Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

my very first mod from scratch

so some of you know that i did some texture upgrades for wurm, and i'm sure some of you have used those, so thanks for that,

most of you know i fell out with arkonick over his unwillingness, shall we say to let me use his stuff, but i've been using it anyway, for private use,

it's funny how those that cause us great angst, can also inspire us to learn new things, and i must say a big thankyou to arkonick for making me angry enough to learn something new.. and an even bigger thankyou to @agofor lending me his ear as it were in regards to helping me get  my head around a little scripting.

this is my first mod that i've done from scratch.. i'm still trying to figure out how to get it to fit into the window frame, nice and neatly, but with each test it's getting right where i want it...i'm almost there and i'm stoked, it's supposed to represent a stained glass window.

getting a window into wurm will be a great achievement for me, it will be just the beginning of things to come.. when i sink my teeth into something i go whole hog. i'm just wondering though if it is possible to mod in ceilings and new roofing styles.. guess that's something i'll have to investigate.

366220_20171108183909_1.png

• Like 1

Nice window mod. I am planning to do something similar in the future.

only problem i'm having is, if I have it listed under "decoration" it causes the entire "decoration' menu to disappear from crafting, i'm not 100% sure why it's doing it, kind of shelved that for the time being till I can figure it out..

oh if anyone reads this and has an idea how do I change the icon currently it's set to cloth, how do I get it set to "???" like the wall frames

thanks

Each icon has a short associated with it that's sets it, what icon are you trying to use? It's a quick lookup, can't remember class that lists them, I have them all in a notepad.

I tried changing it to another icon (just tried a random number) and it still made the "decorations menu" vanish.

anyway I have shelved it for now, until I can figure out what is causing it.