Sign in to follow this  
AJBlack

Ost-in-Edhil - The Elven Fortress on Xanadu

After getting bored of my quiet little starter deed, I decided to take on a larger scale project in this game. I've picked a spot on the highest mountain I could find in Xan, spent 13 tedious hours getting up there and finally dropped my deed yesterday. Just look at that awesome view! 

P.S. I shall be using this thread as a progress update on the deed development and to showcase what I consider Elven in Wurm!

fTwQdkN.jpg7AK7t2U.jpg7KRkkg2.jpgCElwkYq.jpg9gVrpp7.jpg

• Like 16

In order to gain access to rock, I've encountered special challenges at this location. While there is rock everywhere below, it's tough to access it without falling to one's doom, so I've started building a mine entrance:

e5wfphB.jpg

• Like 1

Nice, with a bit of surface mining you'll have a nice sheltered and hidden entrance. :)

I'm intrigued as to where on Xan you are, great views. :)

I like your plans and your big thinking.  It's a year or more of work to do what you're planning, so pace yourself and take breaks if necessary.  Getting a priest up there to cast Courier is going to be a huge challenge.  I'll be interested to know how you solve it, so please keep us updated on the Quest for a Mailbox!

• Like 1

actually the priest part is very doable if you pick the right type of priest. one with courier and refresh

• Like 1

Looks like a very nice (and also very ambitious) plan. Good luck with your project!

• Like 1

Just now, yetian said:

How are you getting on with the project? :)

It's going well. I'm spending a lot of time on it and starting to see some progress. I'll be doing an update video at the end of the month and after that I'll be doing update videos on the 1st of every month to keep track of my progress! Thank you for your interest in my project, it's amazing to have this kind of community around me :wub:

• Like 5

Good to hear. I have my own project, though not quite as ambitious, always interesting to see what others are up to. :)

I will leave the highway construction to your deed, up to you though. ;)

• Like 1

I also am curious to see what happens with your project, I happen to have fun ambling around on another mountain on Xan and am interested in how you bring the Elven style to Wurm! :) Good luck!

• Like 1

Here we are, almost 6 months after my first ideas for the deed, with the first update video! (And yes, I am still here xD)

• Like 6

I really like these post people do about their deeds.  Keep it up.

• Like 1

I think you're going to challenge me for my "ultimate hoarder" title if you continue like this :D 

• Like 1

Great job on the deed so far! I can't wait to see what it will look like when it's done. :)

• Like 1

On 5/7/2018 at 8:20 PM, Yldrania said:

I think you're going to challenge me for my "ultimate hoarder" title if you continue like this :D 

I've seen your place. Your title is safe.

• Like 2

Nice vid... May want to check you voice settings;( I had to turn my volume up  higher than to hear you decent. :) Keep at it

AJ what technique did you use to scale the mountain I am interested to know as I have limited mountain climbing experience due to that fact..

thanks and good luck on future endeavors... let us know when we can drop in or should I say ascend in...

• Like 1

On 5/19/2018 at 7:06 PM, Psalamon said:

AJ what technique did you use to scale the mountain I am interested to know as I have limited mountain climbing experience due to that fact..

thanks and good luck on future endeavors... let us know when we can drop in or should I say ascend in...

As the one who had to live with her through her 5 days of rage getting up the mountaintop, let me answer that for her: 

Day 1: 50 Deaths 

Day 2: 50 Deaths - nowhere near the mountaintop

Day 3: 50 Deaths - 8 hours of playing, 8 hours of dying, 8 hours of torturing Yldrania 

Day 4: A sh*tload of deaths - 5 hours of playing, then ragequitting after dying just a few tiles away from the top

Day 5: Some deaths - 17 hours of playing - Climbing up without any gear but a deed stake in a long, 13 hour single setting endeavour 

Why? - you may ask

Because I challenged her to play Wurm and her response was: if I manage to climb on this mountain I will stick around.

Now: AJBlack = Wurm Addict

Mission Accomplished

• Like 8

On 5/19/2018 at 7:06 PM, Psalamon said:

Unfortunately I have to say that Yldrania is quite right. It took me a long time to scout the mountain properly. There was a very steep slope and I had to create a few tiles via surface mining to stand on and regain stamina. But in the end it worked and I got mountain goat way before I reached the top. If you'd like, I can help you ascend any mountain you'd like to deed. I'd love to be able to be of assistance. 

• Like 1

Only 1 supreme lamp short of finishing the lighting for this future workshop's entrance!

8yCMajX.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks to @Wurmhole, who has allowed me to take over his deeds around the mountain a few months ago, I'm now able to stretch the project the entire way from the top of the mountain down to the shore - in the caves and on top of the mountainside. Probably years of work, but still going! :) (after a little break lol). Screenshots will follow soon! 

• Like 5

WORKSHOP PROGRESS

RbDkRzn.jpg

BREEDING PENS (and some hoarding issues)

eM9lmjc.jpg

TOKEN HOUSE PROGRESS

TiFtIV4.jpg

And an AMAZING winter view.

dDGnUiu.jpg

• Like 3