet over half topic some people wonder why it's needed.

To expand on this scenario a little, you accidentally remove the cave wall and on the other side of the tile there is mine tunnel running along side that is at a different height, in this example lest say its higher, the cave floor pulls down to the level of the lowest tile when the cave wall breaks and therefore you end up having to collapse 4 tiles and mine out 3 to repair the damage. So that mistake turns into a 30-45 minute repair job.

13 hours ago, Nappy said:

Two sides to this for me:

1) With the age of all PVP servers now if you decide to redeed an area that had a deed at one time you may decide to redo the entire mine, perhaps go from one large mine to multiple small ones. Would be very nice to be able to signficantly reduce the time needing cleaning-up what others left behind so that you can actually get to work building what you need to survive. +1 to the idea for this reason

2) Safe mines are essential especially for smaller, more vulnerable kingdoms that live in the shadow of the big bad ones with constant threat of attack looming over them especially if the big bad kingdom also likes to practice scorched earth where they take everything they can whether they need it or not. Any changes to reinforcements are especially important because mistakes lead to "not working as expected" which usually means stolen stuff in some easier way. -1 for this reason

On side one, this scenario is becoming more common as the map is littered with old ruins that people want to re-purpose.

On side two, people are naturally resistant to change sure, but I would point to all the current deed permissions that are working as expected, I'm sure the devs could deliver a new deed permission successfully.

Another scenario is deed resizing, movement of deed borders, you may want to remove mine support prior to them being off deed to allow for mine work in that area beyond that point.

For me its all about enhanced game experience, it is miserable work mining out hundreds of supports, collecting or discarding the shards and repairing mistakes, this change would make the experience a lot more palatable.

Edited by Middi
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Wilczan said:

Reinforced walls have never prevented mining down floors, or raising them.

• Like 1

-1, just mine the tile, if you don't like that try disintergrating for hours and hours, you'll soon like the mining tile option.

Also -1 to keeping a reinforcement after you remove it. 

• Like 1

I use WA to make a "Ding" sound when the message pops up saying the wall will soon break.  But I've accidentally mined out walls when removing reinforcements MANY times.  It would be a huge improvement to do the crowbar to remove in one action.

+1 PLEASE.

Not sure why people want to make simple jobs in this game take a long time.  If one action is too fast for you (Jake), I suggest using an egg timer to make your life have extra meaning.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Reinforced walls have never prevented mining down floors, or raising them.

My bad then. Was convinced that once when I ried it it says that I need to remove reinforcements on the walls. Must have mistaken something.

• Like 1

They can prevent surface mining and is the only legit reason why you would need to temporarily remove them.

Instead of afk mining them out pay attention.

You know this would lead to people dropping deeds just to clean out reinforced mine systems.

19 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

You know this would lead to people dropping deeds just to clean out reinforced mine systems.

You could do that now

Edit: not sure who wants to though just for the sake of cleaning?

Edited by Middi

1 hour ago, Middi said:

You could do that now

Edit: not sure who wants to though just for the sake of cleaning?

You can drop a deed and spend 50 actions to mine out each tile no one is going to bother doing this.

Or use a crowbar to salvage beams in one stroke?

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

You can drop a deed and spend 50 actions to mine out each tile no one is going to bother doing this.

Or use a crowbar to salvage beams in one stroke?

I can see that happening with the number of deserted deeds having large quantities of reinforced cave walls but...

On 16/11/2017 at 3:06 AM, Middi said:

No one asked to salvage reinforcements or remove cave walls with a crowbar...

Simply asking to be able to remove reinforcements with a crowbar on deed for ease of rework and also without depleting the number of mining actions that remain in the cave wall.

I would rather the event say the support is rotten and cannot be salvaged or something to that effect.

On 11/17/2017 at 2:06 PM, armyskin said:

So is there an instance this is needed?

Needed?  Not sure, but it would be nice (as mayor).

There's some really strangely screwed up mines and entrances out there. :P

+1

This would cause a plethora of problems on pvp servers. I could drop a deed on a strongwalled tunnel, mine it clean, re route it, and be done in less than 10 minutes.

...actually... I would love to exploit this. I know of at least one tunnel network I could exploit and cut off JKC from as they go to defend deeds. Yes... Can we have this?

+1