Sign in to follow this  
Alexgopen

Remove meditation path-up cooldown on epic

Remove path-up cooldowns on epic entirely.  It's just needless extra waiting before newer players can be effective in pvp.

The current meditation path-up cooldowns also mean all this new blood from freedom wont be able to pvp effectively until a few months from now, because they need to wait on all their path cooldowns in order to get sotg. 

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 6

+1

The whole concept of the Epic update, was to allow for new players to have a better advantage at PvP and catching up to existing players. With SOTG in the game this is realistically not possible.

I would prefer SOTG to be removed and potentially meditating as a whole but failing this... I completely agree with the above!

• Like 1

+1 and have different passives for different paths

Power - no hurting status or being able to be bashed or somet

Love - god knows

knowledge - double spell damaeg

hate - 40% damage passive

these are random ideas and im sure people have better ones

Edited by Ragzad
  • Like 1

sure but only if you remove them on freedom to, so new people on chaos can catch up too.....

the timers are weird anyways, leveling meditation is already limited so no need for more timers.

32 minutes ago, Wulfgarr said:

Nah, with the new system its fast enough. So -1 from me.

the meditation skillgains are fast. you still need to wait about 4 months to get past the cooldowns as you path up

+1

And if not, at least reduce the number you multiply the level by from 15 to 7 to get the timers cut in half.

This would allow someone with 91+ meditating to get to level 13 in 1/2 the time.

9 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

the meditation skillgains are fast. you still need to wait about 4 months to get past the cooldowns as you path up

For full SoTG yes, but much less for starting to get the DR reduction. If no cooldown then just give everyone with 50+ meditaing a 30% DR, much easier that way. Faster does not mean we should not have any kind of progression. My 2 cents.

-1, but i personally think a week max per level is a good length.

With complete removal people would just flip flop daily which would be silly.

*cough* meditation rework budda planned to implement which include shorter timers *cough*

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

+1. While the idea may be cool, Meditation as implemented is a clunky mechanic at best for PvP. (On Freedom, I suspect it makes more sense.)

On Epic, I would do the following:

- Remove the questions entirely (so no chance of anyone getting them wrong; why force people to either look up the answers, or risk having to wait an extra 18 days or more?). Instead, for lore's sake, just tell the right answer in the pop-up when you reach the next level.

- Condense the meditation schedule into one a day, with skillgain balanced around it (and skillgain on usage: -100 to 100 rolls), and no changes at level 20 (it's always one a day). This would allow new players to be doing other things than watching the clock, and wouldn't penalize players who can't be on all the time (as a new player, it was daunting to realize I had to be online -how- much throughout the day for -how- many months to be PVP ready, provided I had chosen insanity back when I didn't know what I was doing...).

- Make all bonuses start at level 7 and increase to 11 (like insanity).

- Remove the 10-tile movement requirement. It's not like macroing really matters for med, and it doesn't add any immersion or gameplay value (for me, at least), it's just annoying.

- Remove the chance to not get a question/level (all it does is force a player to do the same thing over and over; fun :P ).

- Balance the paths for PVP! :P (I know, easier said than done.)

And yeah, I'd be fine with removing the question timers. :) Instead, here are a couple possibilities:

- A cooldown like religion or kingdom, to keep switches from being silly.

- Zero the skill every time you switch. You have to level med all over again from 1, and re-earn any titles. This means time to level 11 would be entirely dependent on leveling speed, and could be balanced via skillgain. (I kinda like this one, although I realize the stat gain that goes with med gain -entirely- messes it up. :P You'd have to do something like only give stat gain for the highest gains, so the first time to 100 would give stat gain, and no other runs would.)

short enough to not take to long, but not so short people sit on deed with lvl 11 PoK and leave deed with SotG

• Like 1

Just make a one time option to choose a med path that'll give level that you can med up to, then further ones or changing path require questions time etc.

Just now, Oblivionnreaver said:

Just make a one time option to choose a med path that'll give level that you can med up to, then further ones or changing path require questions time etc.

that makes no sense...

3 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

that makes no sense...

What part of it are you having a hard time grasping?

• Like 1

Taking out the timer or allowing you to change and immediately have the skill up to where you had it will lead to some folks abusing it unless there is a super long cool down on how often you can change paths.

22 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

What part of it are you having a hard time grasping?

Why would they implement a one-time ability to do that? where is the logic in it?

Lets new people get their meditation path when transferring over to get into pvp quicker without letting people "flip flop daily" as you mentioned.

As for logic, well i don't really expect logic playing this game.

5 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Lets new people get their meditation path when transferring over to get into pvp quicker without letting people "flip flop daily" as you mentioned.

Ah righto, good point. Guess that works.

i think a week max on both clusters is good maybe skill can still lower it somewhat

• Like 3