Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Retrograde

W.S.A. Epic to Freedom transfers and adjustments

4 posts in this topic

During today's update we performed the one time skill transfers from Epic to Freedom. During that transfer, it appears some accounts may not have copied correctly. The majority of cases were corrected in subsequent downtime, but there may be a few edge cases in which a skill did not copy across.

If this affects you, please log a support ticket, and we will arrange for an Arch GM to correct it.

This may take some time depending on the amount of players affected, but we will work on addressing everyone's issues ASAP.

Please note, this only affects you if your Freedom skill is affected.

2 people like this

I am going to modify this a little.

I'm working on a fix, rather than have the GM team correct them all by hand.

Current issues found thanks to your help:

Freedom skills are less than they were.

This is the result of skills that were very close between Epic and Freedom. I inadvertently used the new calculated Epic value instead of the Freedom value. I know the cause of this and have a plan to fix everyone affected during a future downtime. You do not need to log support tickets now for this issue. It will be corrected.

Stats have been reset after going to Freedom or Epic

The important part of this so far is it's just stats that appear to be affected. I do not know the cause yet, so please feel free to submit a ticket for this. If you are certain this has happened to more than just stats, please indicate that on the ticket. 

Update: So for stats, I'm finding it's first-time transfers doing this. So if you've never been to Epic or Freedom before, it seems to be blanking out your stats. I do not have a fix yet, but please be aware of this. If you've been between both clusters before, you should be fine and not lose any stats. If you still lose stats and you know you've been between clusters, please indicate that in your ticket.

I brought a reduced skill back from Freedom to Epic

This is another one that I have not found a cause for yet. Please log tickets and make sure to include what servers on their respected clusters you traveled between. Also include the skills you notice are lower. You do not need to include values as I have snapshots of everything and can verify what you had so long as you include the server names.

If you notice anything that does not fit these descriptions, please both PM me on the forums and submit a ticket so I can easily find your affected character. Remember: Server and skill names are important. Values can be omitted. You can submit notes against a ticket if you need more space. 

Lastly you may not get a reply regarding your ticket. I've been assigning them to my Dev account in-game (Rizi) and keeping them open for tracking purposes. I will reply if I need information, but seeing as this is affecting at least a dozen people so far, I do expect to be fixing everyone at the same time. When the patch is ready and released, I will close the tickets.

Thank you for your patience. I know this isn't as smooth as I had hoped and I know that it can be disappointing to be hindered by these issues, but I am working on this as quickly as possible.

Edited by Keenan
Update: Cause found for stats
10 people like this

Update!

We are aiming for an update late Tuesday the 14th to address these skill issues. We should be able to fix everyone up without much fuss. I'm still testing the fix for Freedom skills having been reduced as I want to ensure that anyone who has gained skill over the last day has that gain applied to the amount. This is why it's not going to be first thing in the morning.

As for stats, these will likely be just a matter of reverting to the original higher value rather than the reset 19.5 values.

The same goes for reduced skills brought back from Freedom. It should load the higher Epic skill after the restart, but any gains made will not be applied.

2 people like this

Post-patch Update

Hi all,

The fix yesterday seems to have resolved issues for most people. I've gone through all open tickets and I do see some residual edge cases that I am investigating after fixing the skills. These do seem to be edge cases, meaning they're not likely to affect a lot of people.

If you notice weirdness with skills, please submit a ticket as I said before. Servers are important if you're going between the clusters. Skill names help. Please be aware that you may not get a reply right away on these tickets. I will be checking often and pulling the information for research.

Thank you

2 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0