Sign in to follow this  
Bossie

Rarity transfer

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Rarity_system

"Raw Materials"

"This includes anything you use up to create something else, examples being Sand, Dirt, Planks, Nails and so on. Upon completely consuming the item - through improving with it, or creating an item with it - there is a small chance of its rarity transferring to the item that are being worked on exists."

I tried to improve a forge using two pieces of rare and one supreme piece of rockshards. All 3 pieces were 0.5kg and were consumed/spent in the process. None of it caused a drumroll for rarity chance.

Is the above info in Wurmpedia still valid or should it be changed?

5 minutes ago, Bossie said:

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Rarity_system

"Raw Materials"

"This includes anything you use up to create something else, examples being Sand, Dirt, Planks, Nails and so on. Upon completely consuming the item - through improving with it, or creating an item with it - there is a small chance of its rarity transferring to the item that are being worked on exists."

I tried to improve a forge using two pieces of rare and one supreme piece of rockshards. All 3 pieces were 0.5kg and were consumed/spent in the process. None of it caused a drumroll for rarity chance.

Is the above info in Wurmpedia still valid or should it be changed?

it is valid, however those 'rarity transfers' do not trigger the drum roll animation as they are not drum rolls. but they still do exist.

the chance, however, is only 1% so it is very rare.

10 hours ago, Arium said:

it is valid, however those 'rarity transfers' do not trigger the drum roll animation as they are not drum rolls. but they still do exist.

the chance, however, is only 1% so it is very rare.

I always wondered why using up rare mat on imping doesn't trigger drum roll.I'm very curious what's your source for claim that those rarity transfers exist, WU code, personal ingame expirience or some post from developers? :)

43 minutes ago, kochinac said:

I always wondered why using up rare mat on imping doesn't trigger drum roll.I'm very curious what's your source for claim that those rarity transfers exist, WU code, personal ingame expirience or some post from developers? :)

• 14th January 2014, Rolf: There is already a chance that using rare materials transfer to the thing you create or improve. Consuming a rare material when improving has a 1/100 possibility to transfer rarity. When improving or polishing a drum roll doesn't always mean rarity. The window is 20 seconds plus up to 10 of village faith creation bonus.