Sign in to follow this  
Middi

Remove Mine Reinforcement with Crowbar

As a mayor or with the right deed permissions allow the removal of mine reinforcements in one action  using a crowbar.

Edit: currently you have to mine 40+ actions leaving a weak vulnerable cave wall that needs removing and collapsing.

Removing the reinforcement using a crowbar would not deplete the number of actions remaining in the cave wall.

Edited by Middi
  • Like 7

The tile already is weak and prone to collapsing without the reinforcements, not sure what the point is.

1+. lets be able to use tools to "work smart, not more"

still missing out why its even necessary to be able to remove a mine reinforcement with a crowbar rather than spending 50 actions to remove it with a pick on deed

On 13/11/2017 at 9:24 PM, JakeRivers said:

still missing out why its even necessary to be able to remove a mine reinforcement with a crowbar rather than spending 50 actions to remove it with a pick on deed

How is this different to the change for mine door, you no longer have to perform multiple actions to bash vastly reducing the time required to remove a door?

Imagine you have extensive reinforcement under your deed and you want to reconfigure the entire tunnel network or boat cave for whatever reason, let’s say for example you have 500 reinforcement that need to come out for this to happen, now do the maths on time and actions, now tell me who wouldn’t want this change?

I’m sure it would inspire many remodelling projects.

• Like 1

If 1 action for installing reinforcement

so also should be 1 action for removing it (at least for mayor)

• Like 1

So the point is not to easily remove reinforcements but to save reinforcements, which was not explained in this post.

With that thought then we should be able to save the bricks and mortar from building walls with the crowbar as well, that way no one ever has to make something again.

Run low on reinforcements? Just drop a deed over a old mine and crowbar away!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

So the point is not to easily remove reinforcements but to save reinforcements, which was not explained in this post.

With that thought then we should be able to save the bricks and mortar from building walls with the crowbar as well, that way no one ever has to make something again.

Run low on reinforcements? Just drop a deed over a old mine and crowbar away!

What? How? Where?

Remove = destroy = make normal tile

So I still don't get it then, what are you guys asking for? Mine out a tile with one crowbar action? That is silly.

I see no reason why you would want to be able to remove a mine reinforcement unless you are going to mine out that tile, if the point is to mine out the tile then all you need to do is swing the pickaxe what other reason would you want to remove a reinforcement beam on a wall?

5 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

So I still don't get it then, what are you guys asking for? Mine out a tile with one crowbar action? That is silly.

I see no reason why you would want to be able to remove a mine reinforcement unless you are going to mine out that tile, if the point is to mine out the tile then all you need to do is swing the pickaxe what other reason would you want to remove a reinforcement beam on a wall?

Good point. 50 swings of a pick vs 50 swings of a pick + 1 more action with a crowbar.

This is getting off point, Jake please stop posting horse sh*t in this thread.

No one asked to salvage reinforcements or remove cave walls with a crowbar...

Simply asking to be able to remove reinforcements with a crowbar on deed for ease of rework and also without depleting the number of mining actions that remain in the cave wall.

Sorry if you can't find any benefit in it for you but a lot of people would be very happy with this improvement.

Edit: and the point is not to remove the cave wall, only the reinforcement

Edited by Middi

2 hours ago, Middi said:

Edit: and the point is not to remove the cave wall, only the reinforcement

What is the point of removing the reinforcement and not the cave wall?

Actually thinking about it, I do like the idea of salvaging the reinforcement beams from cave walls on deed, I do hate making them.

But back to the question what is the point of removing the reinforcement if you are not going to remove the wall? Just to allow natural collapses to happen?

Edited by JakeRivers

But back to the question what is the point of removing the reinforcement if you are not going to remove the wall? Just to allow natural collapses to happen?

or just changing it to a different one? like removing stone brick reinforcement and replacing it with marble bricks, or slate. ect

+1

Had to remove alot of reinforcements from an old mine system and me and my friends kept accidently mining out the tile instead of just taking off the support beam from the rock. Which mean we had to then so strongwall casts and replace the walls. Turning a reinforced tile into a rock tile with a crowbar ondeed - this is a great suggestion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

What is the point of removing the reinforcement and not the cave wall?

Actually thinking about it, I do like the idea of salvaging the reinforcement beams from cave walls on deed, I do hate making them.

What are you talking about, a cave wall is going to collapse on a on top of a cave wall that already exist? That is silly

And what do natural collapses have to do with removing cave wall reinforcements?

If you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation stop posting Jake, this topic obviously isn’t for you. Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but please stay on point.

To answer your question, you need to be able to remove reinforcements to allow for rework both above and below ground and as Iberis commented it is annoying every time you accidentally mine out a cave wall when you just wanted to remove the reinforcement adding an additional 3 minutes to the task each time it happens.

Tell my why you think 50 actions makes sense to perform this task? You groom the horse, do we need to make it 50 actions to allow for each stroke of the brush? What benefit does that bring to the game experience?

Edited by Middi

So you all are not talking about removing reinforcements at all, just removing wall cladding, which is 2 different things.

So you all are not talking about removing reinforcements at all, just removing wall cladding, which is 2 different things.

Cave wall reinforcement, cladding is already removable with a crowbar I believe.

Here are the wiki links as you seem to be struggling with this

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Reinforced_cave_wall

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Support_beam

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Middi said:

What are you talking about, a cave wall is going to collapse on a on top of a cave wall that already exist? That is silly

And what do natural collapses have to do with removing cave wall reinforcements?

If you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation stop posting Jake, this topic obviously isn’t for you. Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but please stay on point.

To answer your question, you need to be able to remove reinforcements to allow for rework both above and below ground and as Iberis commented it is annoying every time you accidentally mine out a cave wall when you just wanted to remove the reinforcement adding an additional 3 minutes to the task each time it happens.

Tell my why you think 50 actions makes sense to perform this task? You groom the horse, do we need to make it 50 actions to allow for each stroke of the brush? What benefit does that bring to the game experience?

He's trying to understand the reason why someone would remove a mine support without also mining the tile the support was reinforcing. He speculated that perhaps the reason was because someone wanted to encourage natural mine collapses in an area where the supports are preventing them (mine reinforcements have EVERYTHING to do with natural collapses since they are designed to prevent them).

Are you saying you can't surface mine on a tile that has been reinforced? I've never tried so I have no idea.

If people really do want to remove supports without mining the tile then I agree a single action with a crowbar is reasonable.

37 minutes ago, Cunk said:

He's trying to understand the reason why someone would remove a mine support without also mining the tile the support was reinforcing. He speculated that perhaps the reason was because someone wanted to encourage natural mine collapses in an area where the supports are preventing them (mine reinforcements have EVERYTHING to do with natural collapses since they are designed to prevent them).

Are you saying you can't surface mine on a tile that has been reinforced? I've never tried so I have no idea.

If people really do want to remove supports without mining the tile then I agree a single action with a crowbar is reasonable.

Mine supports may be about preventing collapses on a pve server but they also serve to prevent the enemy from entering your cave system or boat mine with relative ease on a pvp server, I would have thought Jakes experience of pvp servers would give him some perspective on that.

Edit: they are also used to create panic rooms or safe mines where you would have enough time to log out before the enemy can penetrate the space.

The problem form the surface is you cannot tunnel a tile that has a mine support applied to the cave wall below.

Edited by Middi

So essentially you want a method to have an instant door you can open and close that is more effective than a mine door.

So now we have the true reason for your request and for pvp purposes I would give a huge -1 to this idea.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

So essentially you want a method to have an instant door you can open and close that is more effective than a mine door.

So now we have the true reason for your request and for pvp purposes I would give a huge -1 to this idea.

Whats up buddy, missing the real pvp, trying to get some excitement through trolling on the forums... 

No no, I should put my big boy hat on.

I see how you twisted that but I don't think you thought it through as you would have to remove the reinforcement, 1 action, then perform 51 actions to mine out the cave wall, collapse the tile using a shaker orb (instant) and then re-apply a reinforcement or cast strongwall (3 minute cast) t.. not exactly an instant door and how is that any different to mining out the reinforcement and cave wall that currently take 41-45 actions then collapsing and re-applying a mine reinforcement.

If you wanted to remove any chance of abuse to evade the enemy then put in a check that does not allow the action to be performed in the presence of an enemy.

The current safe mine works by collapsing the entry tile either using a shaker orb that costs 5s or if you have time casting strongwall that take 3 minutes then reinforcing the tile either with a mine support or strongwall again if you have the time and no support. So this change would not effect how that works.

I'll put this back in.. If you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation stop posting Jake, this topic obviously isn’t for you 

Edited by Middi