Sign in to follow this  
Nocturnes

New Freedom Server (New Survival Mode)

then it will just be another place where a group of vets are farming the rewards for money,

like unique's

then no rewards except title if you ask me

the high spawn rates and therefor great FS training is the reward, and bragging rights of the titles.

• Like 2

well with all the killing you'd get a ton of materials and cooking recipes so its true they would be rewad enough already. i agree to the no super rare reward or unique style farming will happen but at the same time nothing at all sounds a bit....cheap. to survive an area overrun with creatures, cooperation will be vital. so a small reward boost might help bring people in, but got to keep it realisticly low enough. iirc rare tools give about +1 ql to harvested materials... its not much but its handy. think if the entire server was like this. sure would be easier to get some slightly barely better stuff, but also more dangerous.

also no mail: for some strange reason in the magics of the land the mail fairies are too terrified to go to that place. you want something moved, got to transport it yourself!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elroth said:

then it will just be another place where a group of vets are farming the rewards for money,

like unique's

then no rewards except title if you ask me

the high spawn rates and therefor great FS training is the reward, and bragging rights of the titles.

Wurm is all about opportunity cost. If vets are on this new survival island looking for rewards, they're not on the home islands doing rifts or killing uniques, which in its own way would open doors for newer players.

This means it's important that it take a while to reap the rewards of a new survival island, and it should be about more than levelling fight skills.

For example, the new island could be made a place of ancient ruins, such that the special rewards it offers could only be accessed via archeology. This means vets would need to invest quite a bit of time in combing its surface for fragments as well as surviving the nasties that lurk there (which should include Valrei mobs). :)

Edited by Roccandil
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Roccandil said:

Wurm is all about opportunity cost. If vets are on this new survival island looking for rewards, they're not on the home islands doing rifts or killing uniques, which in its own way would open doors for newer players.

This means it's important that it take a while to reap the rewards of a new survival island, and it should be about more than levelling fight skills.

For example, the new island could be made a place of ancient ruins, such that the special rewards it offers could only be accessed via archeology. This means vets would need to invest quite a bit of time in combing its surface for fragments as well as surviving the nasties that lurk there (which should include Valrei mobs). :)

It doesnt work like that, vets will have one of their high end accounts on the hunting server, and keep other accounts on their home servers. "Vets wont go from server to server killing uniques, they will be busy killing the uniques on their home server" right?

The idea that vets will leave ANY stone unturned is ridiculous and its not supported by what we already see in game now.

• Like 3

That would be awesome :D +1000

But i would like it not to be deedable at all, a harsh still pve place where you wanna go chalenge yourself for some possible nice rewards for pve people

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rathgar said:

It doesnt work like that, vets will have one of their high end accounts on the hunting server, and keep other accounts on their home servers. "Vets wont go from server to server killing uniques, they will be busy killing the uniques on their home server" right?

The idea that vets will leave ANY stone unturned is ridiculous and its not supported by what we already see in game now.

If someone has -that- much time and money to spend on the game, do we really want to balance the game around -them-? In other words, why deny other players the opportunity for something cool, just because an elite cadre of players has the ability to get the lion's share?

By your logic, we ought to remove rifts and uniques, because these elite players can get more out of them than anyone else.

In short, if those kinds of players are a problem, I would address that problem directly, and not by not doing otherwise cool stuff.

On 10/11/2017 at 3:36 PM, Roccandil said:

If someone has -that- much time and money to spend on the game, do we really want to balance the game around -them-? In other words, why deny other players the opportunity for something cool, just because an elite cadre of players has the ability to get the lion's share?

By your logic, we ought to remove rifts and uniques, because these elite players can get more out of them than anyone else.

In short, if those kinds of players are a problem, I would address that problem directly, and not by not doing otherwise cool stuff.

No, Im just saying that your justification for supporting the server was absolute BS, I have very diferent reasons for giving this suggestion a -1 everytime it crops up.  Mainly, we have too many servers already for the ammount of population, and once a server goes online, its IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of it.

9 hours ago, Rathgar said:

No, Im just saying that your justification for supporting the server was absolute BS, I have very diferent reasons for giving this suggestion a -1 everytime it crops up.  Mainly, we have too many servers already for the ammount of population, and once a server goes online, its IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of it.

well a solution then would be to modify an existing server but the locals will likely not like it

• Like 1

we need more player, not more server.

at one year every player has his own server ;)

13 hours ago, Rathgar said:

You're welcome to think that way, but you don't get write privileges to my opinions, and I maintain my position. :)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rathgar said:

We said it wont be deedable anymore as a server, so having a new population spread out there wont be the same as with a new server, ppl who go to "Defiance" will have to go back in a short span of time. Think of it more as remote place where mainly Fighting skills and other related skills will be farmed instead of doing the server hopping to exodus/celebration and cleaning the server steppelands that already is decreasing in size cause freedomers seems to hate deserts and plants forests over them. 

Your afraid that this will divide the population even more, which is a fair argument but I dont think it will be much of a diffrence in server pop, just adding another fun event for your server to host together "Challenge week" or such. :)

This way one server will always remain a grind spot no matter what happens with the populated/deeded servers.

Aswell as bring new challenges and content for PVE combat lovers with some difficulty added, challenge seekers.

*edit*

Another problem is that every server is capped to a certain amount of spawns this INCLUDES breed animals, so if every deed have 20 penned horses which is breeding it will drastically reduce spawns outside deeded areas, hence lowering the ability to hunt new animals. This is why a server that isnt affected by deeds and player breeding/massive farming/highway roads will be ideell for the future of wurm, if we have a problem already with this low population as u stated on each server imagine what it would be if you double the population on each server.

Old

VvQV5kd.jpg

New

OBPP3fc.jpg

R.I.P Pristine Steppe and horse spawner.

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 1