Sign in to follow this  
Eject

Prune DB

Hello

I have 2400 chars in the database and started pruneDB from the ini file.

Is it correct that the server clean the db while running? it is now working 2 hours, i am sure i can see it with these messages

INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Elapsed time (2068ms) for this loop was more than 1 second so adding it to the lag count

..that i get several times (near 600 atm), sometimes i see a message that a deed is disbanded because a player is deleted.

How long do you think the server are working with player pruning? It seems it is hard working ^^ the server is also deleting creatornames on items and so?

Eject

Edited by Eject

It doesn't delete creator tags AFAIK.

What it does is, for players that haven't logged for 84 days and played less than 1 day total, it will remove the player from villages (and disband if he was the mayor, deletes all the items in their inventory, removes them from mission tracking stuff, deletes their skills, wounds, friend and ignore lists, titles, ip history and probably something else that i've missed :P

Also for players that haven't logged for 15 days it will move their inventory content from normal items table into frozenitems table.

It will process one player every 3 seconds, so it should have been done in about 2 hours for you (but it might take longer if the server is lagging).

Also honestly, i really don't know why would you do it, the impact on the DB and load is minuscule and it's a great way to piss off returning players that might come back after a few months break to discover that not only their deed and all their stuff is gone, but so is their character.

Edited by bdew

oh, ok so the server have a lot to do

i started it because my lags i have since weeks and i was not able to find the reason

wurmwiki says, just players they have less than one day playtime and not logged in 3 months will be deleted, thats ok for me, now i have shrinked the db from 2400 down to 900 =)

The deleted players with less than one hour playtime can come back and create a new char, at the same time 15 deeds are disbanded, deed with nothing on it and useless for the playerbase

my server needs now 4 hours until the end of the procedure, the lags are less but sometime there is still a big lag with 4 minutes, i have no idea what i can do now :(

Eject

Edited by Eject

Now I have decided for a dedicated server and will start it at wednesday =)

I assume u mean a dedicated log in server?

Edited by bigsteve

Hey steve, i dont know waht you mean with a dedicated log in server

Its not a virtual server, i am alone at the machine

Eject

Edited by Eject

By dedicated, it only handles logins and other major database stuff. No player plays on it only there for character creation and then u teleport to the play server,

Just like golden valley.

Have you ever wondered why WO is set up as it is. This is why. the more players you have on your login server, the harder it has to work, doing what players do on the server AND managing all the other attched servers.

hmm ok

its just one machine with my maps, one of them is a login map

no other customer on this machine, i dont know how i should call it.

Eject