Sign in to follow this  
MgoMoarPro

Dedicated server crash on start

Hello im new to wurm, tho ive hade servers before within unturned 7days to die etc but with wurm it wont work so if anyone knows how it can be fixed please let me know. :)

Heres the crash log https://pastebin.com/Kvf8SJrv

Best regards Mgo

i readed and seems like it is

INFO: Shutting down the server - cause:
java.lang.NullPointerException

thats causing it any ideas how to fix it? :)

1. java.lang.NullPointerException
  2.     at com.wurmonline.server.kingdom.Kingdom.setExistsHere(Kingdom.java:146)
  3.     at com.wurmonline.server.villages.Village.<init>(Village.java:446)

Sounds like some village has an illegal or not existent kingdom in your database as the error happens when loading a certain village.
Edited by Sklo:D

Okey but any ideas how i fix this i have uninstalled cleaned with disccleaner etc rebooted reinstalled java nothing works tho :(

3 hours ago, MgoMoarPro said:

Okey but any ideas how i fix this i have uninstalled cleaned with disccleaner etc rebooted reinstalled java nothing works tho :(

Open the database and find the village causing an error.

Are you using the Creative server template or the Adventure template?

Be patient please, if I wouldn't answere your questions then likely nobody would. Customer support is not a big thing in Wurm.

just feel frustrating got the game at monday and didnt play more then one day next day it all whent south lol

but just curious why would they sell a game and dont give support that wont attract players rlly :o

12 minutes ago, MgoMoarPro said:

but just curious why would they sell a game and dont give support that wont attract players rlly :o

That's a long story also doesn't really matter for this topic. Basically the Wurm server is a very complex program, to maintain a server you need a lot of technical knowledge, otherwhise you will run into huge problems very soon. It is not something like Ark where you click start and it works. For this level of support the people managing this game are not enough, there are not many helping out in the issue sections of WU and the people who are helping out are mostly private players not staff members. I know that the original purpose was to use small servers in Wurm Unlimited but in the end only the big servers with technicians behin them survived. In the end Wurm unlimited has the same sized servers as Wurm Online, there are not many server used privately. On university we call products like WU a human interaction design failure.

To wipe the server do the following steps:

Go to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server

Delete the Adventure folder in there.

Now go to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\dist

Copy the Adventure folder in there to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server

Now go to 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\Adventure

Rename the file called "originaldir" to "gamedir"

Start the server again and it should work fine.

ah nice ill try it and im not how i say bad with pc i know more then just basics it`s just java makes my head hurt xD

1 minute ago, MgoMoarPro said:

ah nice ill try it and im not how i say bad with pc i know more then just basics it`s just java makes my head hurt xD

Yeah don't worry that error is a tough one. There must be something wrong with a certain village this usually never happens but the Adventure mode has a lot lot lot of errors, better to backup as often as you can.

Just now, MgoMoarPro said:

ah thanks for the heads up :)

In the long run I would recommend you to join the bigger Internet servers, most of them provide quite good stability and support.

please but I guess I forgot to tell you a small detail

With 20 people you also might want to use a Creative server, the Adventure mode is not really something for so many people. The story is also not too interesting or sucking in.

You need to set the IP address in the Local Server tab after copying.