Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 12/11/17

Epic to Freedom Skill Transfers

A one time transfer for all Epic accounts skills as of the 2nd of November to Freedom will be performed during this update.
We will be applying a calculation to remove the 2x skillgain and reduce Epic skills to an estimated Freedom equivalent. Freedom skills will then have their highest value set to equal to the original Epic skill and give a 3x multiplier until that is reached on Freedom.

NOTE: THIS ONLY APPLIES IF YOUR PRE-ADJUSTED EPIC SKILL IS HIGHER THAN YOUR FREEDOM SKILL. IF YOUR FREEDOM SKILL IS HIGHER THAN YOUR PRE-ADJUSTED EPIC SKILL IT WILL NOT CROSS.

• Characteristics and Meditation skills will cross at a 1:1 ratio.
  • Faith, Favour, and Alignment will not cross at all.

For more information on the process behind the transfers, please read:
https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/158305-some-epic-things/

Additionally, all premium accounts affected by this transfer will have their premium extended by 10 days to account for the delay in processing this transfer.

General changes

• Added “May plant” permission to village roles.
  • Placing a wagoner container now requires May plant” permission.
  • Placing a wagoner will now require “May place merchants” permission.

Bug Fixes:

• Bugfix: Various text fixes.
  • Bugfix: Rounded stone bridge icons now have correct images.
  • Bugfix: The chocolate milk recipe should no longer be shown as a sub recipe when cow milk is required.
  • Bugfix: Building over planted items underground should give you the take option as it does above ground.
  • Bugfix: Action bar will now correctly identify what you are gathering (kelp, reed or grass) based on the tile type.
  • Bugfix: Fixed error message when viewing history of branded animals via right click permissions.
  • Bugfix: Pulp and paper now indicate the correct woodtype.

Client fixes:

• Fixed rain occlusion related crash on some Linux GPU drivers.
  • Rain occlusion is now linked to Detailed Weather option in settings.
  • Addressed an issue where mine doors occassionally appeared flat.
  • General performance improvements.
  • Addressed memory issues with other players in local.
  • Like 5

so  does this mean that since ive never done epic  if i go  i have no skills on epic?  or am i reading this wrong   NOTE: THIS ONLY APPLIES IF YOUR PRE-ADJUSTED EPIC SKILL IS HIGHER THAN YOUR FREEDOM SKILL. IF YOUR FREEDOM SKILL IS HIGHER THAN YOUR PRE-ADJUSTED EPIC SKILL IT WILL NOT CROSS.

@melloit is regarding the epic-> freedom skill transfer.

You get your freedom skills 1:1 when you go to epic

I'm also confused about all these freedom->epic->freedom transfers..

So i understand that from epic to freedom is a one time transfer.. but we also have a transfer from freedom to epic.. is that also a one time ? or our epic skills get updated every time we use the portal and get updated to the highest freedom skills ?

1 minute ago, faty said:

I'm also confused about all these freedom->epic->freedom transfers..

So i understand that from epic to freedom is a one time transfer.. but we also have a transfer from freedom to epic.. is that also a one time ? or our epic skills get updated every time we use the portal and get updated to the highest freedom skills ?

The Epic to Freedom is a one time transfer of skills only, the Freedom to Epic skill transfer works every time the player transfers to Epic, so yes, skills are updated every time a freedom player steps through the portal to Epic, unless those skills on Epic character are subject to the 3x modifier from deaths.

Epic skills will only be updated once, based on the Epic players skills at 2nd November, so skillgains since then will not transfer at all from Epic to Freedom at all.

7 minutes ago, Zenity said:

The Epic to Freedom is a one time transfer of skills only, the Freedom to Epic skill transfer works every time the player transfers to Epic, so yes, skills are updated every time a freedom player steps through the portal to Epic, unless those skills on Epic character are subject to the 3x modifier from deaths.

Epic skills will only be updated once, based on the Epic players skills at 2nd November, so skillgains since then will not transfer at all from Epic to Freedom at all.

Thank you for clearing that up.. that's actually a very good news.. because most pve-ers are lacking in pvp skills they would have probably waited a few months to grind some stuff before doing the epic switch.. but if they get updated every time, then I can probably try and explore epic tonight :) Awesome news.. thanks

/me starts building an epic portal

... once the servers get back up.. <_<

Edited by faty
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zenity said:

Hmmm, seems unbalanced that epic players who skill on epic can die and lose skills however people who skill up on Freedom can die on epic, lose skills and then regain their loses simply by doing a return trip via the portals. Then again the only loss we are talking about from a pvp death is fight skill so not really a big deal to me I guess.

Not talking about the one time free time --> epic transfer where new players arriving from freedom can bring their skills with them, absolutely no issue with that at all.

Edited by Nappy
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nappy said:

Hmmm, seems unbalanced that epic players who skill on epic can die and lose skills however people who skill up on Freedom can die on epic, lose skills and then regain their loses simply by doing a return trip via the portals. Then again the only loss we are talking about from a pvp death is fight skill so not really a big deal to me I guess.

Not talking about the one time free time --> epic transfer where new players arriving from freedom can bring their skills with them, absolutely no issue with that at all.

It does seem a bit odd.. at a first glance I can see people grinding skills on freedom, away from any danger, and going to epic only for pvp.. The only time you have to grind skills on epic is when you lose FS 3x or when you die from other causes and lose other skills as well and want to get them back so you can override them with the freedom skills.. 

So epic becomes almost the 'hunting server' that people were asking for, but with pvp as well :).. and no skill gains for freedom accounts

Edited by faty

1 minute ago, faty said:

It does seem a bit odd.. at a first glance I can see people grinding skills on freedom, away from any danger, and going to epic only for pvp.. The only time you have to grind skills on epic is when you lose FS 3x or when you die from other causes and lose other skills as well and want to get them back so you can override them with the freedom skills..

True however being fair about it, the change allows more Freedom people to try Epic while preserving their skills and being allowed to be on epic with their actual character fully skilled. I think that was a major limiting factor in the past for people from freedom trying epic so it's likely well worth it if people start playing epic too.

Should be one time transfer both ways. This will only benefit grinding on freedom, since you can bring the skills back to epic and not the other way around. Where do you think all players are gonna be? This is a pvp killer, the numbers were looking good with this update.

Having to grind the skills only once is a very nice update imo, and the only reason i never went to Epic

• Like 1

This system was what lured me into Epic. I would never do the grind again, and also I have no intention to further grind two times. Yes, this system will encourage skilling on Freedom and playing the pvp aspect on Epic, but this will also ensure that Freedom will not lose deeds and active players.

32 minutes ago, Nappy said:

if you have a 3x on a skill on epic it will not update on transfer until you remove it.

If you have 20 blacksmithing on epic, die and rop to 19.75, cross back to freedom, grind blacksmithing to 100, and go back to epic, it will be 19.75 until you remove the 3x and cross again. 

This is specifically to avoid jumping across to refresh. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

if you have a 3x on a skill on epic it will not update on transfer until you remove it.

If you have 20 blacksmithing on epic, die and rop to 19.75, cross back to freedom, grind blacksmithing to 100, and go back to epic, it will be 19.75 until you remove the 3x and cross again. 

This is specifically to avoid jumping across to refresh. 

Yes, but then you grind BS on epic back to 20, and when you jump again from freedom you will have the 100 right ?

So theoretically, you only have to grind the skills you have 3x on in case you want to override them with the freedom skills

Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just want to understand how the system works :)

Edited by faty

Yes, in order to get your freedom skill to copy over again you need to remove the 3x. 

Thanks for the update. Just out of curiosity, why did you put fighting through the formula? That particular skill has never been any different from freedom.

• Like 2

Out of curiosity, why drop more premium on former epic toons if we're supposedly all merged now?

52 minutes ago, Pingpong said:

Out of curiosity, why drop more premium on former epic toons if we're supposedly all merged now?

Because we are the master race.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrGARY said:

fs was reduced?  we were told it would be 1:1?

Actually I don't remember them saying that. It was so obvious to me that it would be 1:1 I didn't even ask.

• Like 2

so i have one toon that had :

freedom FC 51

epic FC 55

the epic is higher but reverse engineered is like 45 so now FC is 45 with a x3 instead of 51 with a x3

also FS was lowered without x3

i thought FS was getting copied 1 for 1 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this