Sign in to follow this  
Mithlar

Emerald Expanse (New! 10/25) 8x8 PVE map

A PVE Server for dedicated Wurm Players

Emerald Expanse is a 64 KM (8192x8192) CUSTOM MAP PVE world available for your exploration. No map is available (presently) in order to encourage exploration and discovery of geographic "easter eggs".  I spent a lot of time creating the map and it's very unique with rivers, lakes, high mountains and mountain passes.......  working on creating quests, additional tweaks to the map.  Active GM.

2x skill and action timers
Deed costs ON
No NPC traders (encourages trading)

Steam group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/EmExp

Discord:

https://discord.gg/FbNgg3

Mods:
Announcer: Server-wide player login announcement
BagOfHolding: magicly increase the size of containers
BetterDig: Allows digging while mounted; dirt to ground
Bountymod: coin for killing creatures (bred animals disabled)
CreatureAgeMod: Animals grow up faster
CropMod: Prevent crops from overgrowing
HarvestHelper: Get exact season start times
Hitchingpost: Allows hitching animals to dedicated object
InbreedWarning: Receive a warning when breeding related animals
SpellMod: Gives priests all spells and removes priest restrictions
TreasureMapmod: Allows you to hunt for treasure!

Edited by Mithlar
add missing info

Server has good people. Most run off quickly to claim their land.  Good group playing so far.

Best map i've seen in any Wurm server before. A lot of effort went in to crafting it in to something believable instead of the usual 'generated' look.

Also plenty of nice players who will help and welcome people of all experience levels. The map is huge too, so plenty of space to go set up away from humanity if you prefer... ;)

I just wanted to chime in to say how awesome this server. I am spoiled now by the custom map. It will be hard for me to go back to other servers because of how natural and beautiful the terrain is here. In addition there are some very friendly and helpful players. Algorian dropped what he was doing to make some healing covers for me after I barely survived a troll attack. Another player named Forester went halfway across the map (which is huge) just to plant a willow tree by my house for me.

When you get to the starting town, you will be deep in some woods. Head to the south down the dirt path to find some great lakefront views. Head up the north highway for some great ocean views.

(I am "Sigmund" on the server)

8k servers are very huge. You really need to make a map available. 

I wish Servers that seem totally abandoned were removed from the Wurm Servers list. I have been to umpteen servers, and the majority of them never have anyone online, and forum [posts are months, if not a year or more old.  It's hard enough finding the right server, without having to ascertain on landing whether or not the server is a ghost town :(

Edited to add- many of the discord links are no longer valid either. 

Edited by MoonTsu
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, MoonTsu said:

I wish Servers that seem totally abandoned were removed from the Wurm Servers list. I have been to umpteen servers, and the majority of them never have anyone online, and forum [posts are months, if not a year or more old.

You can sort by population. Some servers are very 'quiet' and  some do not update their online posts if nothing much "newsworthy" is happening.

The rule of thumb I use is:

• Sort the wurm launcher by population
  • Check the first page ranking on wurm-online.net
  • Check "first page" of server listings on WO & Steam forums.

If a server is truly "dead" then it won't show up in any of those and you'll have easily avoided them.  There is no mechanic for removing servers simply for being "too quiet" ... if they are truly deserted, they are most likely to stop being hosted and disappear on their own. Some also are only "active" at odd periods if they cater to  specific timezones. Some people will never talk in global chat no matter how hard you try for a reaction. In some cases, they may not be confident in their English, as some english speakers can be intolerant of anyone who is not fluent. Some are servers where people actually WANT to play "mostly solo" but have a hard time working out how to host their own singleplayer offline server, so the 'ghosttown' server cans work well for them.

There are enough strategies for you to avoid servers that don't meet your minimum requirements of activity, that we don;t really need to "punish" the ones that are "too dead" for your tastes.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

On 6/7/2019 at 12:49 PM, Brash_Endeavors said:

You can sort by population.

?  I'm not seeing that option, nor in "Custom".

2p461JT.jpg

3 hours ago, Batta said:

?  I'm not seeing that option, nor in "Custom".

You can't sort for that in the forums.

Brash was likely talking about using the WU launcher and sort by Players in the Internet tab

As Brash stated before

On 6/7/2019 at 9:49 PM, Brash_Endeavors said:

The rule of thumb I use is:

• Sort the wurm launcher by population
  • Check the first page ranking on wurm-online.net
  • Check "first page" of server listings on WO & Steam forums. 

• Like 1

I gotta say this is pretty good map you got there, i hardly see anyone manage to plot a deed and very few wreckage. I do like it, look more nature environment. I think i give this one a try, what bother me is how long this server going to run? I only seen one or two players around yesterday while i was boating around. Found a unlocked rowboat, been looking for a suitable spot for my elf here. So i was hoping this server doesnt get a wipe or shutdown. I tried to stick around in WO, just too messy and ugly in most places.

Great job on the map!

i cant say how long it will be around.  but it has been up for almost 2 years.  and thats something.     i play a guy here, but have been offline for a couple weeks.

Well i found a place i like to settle, but unfort there a restriction that you have to do it within 50 tiles to the nearest settlement. No wonder hardly anyone playing this? Infact i saw some players way out of nowhere and how in hell they manage to do that? I been boating around looking for a sweet spot, look like i have wasted my time doing so. So this elf doesnt like being around civilized areas, she want to be out in the wilderness a way from people, esp humans.

So gonna look for another server to hop one, too bad this didnt turn out as i though it would be.

You have to build a tower first b4 you deed outside of kingdom.     any server with multi kingdoms has that same thing.   

I've been playing on this for a few days now. It would be nice to add a handful of mods. Like checking your bank balance from the character window. With this huge map free deeds with paying upkeep would be good. Maybe limit the deed size to something like 151x151 tiles. Faster cart and boat speed. A portal in each corner of the map. Some other things would help draw people too. 

After playing here for a few days I find this server is typically down for long periods of time. Not much fun with that. 😛

This is an interesting server/world, gonna give this one a try. Sadly i wasnt happy how things are setup for WO, needed help over there and they refuse to help me.

Curious, how long will this server go on for? Need any help to keep this running?

@Hanel, if you bring up your character window, right click on your body, you can check your balance in the bank from there. Now the ping or lag problems, that can be many things. Check your ISP, what kinda connection you have, using a router and also depend on where you are located. I believe the server of this map is location on EST or East Coast of USA.

Been seeing this map/server up and down on the list and wondering what is going on in there? I made like three or four characters for the last two years, for some reasons i cant crawl back in there cause its not stable or even online most of the time.

Is there a way i can grab this map? Setup as my own, i could let Pingperfect run it if i have to.