Sign in to follow this  
Ame

Damascus Steel instead Iron plate armour

It would be for Plate armour smiths better to add new thing to reach like Damascus steel which you would be required to combine all the metals that you can mine from regular veins (Wogic = iron+tin+copper+zinc+gold+silver = Damascus steel). And remove Iron plate armours that just makes all the plate armour smiths that are out there think they had golden shower on them. But if not removing could be changed to bigger difference in DEF between steel and iron plate armours.

Edited by Ame
  • Like 2

+1 to more high end steel armor options

-1 to no iron plate, i am against the "boohoo it was hard for me to do this skill so should be hard for everyone" and "meh markets"  arguments that stop new items or more availability of high end stuff. 

• Like 15

26 minutes ago, elroth said:

+1 to more high end steel armor options

-1 to no iron plate, i am against the "boohoo it was hard for me to do this skill so should be hard for everyone" and "meh markets"  arguments that stop new items or more availability of high end stuff. 

This.

-1 to use of all metals for the creation of patterned steel that is iron and carbon.

+1 to steel plate having better abilities such as simply the 2-2.5% speed boost like epic has.

-1 to removing iron plate... It offers. Great option for protections and ability to skill gain. (Richer players or veterans have benefited the use of imping a scale glove to remove the waste of steel) now we have iron that can be skilled with.

Modern damascus steel or patern steel is layers of steels with different carbon percentage and possible nickle in one of them and etched in acid to reveal patern and as far as i know it has no advantages compared to other steels used to smith blades except for aestetics. What used to be damascus steel in past or crucible steel was advence version of steel that was melted in clay pots, nobody actualy no anymore how it was made i think it was imported in Europe from India during viking age and was famous for purity(lack of slag). +1 for more high end metals in metalurgy and their use, -1 for removing iron plate

My 2 cents on post

• Like 1

+1 to fancy high end metallurgy items---> this would be really cool =)

-1 to all metals idea

+1 to OP,  I don't even know why iron plate armor was added when chain armor could have been buffed (Even though id rather see chain branch off into more animal armors). 

On 09/11/2017 at 2:30 AM, elroth said:

I'm part of the "boohoo it was rewarding to progress in plate armor smithing but now the same thing as chain armor smithing" club :/ The availability of items make the game a lot less rewarding. Imagine everybody getting unique drops on an island as if its rite of spring (even while you are asleep). May seem like a pretty extreme example, but I think its fit to relate to removing the drive to:

1.) Cut trees down (woodcutting skill)

2.) Dig dirt (digging skill)

3.) Make charcoal  (coal making skill) (Also waiting for the charcoal)

4.) Mine the iron (mining skill)

5.) Make the steel (metallurgy skill)

6.) Craft with it (plate smithing skill)

All these should be relatively high, and must be done continuously to make the armor.

By making iron plate an option that is very viable:

1.) Mine the iron (mining skill)

2.) Craft with it (plate smithing skill)

The addition 4 skills (woodcutting,digging,coal making,metallurgy) should allow you to have some significant boost in crafting armor. Iron plate shouldn't be as good as it is.... also metal torches dyed white dominate brass oil lamps (can't be dyed)... just putting that out there.

• Like 2

also forgot to mention I don't even have my PAS pass 20, but, little before the update with iron plate armor,  I was casting coc on kindlings and charcoal all hyped up to grind up the skill. Now all i have to look forward to is the minuscule benefits of steel on anything available if i grind it now.