Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

New Bridge Type: Drawbridge

Suggest a new bridge type:  The Drawbridge.

This bridge would animate to raise or lower with appropriate sound effects.  The tile that receives the lowered edge would not be modifiable or destructible (like other bridges).

All existing bridge building/mechanics would remain the same, except:

When raised, the bridge span is not passable.

When lowered, the span is passable.

Would be used to provide/restrict access across deed moats.

Should be an easy add for such a talented dev team!

• Like 11

As a pvper i dunno really... kinda makes defense too easy

+1. As far as balancing it for PvP goes, just add something to attack that, when destroyed, lowers the drawbridge permanently (until repaired).

Edited by Delacroix
  • Like 1

+1

Would give second option instead of mandatory mine doors.

But @Delacroix why does every mean of access must have an option to break through?

Enemies could attack the walls instead. It's not like you could just plaster the walls with drawbridges to secure them.

Drawbridges would be a great way to build an entrance without giving the enemy a weakpoint. Otherwise they are gonna be as obsolete as doorlocks. I mean we dont even attach them anymore because every single enemy just picks them in under 30 seconds. Even if drawbridges would take longer to bash, nobody would actually build them if they are destructable, because once bashed they provide a shortcut through the defences (no dirtwall to climb, no wall to bash... just a lock to pick) . So either you make them absourdly strong (in which case you didnt change anything) or you implement another building option that's useless on freedom and wont be used on epic.

Edited by TheAwesomeOne

If a double drawbridge yeah i can see it being balanced for pvp, acts like portculus lowers when person aproaches ( like a door ) if locked, can have permissions set, that way, on pvp can be picked and effectively lowered and for pve still gives the permission system of allowing folks to pass throu. ( would have to watch for folks putting them on 'public' bridges and restricting crossing )

Otherwise

+1