Sign in to follow this  
Adambean

Can't equip horse: You are not allowed to do that.

I'm trying to equip a saddle and some horse shoes onto a settlement branded horse, but I'm getting "You are not allowed to do that." when trying to drag any of the equipment onto the horse's body. I've also tried taking care of one of the horses but that made no difference. Leading the horse first then trying to equip also makes no difference.

Not sure if relevant, but my server is PvP with epic enabled. We are in HOTS, but the horse is technically not. I did also see from other threads there was a bug in 2016 that needed to be fixed per-animal by a GM, but as that was for WO so no instructions for GMs running WU were provided. (If we need them? This world was started only 2 months ago on WU 1.5.3.1.)

I've not had this issue when trying to equip tower guards with mauls and shields. -- They gladly take them.

Edited by Adambean

51 minutes ago, Adambean said:

Ah really? The Wiki says tamed or branded, not both..

I never tried with branded alone, hmm not sure to be honest, as far as I know it needs to be tamed.

Yes you're right, taming it allowed me to attach equipment. (Looks like the wording in the Wiki is wrong slightly.)

You can do it branded only. I have never tamed any of my horses, but I  often brand them if I want to equip gear.   

However, it's possible that only the mayor or the specific person who branded the horse has permissions to change equipment. I know my alts with full alliance permissions, cannot change equipment. 

Also, i am pretty sure you cannot equip gear if they are hitched to a cart. 

I'm mayor of the settlement in question, and did the branding. The horses were also not hitched.

I'm wondering if PvP being on has something to do with this?

Well the branding is disabled on wurm online for adding/removing equipment on the pvp servers so quite possibly that same feature carries over to wu

Branding for easy equipment changes, renaming animals, the uncare and untame buttons in the animal management menu are things that are not available to the PvP servers in Wurm Online, though I'd lobbied for it to be fairly added to them for a few years.  Unfortunately if you want those 'perks' you'll have to make a PvE server.

Fair enough. -- Thanks for all your comments, perhaps for WU this is a possibility for a mod instead. I'm quite keen to keep PvP enabled largely due to the HOTS mycelium, and that if players want to fight they can, so for now I'll just tame the horses I want to attach equipment to. (Probably won't be more than 2 or 3 at a time.)

It only took 9 carrots to tame my favourite horse, but unfortunately when he became aggressive the first time I had a heavy large steel maul equipped. I accidentally smashed his foot real bad, and it's getting worse. (Bandage and healing cover applied, hopefully it gets better!)

Bruise (severe, bandaged, treated): 48.55 dmg

[17:02:39] You see splinters of crushed bone at the left thigh.

[17:02:39] It is covered with some healing plants (1).

:(

Edit: While writing this the dmg of this injury rose to 49.98...

Edited by Adambean
fren you doin me a sadface

Your healing cover potency is way too low for such hit (number (1) indicates the potency, where 25 is max). Try to combine tooth + gland, that should do the work. :) 

• Like 1

Ah okay, I'm sure I combined a heart + gland. Oh well, I think I've got a bucket of teeth somewhere, I'll try that.

Edit: [17:31:43] It is covered with some healing plants (21).

Looks better, thank you doctor. :)

Edit 2: Already down to 34.83 dmg, you're a good Wurm doctor. :D

Edit 3: Fully healed. <3

Edited by Adambean
  • Like 1

You could look into wyvernmods. Sindusk has code to enable equipping mounts with no need for even branding. Might need to modify a bit for your own use.

• Like 1

Oh wow, Wyvern's Mods look like a great addition to servers, not just for equipment permission adjustments. -- You're right that I would want to modify it so that branding is at least required, I wouldn't want to allow it to be totally open. (This isn't Minecraft after all. :)) I'll definitely check out that mod pack.