Sign in to follow this  
Karidwen

[Fixed] Mission mobs spawning in wrong places

# What happened

I went a few steps outside my deed "Mirwood" on Deliverance, map location Q21 and there is a live octopus waggling around and diving into the ground.

My assumption is, that this is a octopus spawned for mission, because we currently have one for slaying octopuses.

The closest water is about 30 tiles away, and the height of the location is about 81 from water level.

Screenshot: xPfeqI.jpg

# What you expected to happen

Octopuses to spawn in water, not land.

# Steps to reproduce

I cant tell, but i did not kill it, so if someone comes to my deed, its just north from the entrance road...

• Like 1

So this is maybe where the exodus traitor dolphin is, somewhere on a mountain side, lol.

• Like 1

I don't think this has anything to do with missions; might just be an ordinary octopus spawning in the wrong location.

As far as I remember this particular spot used to be ocean before it was filled up with dirt a long time ago, so maybe this is the reincarnation of an ancient marine creature returning to its ancestral hunting grounds ... or it may well be the evolutionary vanguard of mutant octopuses finally coming ashore (we know they are very intelligent)!  <just kidding - sorry, couldn't resist :P>

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Yaga said:

As far as I remember this particular spot used to be ocean before it was filled up with dirt a long time ago,

I have never actually seen an octopus, so I assume they actually spawn in water and don't move on land, unlike seals?

If that is the case, then this bug is probably related to the bug with forage/botanize never being available on certain terraformed tiles, probably because the server polls based on historical information, rather than actual current tile status.

9 hours ago, Karidwen said:

# What happened

I went a few steps outside my deed "Mirwood" on Deliverance, map location Q21 and there is a live octopus waggling around and diving into the ground.

My assumption is, that this is a octopus spawned for mission, because we currently have one for slaying octopuses.

The closest water is about 30 tiles away, and the height of the location is about 81 from water level.

Screenshot: xPfeqI.jpg

# What you expected to happen

Octopuses to spawn in water, not land.

# Steps to reproduce

I cant tell, but i did not kill it, so if someone comes to my deed, its just north from the entrance road...

Read the mission description. It's octopuses that have spawned across the land.  Only the ones that spawned on land count for the mission.  It's just one of the weird new missions they added. We just had one of these on epic

Description: Libila requires you to slay 32 Octopuss that have appeared across the land.

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 1

My time to add some stuff to it.

Animals ignore their normal spawn points when spawned by a mission. While looking for a traitor sea serpent... we found a few rats happily swimming around in the sea.

And the sea serpent inside someone deed (and pen) inland.

wurm.20171112.1259_2.png?width=1030&heig

• Like 1