Sign in to follow this  
Batta

White catseyes on highways

I'm not sure what we're doing wrong with the highways. We have a 2-lane highway that turns into a 1-lane highway, in a perfectly straight line between two deeds, with gravel on each side of the pavement. Catseyes are placed at the exact center of each tile corner, along the straight line of the highway, and a waystone at either end. Both waystones are on deeds, and both deeds have given both permissions in their settlement settings. 

So what happens to magically light up the catseyes and put the deed names on the waystones?  Because nothing is happening with ours. Jut white catseyes and empty waystones.

From my understanding you can do 2 or 3 lane roads. One is not registered as a road.

2 hours ago, Jerone0601 said:

From my understanding you can do 2 or 3 lane roads. One is not registered as a road.

The highway doc says:

A highway is a 2-3 tile wide paved road that leads between two or more deeds. Single paved roads may be edged with gravel (which counts as paving).

Ours is 1 tile wide, at one point, but has gravel on each side

Edited by Batta

We are still hoping someone can offer an explanation or solution for this.  Anyone know why it's happening?

Edited by Batta

Are you connecting to a Waystone that is either on a deed or at Starter town?

2 hours ago, Araninke said:

Are you connecting to a Waystone that is either on a deed or at Starter town?

Yes, we have a waystone at each end that is on a deed.  Could the problem be that the road switches from 2-lane with gravel to 1-lane with gravel, between the waystones?  Maybe it's confusing the system?

Edited by Batta

Did you select the catseyes and make sure they protect the tiles you want protected from where they are placed? It can be tricky on 3-lane roads... they need to be along one side or the other depending on how the road is situated in order to protect all 3 tiles of it. Otherwise I'm not really sure what could be going wrong. Did you expand the deed over the waystone in order for it to be on deed? Iirc, that happened in my case and I had to replace and re-plant the waystone in order for it to be recognized.

On 11/15/2017 at 1:42 PM, Araninke said:

Did you select the catseyes and make sure they protect the tiles you want protected from where they are placed? It can be tricky on 3-lane roads... they need to be along one side or the other depending on how the road is situated in order to protect all 3 tiles of it. Otherwise I'm not really sure what could be going wrong. Did you expand the deed over the waystone in order for it to be on deed? Iirc, that happened in my case and I had to replace and re-plant the waystone in order for it to be recognized.

So now we have some white, some red, and some blue catseyes. I have right clicked each catseye and some of them give me the option to link to a direction, though it's usually some direction the road isn't even going. I'm pretty confused about how this works. I did read the document that went out, but didn't understand much of what I was reading.  Is there a step-by-step newbie guide to building a simple, perfectly straight highway?

I also haven't had any of the catseyes even give me the option of planting them. Is this needed?

Edited by Batta

10 hours ago, Batta said:

So now we have some white, some red, and some blue catseyes. I have right clicked each catseye and some of them give me the option to link to a direction, though it's usually some direction the road isn't even going. I'm pretty confused about how this works. I did read the document that went out, but didn't understand much of what I was reading.  Is there a step-by-step newbie guide to building a simple, perfectly straight highway?

I also haven't had any of the catseyes even give me the option of planting them. Is this needed?

Yes, they should be planted. Are you selecting them and then tile corner square in-between tile borders to plant them on?

On 2017-11-15 at 8:15 PM, Batta said:

Yes, we have a waystone at each end that is on a deed.  Could the problem be that the road switches from 2-lane with gravel to 1-lane with gravel, between the waystones?  Maybe it's confusing the system?

you can replace a catseye with a waystone and vice versa, so if you got one preferable 2 waystones extra.

Then from first deed that got a waystone, go to last catseye before 1 tile road start and change out that catseye to a waystone.

Go to first catseye after 1 tile road and change out that catseye to a waystone.

Now you got 4 waystone placed between all your catseyes and all should light green.

If it doesn't light green on the 1 tile road with  gravel on side game wont recognize it as a highway.

After this test you can replace those 2 waystone back to catseyes again.

Hope this help ypu solve if roads is right and you get green light on all eyes.

I also haven't had any of the catseyes even give me the option of planting them. Is this needed?.

How / what did you use to get them on road then ?

Yes both catseyes and waystones need to be planted 

Edited by Maiya

10 hours ago, Maiya said:

This is the same document I mentioned above that I didn't understand. 

My only option to get them onto the road is Drop, and then I move them to the middle of the corner tile. How do you plant them, if you get no Plant option?  I tried having a GM toon plant them by using the wand, but they still didn't light up.

When I right-click the catseyes, some of them give me no options, some give me Link option. The directions they offer to link to are often leading in a direction off the highway, where there is no pavement and no catseyes or waystones. Only the catseyes that I was given the option to Link are either red or blue. The rest are still white. 

I have a waystone at each end of the highway, and both waystones are perfectly in line with the catseyes, and both are on deeds. The entire highway is about 15 tiles long, 2 lanes, with waystones at each end and catseyes on every tile corner between them. All catseyes are in the tile corner, in the middle of 2 lanes of pavement. (We no longer have any 1-lane with gravel on either side, just all paved).

Edited by Batta

7 hours ago, Araninke said:

Yes, they should be planted. Are you selecting them and then tile corner square in-between tile borders to plant them on?

No!  I was not doing this!  I was right clicking the catseyes and looking for Plant option, as for a sign.  Great, this might make a big difference! 

Update:  IT WORKS!!  Thank you so much for this!  Amazing how one small detail can make all the difference!  Yay! We have highways!

Edited by Batta
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Batta said:

No!  I was not doing this!  I was right clicking the catseyes and looking for Plant option, as for a sign.  Great, this might make a big difference! 

Update:  IT WORKS!!  Thank you so much for this!  Amazing how one small detail can make all the difference!  Yay! We have highways!

Awesome! Glad we got it sorted out for you. Now get to catseye-ing those highways! :P