Sign in to follow this  
Nocturnes

New Freedom Server (New Survival Mode)

Now when PVP have gotten a new approach with Epic id say its fair to in a near future look at on a new concept for PVE.

Something like a new PVE server but with new features making it a bit of a challenge for experianced wurmians.

Brainstormed 7 ideas unique to the server:

Survival Server "Defiance 8x8 size"

2-3x mob spawns, covering the land in more mid lvl mobs making it more difficult to live and clean the areas to build/deed.

New mobs unique to this server, maybe rift mobs spawning (without a rift) or trolls who can bash stone walls in deeds *Edit* ( No deeds on server therefore no bashing trolls).

Longer winter seasons with new features such as decreasing crops growth and draining more stamina while working/walking on the snow.

Diseases, more diseases spreading, possibly more devastating effects and could be prevented in deeded areas by (certain method/items/spells) perhaps mycelium growing from a "certain

source" and has to be stopped or else it spreads and claims the area and destroys the crops/grass (food for horses).

Darker nights and a +8 aggro radius increased on mobs aswell as - 1 CR nerf on players during night-time, (could cause trolls and mobs to gather around the deed if players are inside).

Hunger meter does not fasten when reaches 0% instead you have to survive with what little stamina your water bar can give you until you get something to eat.

Guard towers can only be built inside deeds and dissapears with token, spirit guards is also allowed. Max number of guards per tower is 3 and max number of spirit guards is 1, with a 6 hour respawn time on dead guards.

(Possibly no guards at all on the server except starter area) *Edit* No guard towers at all!

*Edits*

As requested by a few, no deeds should be allowed on the server therfore no towers either then as an alternative suggestion, instead it would be only undeeded buildings with a increased decay timer by 10x, making wooden shacks crumble within a week or two.

Perks of staying on the server:

Lots of Fighting skills if u can handle the mobs.

Maybe a slight increase of higher chance to obtain high ql metals/materials from gathering. *Edit* Ancient artifacts found with archeology in higher levels, investigating will have a higher chance to yield better fragments during night but also increased risk.

Rewarding system for hours spent premium (online) in the server with after a certain amount of days u get:

Titles, Cosmetics (Such as unique masks, cloth armour or special colours to metal like "Black steel" with items being bound to account and cant be sold).

The idea is to not make casual freedomers lose anything while still rewarding other freedomers for taking higher risks/difficulty, therefore no increased exp gain or items that increases the players skills/powers over other freedomers (like tomes or special gear like glimmersteel). Its more of a challenge mode for freedomers bored of everday life on normal PVE servers, who want to increase the difficulty of their wurmian experiance and gain something small as a throphy to show back home.

Also to not take to much time to develop by using mechanics and features already in the game but tweaking them or changing them into the above 7.

4701daae17e0b5b11fb776c3581a82a8.jpg

(Two Greenish Venerable Trolls attacking you while you stand on snow draining your stamina in a harsh winter season, but still forced to leave deed cause food ran out in your storage with crops not growing fast enough to replenish your food supply. This could be a day on Defiance, knowing it will get worse if u dont get back home before nightfall)

"One must work and dare if one really wants to live, Vincent van Gogh"

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Rathgar said:

big -1 , no more servers please.

Lets all have our own personal server please.......NOT   

As it is population is so spread that it does not play the same anymore. 

I miss JK Home

I could support this, but remove guard towers and spirit guards entirely, while not allowing creatures to bash deed structures (off-deed is fair game.)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Delacroix said:

I could support this, but remove guard towers and spirit guards entirely, while not allowing creatures to bash deed structures (off-deed is fair game.)

Its a possibility but something needs preventing from just grinding safely in deed all day and night long and then diserve the titles/rewards after that

17 hours ago, Lolabelle said:

Lets all have our own personal server please.......NOT   

As it is population is so spread that it does not play the same anymore. 

I miss JK Home

We all have our opinions that matters which is great, I personaly think its not enough space, maybe cause im used to new affliction with KM of space only for my own projects and untouched mountains/plains. However this is not about adding more space or splitting the communtiy its about adding a new content that couldnt be added on regular servers as it would increase the difficulty for all players and not just those who seek it.

I dont consider 40 players bashing a drake as much of a PVE challenge (its just a matter of how long and how many), nor did I think random spawns of OP nogumps/spirit drakes made Affliction anymore fun either. Just had that random aspect that u could die anytime while being afk or dehorsed in the wilds and not much u could do about it or prevent it as it was totaly random spawns out of nowhere.

I just thought the game needed a new form of challenge then grinding skills or player vs players, in a way that is fun and new but still uses old mechanics/content partly. 

Edited by Nocturnes

17 hours ago, Martynas5 said:

Permadeath?

Sounds abit extreme dont it :p? Reminds me of old champion status

i would all for it if, no deeds and no special rewards or increase of QL

just a server with insane mobs for a challenge in fighting (PVE)

living there in the wild and surviving sounds fun, that is all the reward i would need.

• Like 1

+1. love the idea. should keep old players entertained and push people to group up in villages.

for rewards having a small bonus to gathered ressource ql like 1% might do it, seeing how much harder it would be to get the stuff (and its not like rare tools with  oils and runes dont help anyway now).

perhaps lairs could hold loot? if you manage to clear out the entire herd of course, leaving it empty (so destroying it). something like clear out the few enemies around the lair at first, then as you get to the lair you can examine (or bash to begin cracking it open to get to the goodies). this will startle a few more enemies from attacking (new spawns), likely all at once, so be ready to flee or fight them all. and clearly a rat lair wont hold as much treasure as a troll's.

• Like 1

lairs could give a shared FS to players in local when destroyed based on their maximum Fighting skill. Not to high but a nice tick or something

any version where this leads to extra loot or bonuses i would be against. since i do not think its a good idea to introduce new features that are geared towards the high end accounts if they offer bonuses extra that new bro's cant use

we have enough things to create huge gaps between young and old.

if its just a server with sick spawns, no special loot, no special bonuses, just sicks spawns and no deeds or towers i be +9001

also should wipe the server end of each month. no permanent build up places.

be great to introduce survival weekends with a big group of new players to get some good FS

1 hour ago, elroth said:

any version where this leads to extra loot or bonuses i would be against. since i do not think its a good idea to introduce new features that are geared towards the high end accounts if they offer bonuses extra that new bro's cant use

we have enough things to create huge gaps between young and old.

if its just a server with sick spawns, no special loot, no special bonuses, just sicks spawns and no deeds or towers i be +9001

also should wipe the server end of each month. no permanent build up places.

be great to introduce survival weekends with a big group of new players to get some good FS

Id still like the night effect though, to accutally add some difficulty into it, as mobs would swarm you almost like near a rift portal. Therefore some crude fences and tents and campfires (lights) will be needed when the wurm night is approaching, either that or make a run for it to the coast to get into the boat.

As bonuses I agree dont want any more gaps like drakes and tomes and all this already do, but for greater risks it has to be something extra or players will prefer their safe steppeland FS farming and this server would just sit there and gather dust with maybe 1-4 groups visiting it each week.

But it would be enough with things that is just cosmetics or titles that gives no bonuses or a small increase of FS that will help both new and old players alike training on the server.

No deeds could be a nice idea I agree but instead of whipe you could increase the decay rate by 10x making most camps decay if left unattended for more than 2 weeks.

Could be nice coming back a week later and see your camp overgrown and half decayed, you cut some trees with your group and quickly get it back in shape and then start the hunt shortly after.

Also id like a death tab showing everytime a player dies on the server, would cause mini panic for players during night seeing 1-2 players pop up in the death tab :P

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 1

The extra bonus in raw materials was for crafters and gatherers who also want an increased risk/reward system, going to this server to mine for a day could yield abit better ql perhaps in certain metals, as it adds more difficult grinding for them compared to freedom islands. Then again maybe even that is to much of a bonus, but seing as they cant deed it will be mroe difficult to transport it back aswell. 

5 hours ago, elroth said:

any version where this leads to extra loot or bonuses i would be against.

think of a nogump's loot. something balanced like this for lair. people clearing them solo wouldnt find any worth in the stuff the creatures inside stored since they could only take those items from weaker people.  but if a group was to clean it up its possible they could use an item or two since they would likely be lower skilled and geared.

like rats would give stuff ql 10 or 20 max. since how easy they are to clean out. mostly would be worthless unless a bunch of new people group up and they can share the profits.

chances to find something enchanted, rare or something in moonmetal could exist but would have to be extremely low. like 1-5% chance. so it can be intresting finds, but not things you cant get elsewere. a couple rifts and you can have as much moonmetal or a bit of luck and you got yourself a rare already. or with fragments in archeology now, you could find pieces of items to put back together too

honestly i be happy with just the challenge, no rewards needed. maybe a title for surviving 24 hour and you could do a full moon madness or some other crazy things fo rdifficulty, but mroe spawns together means more FS anyway. the time between killing 1 thing and moving to the next is the big slow down for FS gain

• Like 1

or if the rewards were non drop and purely cosmetic, nothing you can sell so no statues, then i guess i be ok with it too. 

• Like 1

Yes bound to account was the idea like spyglass and these things, didnt think about statues being sellable aswell in the market XD then no statues, its time priests got something new how about a reward is a unique colour on a statuette aswell, could be dropped based on your diety.

Edited by Nocturnes

Everything should be sell-able, the economy needs it.  Account bound is for World of Warcraft and its a terrible idea.

As far as deeds, how about just a few starter deeds where you can rent a 8x8 plot on a weekly basis?  You can stay as long as you want but it will be a bit more expensive than a normal deed.

Edited by madnezz

Just as well do away with towers rather than limiting to a few guards, sounds like you never been to chaos, but tough mobs like you are talking about easily keep chaos towers cleared of any guards, even the rare and supreme towers.

Bound loot is bad for the economy, you find something cool you should be able to sell it, not everyone will be brave enough to visit a tough server like that.

28 minutes ago, madnezz said:

Everything should be sell-able, the economy needs it.  Account bound is for World of Warcraft and its a terrible idea.

As far as deeds, how about just a few starter deeds where you can rent a 8x8 plot on a weekly basis?  You can stay as long as you want but it will be a bit more expensive than a normal deed.

The economy doesnt need it :pppppp   

26 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Just as well do away with towers rather than limiting to a few guards, sounds like you never been to chaos, but tough mobs like you are talking about easily keep chaos towers cleared of any guards, even the rare and supreme towers.

Bound loot is bad for the economy, you find something cool you should be able to sell it, not everyone will be brave enough to visit a tough server like that.

I agree, wanted to get an excuse to get rid of the towers completly too, im suprised that it seems fewer prefer the non-deeded areas and no guard towers, which for me sounds great!

About chaos I was raised in a hellhole like that :P  but yes no nogumps or spirits here, they dont give FS gains anyway.

Edited by Nocturnes