Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch notes 8/NOV/17

General Changes:

• Added identify option to fragments when outside of inventory.
  • Removed player god favoured messages.
  • Tweaked max difficulty of archaeology actions to scale correctly at higher levels.
  • Changed the speed penalty of all plate helms to be the same.
  • Changed mask fragments to need 10 to combine them instead of 3.
  • Tweaked valrei fight movement code so deities don’t dance around in the same spot and waste their turn.

Mission Changes:

• Changed how mission rewards are displayed and work.
    • Missions that weren’t giving rewards properly previously should now give them properly again.
    • Rewards overall should be a bit higher now, and display correctly on the mission window for each type of mission.
    • We’ll be monitoring completion rates and feedback on these and tweaking as needed in the coming weeks.
  • Tweaked chances for certain types of missions to spawn, lowered the chance of build epic structure missions to spawn overall.
  • Changed sacrifice creature missions so that you do not need to be a follower of the god to sacrifice the creature.
    • As long as you are in that god’s domain you will be able to sacrifice the creature, you will just not get any favor for it if you are not a follower of that god.
  • Fixed build epic structure missions so they properly accept newly built structures that are in the correct location.
  • Fixed creature related missions so they cannot spawn with baby creatures (lambs, foals, etc)
  • Fixed enemy missions on home servers so they have a chance to spawn properly at lower difficulty.
  • Fixed player god missions on non-epic servers so they don’t respawn.
  • Fixed valrei fights so that player gods aren’t thrown into random fights.
  • Fixed avatars spawning as the wrong kingdom for missions.

General Fixes:

• Fixed rideable creatures with lingering traitor marks so they don’t resize to huge.
  • Fixed identifying fragments so it is possible while embarked.
  • Fixed destroying pavement while inside caves.
  • Fixed dragon armour so a metal brush cannot remove the colour from them.
  • Fixed fragments to not be smeltable.
  • Fixed combined fragments appearing with negative enchantments.
  • Fixed items in FSBs transferring to other bulk bins with their data intact.
  • Fixed tamed creatures having a mind of their own and wandering off sometimes.
  • Fixed traders so they will properly stock wagoner contracts.
  • Fixed kingdom influence messages reporting the wrong percentages.
  • Fixed creatures attacking through walls and from a long distance.
  • Fixed fragments to correctly send the imp icon all the time.
  • Fixed an issue with fragment materials.
  • Fixed an issue with using a portal from GV to Xanadu not keeping the starter deed information.
  • Fixed an issue with first time premium payments not syncing correctly with the login server.

Client Changes:

• Added rain occlusion – rain and snow will no longer appear under roofs. (GLSL and FBO must be enabled in your client for this to properly work)
    • NOTE: This does not mean that paved tiles inside buildings will no longer have the snow texture.
  • New mine doors should only appear where they are placed.
  • Like 2

Although I'm sorry i could not use the window of opportunity I think it is a good thing to tweak masks more rare. Also thanks for identifying being possible outside inventory. 

• Like 1

• Fixed an issue with using a portal from GV to Xanadu not keeping the starter deed information.

I good i reported that bug when i joined xanaduu in 2015 :)

can we PLEASE get an update on epic to freedom skill merge?

its been 6 days. no news unless i am missing something

Edited by elroth
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, elroth said:

We're still working on it, and hope to have it done by the weekend, but if it takes longer to get it right, we've no choice but to take that time. This isn't something the systems were designed for, so requires a lot of behind the scenes stuff, but we're working on it

• Like 6

I would say be patient and hope they get the epic to freedom move right, be better than doing it now and watch your account melt. 

;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

We're still working on it, and hope to have it done by the weekend, but if it takes longer to get it right, we've no choice but to take that time. This isn't something the systems were designed for, so requires a lot of behind the scenes stuff, but we're working on it

Retro i totall understand that, but when you tell people "a couple of days" by day 3 people are going to be like ehm... hello?

please just keep us updated. because of the freeze of skills on epic, and my stats being higher on epic. i cant do anything because its a waste of potential skill ticks..

i am sure there is more people like that.

• Like 1

Thank you for the update, I am eager to move my char over to Freedom and thank you for taking your time. 

Can someone tell me the reason why the sleep bonus reward had to be reduced so drastically before, and still not as good as it used to be? I can understand the karma thing on the epic side as that is used for valerie mini game, but sleep bonus does not really affect game play. Are your sleep powders no longer selling in the market easy for 1s? The store not selling enough silver for those that buy dozens of these things?

Rewards: 20m sleep bonus for each participant upon completion of this mission as well as 5 karma per item with 30m extra sleep bonus split between participants upon completion (30m max each)

So this is for a crazy mission, but it might actually be worth while doing now so will try a few and see how it goes.

I am so sad, you shrunk and deshined my bison. 8(

4pDv12i.jpg

She was magnificent!

• Like 3

well with what was change u have made chaos unplayable with  lag u cant even move now ......

9 minutes ago, icenrns said:

well with what was change u have made chaos unplayable with  lag u cant even move now ......

checked out chaos, no lag on my end, may be something with your system 

Masks are just cosmetic at this point, so I think by having the requirement set to 3 wasn't too bad, because it's still like 1/<insert number of different items in wurm here (and likely some difficulty modifier)> percent chance.... times 3.

I didn't mind having it out of 3 (couldn't we have voted on it?), but I guess we gotta keep them expensive. And by the way, I have a ton of masks, I just think making them more widely available can't hurt since they're supposed to be a feature in the game. The 1/3 is certainly more obtainable than the silly 1/10, (and don't get me started on the1/93(?) for a statue), which made it more fun, and gave a purpose to the skill/feature.

Oh well, soon to be another couple hardly useful 90 titles. :D

Also,

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:
  • Changed the speed penalty of all plate helms to be the same.

Time to switch your basinet helms out for open helms everyone!

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:
  • Added rain occlusion – rain and snow will no longer appear under roofs. (GLSL and FBO must be enabled in your client for this to properly work)
    • NOTE: This does not mean that paved tiles inside buildings will no longer have the snow texture.

Only noteworthy fix and a great one :)

• Like 1

Masks are really not a big deal, I mean you flooded the game with returners and those rebirth ones, can't see it being such a big deal.

Linux users heads up:

After this patch I could not load wurmclient or wurmclient_lowmem on machine running Linux Mint.

Got a red box. Error log said the rain system was preventing the game from loading.

Turned off GLSL and game loads without problem.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, elroth said:

its been 6 days. no news unless i am missing something

I've been chatting in Discord quite a bit, but I'll post up here as well.

In order to do this properly, I've had to merge in four servers worth of data into a single database instance. As some from the WU community may know, player records are kept on the servers you depart from and are updated when you return. Due to this I needed to be able to ensure I'm pulling the latest data for your character or risk using old skill data.

With the hotfixes and other emergencies I've had to handle, I didn't have as much time to dedicate to this as I'd have liked and we didn't realize this complication until close to the update time. In any other situation, it's fairly easy to ensure that we're pulling data for the current players of that server - except for Epic - due to how we store the epic server information. We also couldn't rely upon the player's current server because that would omit anyone playing on Freedom at the time of the snapshot.

The most important part of this is to get it right. I'm expecting to have it done and tested in the next few days. And remember: these will be a snapshot of the skills you had on epic before the update, and only the skills.

Thanks for your patience.

• Like 5

Love that you guys are having fun in discord.  The IRC channel is a ghost town that noone could get help in if they screamed for hours.  Discord isn't connected to the game in any fashion.  But it seems the only place that anyone can find any information in.  Can more posts be done on the forums for folks that do not go into either of those channels?  Including when the game is having hiccups and servers need to be restarted.  Along with any other information that people would find interesting or informational.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keenan said:

I've been chatting in Discord quite a bit, but I'll post up here as well.

In order to do this properly, I've had to merge in four servers worth of data into a single database instance. As some from the WU community may know, player records are kept on the servers you depart from and are updated when you return. Due to this I needed to be able to ensure I'm pulling the latest data for your character or risk using old skill data.

With the hotfixes and other emergencies I've had to handle, I didn't have as much time to dedicate to this as I'd have liked and we didn't realize this complication until close to the update time. In any other situation, it's fairly easy to ensure that we're pulling data for the current players of that server - except for Epic - due to how we store the epic server information. We also couldn't rely upon the player's current server because that would omit anyone playing on Freedom at the time of the snapshot.

The most important part of this is to get it right. I'm expecting to have it done and tested in the next few days. And remember: these will be a snapshot of the skills you had on epic before the update, and only the skills.

Thanks for your patience.

thank you for the update. good luck and i hope to be able to play again this weekend then.

because of the snapshot, there is no point in playing currently when epic is higher.

not complaining, just trying to explain why the wait feels long..

8 hours ago, DevBlog said:

\o/  Thank you for fixing my roof!!  

( oh and for the other stuff too) :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DevBlog said:

IT HAPPENED

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chakron said:

NOTE: This does not mean that paved tiles inside buildings will no longer have the snow texture

Not really.  Built floors are still above ground level, to me and others that looks horrible, so we used paved tiles as our ground floor.

All this means is, we use an ugly looking above ground built floor = no snow OR we use our regular flat with the bottom of the house paved tiles and Get snow.

Least it's halfway towards the goal of Zero snow in All houses.

5 hours ago, Pashka said:

Love that you guys are having fun in discord.  The IRC channel is a ghost town that noone could get help in if they screamed for hours.  Discord isn't connected to the game in any fashion.  But it seems the only place that anyone can find any information in.  Can more posts be done on the forums for folks that do not go into either of those channels?  Including when the game is having hiccups and servers need to be restarted.  Along with any other information that people would find interesting or informational.

IRC is used to communicate downtime, issues, and also regularly used for discussion.

Discord is a far more useful system as it allows you to catch up on anything youve missed, in IRC if you're not logged in, you miss it, discord you receive all messages even if not logged in. 

If you are having issues, feel free to jump in IRC, it's still used and is available ingame or you could use the webchat version of discord too! https://discord.gg/TTr9KPm

• Like 1

The last time I was in IRC was a downtime and there was not one note or word said even though several folks were asking what was going on.   The log in message should at least be changed when there is an issue for IRC or something.

3 hours ago, Stormblade said:

Not really.  Built floors are still above ground level, to me and others that looks horrible, so we used paved tiles as our ground floor.

All this means is, we use an ugly looking above ground built floor = no snow OR we use our regular flat with the bottom of the house paved tiles and Get snow.

Least it's halfway towards the goal of Zero snow in All houses.

I agree, but I solved that problem by making what are basically antechambers for my structures.

Sign in to follow this