Sign in to follow this  
Wort

Cave-ins

I am planning to mine out my village cave is such a way as to maximize natural cave-ins. (trying to get veins). I just want to clear up a couple questions I have about how cave-ins work these days.

I understand that cave-ins no longer happen in the middle of open caverns, but how open does a cavern have to be to prevent a cave-in? I can assume a wide open cavern would prevent almost all cave-ins, so I didn't bother to illustrate it, but I illustrated a few other options that I think will work, and one that I'm pretty sure won't. The marble slabs indicate tiles I believe are "safe" from cave-in.

A.) This one, I know, will cause a huge number of cave-ins, because my one tile wide caves get caved in all the time.

B. and D.) These ones I only illustrated to see if my understanding of the cave-in system is correct.

C.) I think this is the one that gives me the most tiles susceptible to cave-in.

76ee54619cd382fddfa111c0a69d3839.png

Please let me know if I've got the right idea, here, or if I've missed anything.

Thanks.

I think you are correct  in your assumption as my travels through tunnel canals have shown that cave-ins happen near other walls..