Sign in to follow this  
Delacroix

Fix the sleep bonus reward for 'performing ritual' missions.

Description: Libila asks 1 of you to perform the Ritual of sun at the Lamentations Way. It is located in the southwest regions.

Rewards: 30m sleep bonus for the person who completes this mission as well as 500 karma split between participants

These never should have been changed to begin with, as it is strictly an anti-player change, and for them to not have been at least improved along with the other missions is a slap in the face.

You fail to mention any bug with it? Does it not give sleep bonus to the person who does the ritual? 

• Like 1

i saw something like
Description: Libila asks 1.0 of you to perform the Ritual of sun at the Lamentations Way. It is located in the southwest regions.

Rewards: 30m sleep bonus for the person who completes this mission as well as 500 karma split between participants

29 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

You fail to mention any bug with it? Does it not give sleep bonus to the person who does the ritual? 

You're right, I failed to mention a bug with it. Because it's not a bug report. It's a suggestion to reverse an arbitrary decision that served little more point than to simply screw the player-base. If you are truly unfamiliar with the way missions work, and used to work, an explanation is that this type of mission used to reward all players within local 30m of sleep bonus upon completion.

35 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

What the hell retro, these used to be a group event, some of these epic structures took a lot of time to build too, we did it as a group to get them all built and now they no longer benefit anyone but the 1 person who performs the task, or more if it states such.

Before we would go to this as a group of people and one person would get the karma and the rest would get sleep bonus. Now you made these missions so only the player(s) doing the actual mission get any sleep bonus and split the karma to those present. On freedom for the most part we are not interested in the karma as much as the sleep bonus and this change took away the social aspect of doing these mission types as now for the most part they are solo missions.

• Like 2

I was never one for going on the treks to do these missions but i do find it sad that they've been nerfed and the group aspect taken away. Always sounded rather fun and amusing seeing everyone in alliance gearing up to go trek out to the mission structures. Especially after the server suddenly made it so there were far more viable ones for missions with the recent change.

• Like 1

Is that what's going on? I'd assumed that since all the missions like that I'd seen so far were difficulty 1 they'd require more people at higher difficulty. I guess that's not the case?

11 minutes ago, Darmalus said:

Is that what's going on? I'd assumed that since all the missions like that I'd seen so far were difficulty 1 they'd require more people at higher difficulty. I guess that's not the case?

Even if that were a case, it's still an unnecessary massive nerf. Literally the only way that it makes any bit of sense is if you work under the assumption that they are working towards selling sleep powders in the shop for actual cash.

51 minutes ago, Darmalus said:

before this update, the number of required participants scaled with the amount of followers of said deity on the server that have been online within a certain period of time iirc.

i'd assume its still similar to this for the most part and from the missions that have actually finished on xanadu since the update, which were very very few as the whole list is cluttered with epic constructions still, the difficulty didnt seem to matter much if at all.

also, after the initial change to dance missions came in and Jberg made a post on the patch notes that he would be suggesting to disallow penning those structures with the game rules i asked him for his reason to say so, and he said:

[18:44:24] <Jberg> oooohhhh, why!
[18:45:12] <Jberg> yes, that - simply because missions are for everybody, and there's no way to get through a structure on freedom that you're not on

yet the current design is everything but this. you can only have a single person finish the mission and he can not split it at all, even if he would want to.

before, if you knew where the structure was located, even if you did not have access, you could place yourself nearby and get in on the sb, so it WAS publicly available to everyone who wanted to get it.

also, doing it in a way similar to how it is done now was suggested around that time before. however, if you were aiming for a system similar to that i'm sorry to tell you that you missed 90% of the suggestion.

the suggestion made in the patch notes at that time was to allow doing dances at ANY structure that has the right type, make the rewards dancer specific instead of an area of effect and boost the required number of participants by a fair bit so that people that usually would have been sitting nearby would still have a chance to participate.

Edited by Arium
  • Like 2

We did state when epic mission buildings were changed that we'd be changing how it worked.

Or is this asking to have more required and less per participant? 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

We did state when epic mission buildings were changed that we'd be changing how it worked.

You are horrible at PR

Maybe you should of stated instead for epic missions being a social group event we are going to change it to a singular event, because its bad enough when one player in wurm is having fun, can you imagine how horrible it would be for a whole group of players to have fun at the same time?

What was the real purpose of this change? Are you sitting on old sleep powder stock? Too many players were getting sb from doing missions? Wurm had something fun to do?

I do appreciate the change on the other mission rewards I just can't understand the reason for plowing this one into the ground.

Edited by JakeRivers

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

You are horrible at PR

I'd support a discussion on this, but not with this tone.

Being a player and a customer does not give you the right to treat someone else with this level of disrespect.

Change the attitude if you'd like to see change enacted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I am asking that this decision be reversed, because it is wholly anti-player (meaning, in this case, that it is spitting in the face of your most loyal players--the ones who actually log in every day and play the game.) What purpose does it serve on your end, Retro? It clearly isn't for our benefit by any stretch of the imagination.

3 minutes ago, Delacroix said:

I am asking that this decision be reversed, because it is wholly anti-player (meaning, in this case, that it is spitting in the face of your most loyal players--the ones who actually log in every day and play the game.) What purpose does it serve on your end, Retro? It clearly isn't for our benefit by any stretch of the imagination.

So first off, Retro can only speak on what he's been given by developers. I've seen him attacked on this, and that's plain nonsensical. Shooting the messenger is about as illogical of a reaction as you can get.

I will need to verify with Budda, but I would like to discuss this change with him next week and see if we can give Retro something better.

That's all for now.

• Like 1

Well maybe it would help if you would tell us the 'why' part of these changes.

And it is traditional to shoot the messenger.

If it helps I will apologize for my tone, perhaps it was uncalled for, but there has been a lot of changes without reasons given. 

Still waiting to here why we can no longer erupt reinforced walls.

Edited by JakeRivers

43 minutes ago, Keenan said:

So first off, Retro can only speak on what he's been given by developers. I've seen him attacked on this, and that's plain nonsensical. Shooting the messenger is about as illogical of a reaction as you can get.

I will need to verify with Budda, but I would like to discuss this change with him next week and see if we can give Retro something better.

That's all for now.

It was never my intention to 'attack' Retro. With that said, I'm going to state my personal ethos from my time working in similar positions: it's probably best to wait to address something like this until being given more from the developers (barring gathering more information when necessary, obviously.) His very first post in this thread was in bad form, all things considered--at best, it shows (from a player's perspective) ignorance of basic game mechanics--mechanics that he'd spoken on in the past (which is indicative of feigned rather than true ignorance), and at worst, a terribly dismissive tone that leads to feelings of resentment.

Thank you for your assistance on this matter, Keenan. And apologies to Retro.

Edited by Delacroix
  • Like 1